There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
Tr0ll3r
Associate
Game name: Alonzo_Santretto, Romario_Washington

[Guide] How to introduce new players.

November 27th, 2016, 11:14 pm

Introduce yourself
First of all, it's very important to introduce yourself. Without an good introduction, the player might not trust you and thus might not listen.

Teach them the rules
Second of all, you should teach them the rules, also reffer them to the rules section of the forum. Ofcourse you don't need to explain them all the rules, but explain them the most important rules. Like DM, MG, PG etc.. Also tell them thay cheating / hacking is not allowed on this server and that it's recommended to use the launcher.

Teach them the RolePlaying standards
Third step, teach them the RP standards. Teach them not only what IC / OOC is, but also give them an example of GOOD RP, and BAD RP.

Let them see the server and important locations (optional)
And finally, this is an optional step. You might want to ask if they want to see the hotspots of the server. Take them with you in a car or on a bike and drive around all hotspots, e.g. the cityhall.

*Everything should happen OOC, if they player doesn't know what OOC is or how to use it then you should explain them.

* You might also want to refer them to this collection of guides viewtopic.php?f=12&t=102131 it contains a bunch of useful guides.
Last edited by Tr0ll3r on November 27th, 2016, 11:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If you need any help, you can always contact me
- Retired From Retirement.

Mineral
Made man
Game name: Osvaldo_Maranzano, Neil_Glover, Kreighty_Simmons

Re: [Guide] How to introduce new players.

November 27th, 2016, 11:15 pm

all I do is
give a newbie 100k when they PM me
or Ill stop a trucker from doing trucker runs and give them a car or money
Conexión De La Muerte

Tr0ll3r
Associate

November 27th, 2016, 11:19 pm

Mineral wrote:all I do is
give a newbie 100k when they PM me
or Ill stop a trucker from doing trucker runs and give them a car or money
See, this is an bad example of introducing a new player. Thanks for the example Mineral.

Tranquilo
Soldier
Game name: Marciano_Pearce

You forgot telling them about the launcher & explaining more things about it

Darkel
Caporegime
Game name: Darkel_Rosenberg, Alvie_Sinclair, Amelia_Sinclair

Cute effort, thank's for sharing.
Spoiler
Everything in the world is either Tits or isn't Tits.

I believed in angels when i saw her Tits.

I scream you scream, we all scream for Tits cream!

Calm your tits, soothe your boobs, de-stress your breasts, give that chest a rest and hakuna your tatas!

Nipple nipple little star, can I fuck you in my car?
Up above your boobies so high, always milky never dry!
Let me press it, don't feel shy!
Open your panty, let me try?!

Tr0ll3r
Associate

November 27th, 2016, 11:25 pm

Tranquilo wrote:You forgot telling them about the launcher & explaining more things about it
It's not required to play with launcher, to play on IMRP thus it's only confusing for the player. They will understand it after some hours of playing..
willie wrote:viewtopic.php?f=12&t=102131
@getting started.
:)
Thanks, added it in this guide :)
Last edited by Tr0ll3r on November 27th, 2016, 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tranquilo
Soldier
Game name: Marciano_Pearce

November 27th, 2016, 11:34 pm

Tr0ll3r wrote:
Tranquilo wrote:You forgot telling them about the launcher & explaining more things about it
It's not required to play with launcher, to play on IMRP thus it's only confusing for the player. They will understand it after some hours of playing..
Its always better to recommend them using the launcher and actually letting them know that you can't use any cheats on this server, other than that the launcher is a safer way to play besides having the annoying launcher bugs. Back in 2012 some people that helped newcomers in IMRP recommended them to install and use the launcher. Just saying I would've tell them about the launcher.

Tr0ll3r
Associate

November 27th, 2016, 11:36 pm

Tranquilo wrote:
Tr0ll3r wrote:
Its always better to recommend them using the launcher and actually letting them know that you can't use any cheats on this server, other than that the launcher is a safer way to play besides having the annoying launcher bugs. Back in 2012 some people that helped newcomers in IMRP recommended them to install and use the launcher. Just saying I would've tell them about the launcher.
Added.

Return to “Outdated Guides”