There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
Whiskey
Consigliere
Game name: Mickey_Reagan, Tywin_Moore, Rashad_Davis

Whiskey's Mapping Guide [Texturing Objects Added]

August 15th, 2013, 3:29 pm

• DOWNLOADING
Map Editor is mainly used by advanced skilled mappers but anyone can get the hang of it with motivation.
Most people start mapping with the program Multi Theft Auto (MTA) but it doesn't give you exact accuracy when placing objects
and it doesn't provide every object released for SA-MP. When I was learning how to use Map Editor I didn't really get any help and
learned for myself which was extremely frustrating and I quit trying about three times until I turned top YouTube guides.
  • HOW TO INSTALL & GETTING STARTED
Video Guide by mattmejia321
List of objects on Map Editor, Click Here
  • HOW TO CREATE CUSTOM INTERIORS
Video Guide by mattmejia321
  • EXTRA HELP & TIPS
Imagination is a key part in mapping because it can be difficult to come out with a mapping idea unless planned.
Feel like mapping something but don't have the imagination to dosp ? Why not look at other interiors and exteriors from
other games such as Grand Theft Auto and/or Saints Row. You don't have to copy it to exact but take layout ideas etcetera.

Maybe you should take a look at my work for ideas or to see how I like to do things. All of my mappings have been interiors
mainly because they are my comfort zone in mapping - Whiskeys Mapping Showcase.

• TEXTURING OBJECTS
Video Guide by Eugene Prod. Texturing an object is basically changing whole or part of the desired object to another texture. I highly doubt you'll become an expert over night as it takes time and effort to correctly texture an object to perfect.

You will need the following things installed;
- Pawno, which can be downloaded here.
- TXD Workshop, which can be downloaded here.

Once you've finished your masterpiece mapping, you'll want to convert the objects and add them into any random pawno gamemode under "OnPlayerConnect". I advice you to give each object a laybol so you do not forget which objects you are texuring, "//laybol" at the end of each object/code. Now, lets start the re-texturing;
- You want to give the object(s) a name. It can be absolutely anything in the English dictionary. - You want to now add another code called "SetObjectMaterial". Pick an object you want to steal the texture from and double click to find it's info. You can use TXD Workshop and open the txdname and find the texture name, directly. SetObjectMaterial is the code for actually creating the texture aka material. You must 'steal' the texture you want from another sa-mp object and insert the correct information to replace the texture on your masterpiece objects.

Jakisha
Donator
Game name: Alessio_Swift

Re: Mapping Guide || Map Editor AKA Map Construction

August 15th, 2013, 4:42 pm

Nice guide. :)
Alessio Swift - RETIRED!

Whiskey
Consigliere

Re: Mapping Guide || Map Editor AKA Map Construction

August 15th, 2013, 5:53 pm

Thanks.

Whiskey
Consigliere

Re: Whiskey's Mapping Guide [Texturing Objects Added]

July 29th, 2015, 8:04 pm

I've updated the guide because of numerous requests on how to retexture objects.

It's pretty hard to explain and if you don't understand how after reading my guide, you should consider searching forums beyond our community; http://forum.sa-mp.com/

Whiskey
Consigliere

July 29th, 2015, 8:14 pm

do i laugh

Ruvik
Soldier
Game name: Ruvik_Victoriano, Pops_Pearce

July 29th, 2015, 8:18 pm

If you're good at something, never do it for free, hueheu.

Psykick
Enforcer
Game name: Elliot_Clare

July 29th, 2015, 8:19 pm

The video about 'how to create custom interiors' is private.

Al-Fayed
Outsider
Game name: Denov_Dracul

July 29th, 2015, 8:20 pm

Nothing special about amapping so you hide from people :D

Whiskey
Consigliere

Uday Hussein wrote:If you're good at something, never do it for free, hueheu.
well.. i got free interiors, free houses when map for woot huhu

Matheo
Enforcer
Game name: Tommen_Rockefeller

I have my own thing to map and re-texture I dont use what whiskey is explaing and sharing here so... dont ask me for help regarding something that i dont even use... because obviously if i dont know/use i cant tell you how it work.
Spoiler

Return to “Newbie Guides”