There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
Murican
Associate
Game name: Danny_Cooper, Steven_Lippi

Random FPS drops

January 19th, 2017, 1:44 am

okay ive asked this question before and I got shitty answers like "get new PC" well I finally took my laptop in and they cleaned dust out of the case and they went through and cleaned the system so I am running a freshly installed version of gta no mods and as you can see in the video I get these annoying ass lag spikes they are very inconvenient when I'm in a gunfight and I get one and in those 5 seconds or so I'm dead. so my question is, is there a fix for this, I am running windows 10. Ive made sure no antivirus is running during playing, ive tried setting priorty to real time, I have battery on high performance, I have done pretty much everything to make my computer have more power so I'm thinking it is something within samp that's causing this.

Specs: Intel I5-6200U 2.30ghz (2.40ghz)
Intel HD 520 graphics integrated
8gb of ram

ThaCrypte
Lead Administrator
Game name: Paul_Henderson

Re: Random FPS drops

January 19th, 2017, 3:31 am

Check ur temps. Could be overheating.

phone.
hehe

Murican
Associate

January 19th, 2017, 4:02 am

ThaCrypte wrote:Check ur temps. Could be overheating.

phone.
I thought that was an issue also but when I took my pc to the repair shop to get cleaned I thought maybe the thermal paste was bad and causing overheating, so the shop put my computer under a stress test for a few hours and they said it preformed perfectly. I can play CS:GO and APB Reloaded perfectly on average or above settings I don't think my hardware would be a problem.

Luigi Tattaglia
Retired Admin
Game name: Clint_Marshall, Luigi_Tattaglia

January 19th, 2017, 4:17 am

Do you have any streaming service running? Doesn't need to be streaming.

Murican
Associate

January 19th, 2017, 4:28 am

Luigi Tattaglia wrote:Do you have any streaming service running? Doesn't need to be streaming.
what do you mean by streaming service?

Luigi Tattaglia
Retired Admin

January 19th, 2017, 4:33 am

Murican wrote:
Luigi Tattaglia wrote:Do you have any streaming service running? Doesn't need to be streaming.
Programs that let you stream.

R0M4N
Soldier
Game name: Frank_Roman, Roman_Volkov, Adam_Deville

January 19th, 2017, 4:39 am

Antivirus updating virus database, windows updates, youtube video loading, download, all of this can get fps to drop randomly, check and reply back.

vens
Soldier
Game name: Vincent_Pearce, Sai_Tzu

January 19th, 2017, 5:03 am

Since you are on windows 10 - make sure the xbox app is not recording. Click on the xbox app in your start menu, go to settings and look for the Game DVR tab. It should be off
FREE ORKA

Murican
Associate

January 19th, 2017, 5:17 am

Murican wrote:
I do not have any
R0M4N wrote:Antivirus updating virus database, windows updates, youtube video loading, download, all of this can get fps to drop randomly, check and reply back.
I checked all of that my anti virus I always disable and close out when playing games.
vens wrote:Since you are on windows 10 - make sure the xbox app is not recording. Click on the xbox app in your start menu, go to settings and look for the Game DVR tab. It should be off
I found the xbox app but it wants me to sign in and I don't have an xbox account on my task manager details it dosent say anything about it.

Whats the best way to see if your drivers are out of date?

Luigi Tattaglia
Retired Admin

January 19th, 2017, 5:19 am

Try to set the gta_sa.exe affinity to one CPU thorugh the task manager @ details.

R0M4N
Soldier
Game name: Frank_Roman, Roman_Volkov, Adam_Deville

January 19th, 2017, 5:46 am

ok look from where I see this it's either your laptop is getting overheated you should check the CPU fan for this, if not it's probably that you are using wifi connection, if not just try to open the command prompt type ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew check the difference and get back to me.

Murican
Associate

January 19th, 2017, 6:51 am

Luigi Tattaglia wrote:Try to set the gta_sa.exe affinity to one CPU thorugh the task manager @ details.
Tested it on all CPU's and there was no improvement
R0M4N wrote:ok look from where I see this it's either your laptop is getting overheated you should check the CPU fan for this, if not it's probably that you are using wifi connection, if not just try to open the command prompt type ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew check the difference and get back to me.
My cooling on my PC is in 100% working order it was just in a shop getting looked at and they said it works perfect, I don't quite under stand how the command prompt idea you have works I got the ipconfig to come up but idk what to do from there, can internet connection cause that to happen I figured it was more of a fps issue

RoGuE
Made man
Game name: Denver_Callahan

January 19th, 2017, 3:17 pm

No mods, No viruses, No newly installed programs I guess.
One problem affect the game speed is airflow underneath. Use a cooling pad or use two blocks of woods/ plastics. It will cooldown your laptop. It's OK if you're keeping it on your lap. It will increase airflow.

Or, open sa-mp.cfg ( in your documents )
And edit this in a notepad,

multicore=0
To
multicore=1

And turn off the programs you don't need.

NULL
Enforcer
Game name: Rocco_Corzetti

January 19th, 2017, 3:24 pm

Disable all /toghuds (e.g) /toghud time, /toghud location, /toghud vehicle, /toghud ads) this increases FPS and lowers the ability of giving FPS drops.

RoGuE
Made man

January 19th, 2017, 6:30 pm

RoccoVDB wrote:Disable all /toghuds (e.g) /toghud time, /toghud location, /toghud vehicle, /toghud ads) this increases FPS and lowers the ability of giving FPS drops.
The problem is how can he play without hud. Ad bar is ok but other hud... :?:
If it ( the solution I told before ) is not helping. Can you tell us that you've used the same GTA copy that you used in your old PC ?

Snoozy
Consigliere
Game name: Santino_Capazzo

January 19th, 2017, 6:44 pm

I had the same problem. Re-install your GTA and it will be fixed automatically once XDD

Murican
Associate

January 20th, 2017, 3:50 am

RoGuE wrote:No mods, No viruses, No newly installed programs I guess.
One problem affect the game speed is airflow underneath. Use a cooling pad or use two blocks of woods/ plastics. It will cooldown your laptop. It's OK if you're keeping it on your lap. It will increase airflow.

Or, open sa-mp.cfg ( in your documents )
And edit this in a notepad,

multicore=0
To
multicore=1

And turn off the programs you don't need.
I tried the multicore thing and no go I have a cooling pad on at all times also
Snoozy wrote:I had the same problem. Re-install your GTA and it will be fixed automatically once XDD
just tired and its a no go.

resickh
Outsider

January 20th, 2017, 10:22 am

I had the same problem,i couldn't fix it. Unfortunately i had to buy a new pc.
It’s better to die on your feet than to live on your knees bitches.

RoGuE
Made man

January 20th, 2017, 1:18 pm

Same GTA copy you used in your old PC ? If yes, that can be the issue here. Then you should try a new copy of GTA. Update it. Make sure no mods, no background programs.
Can you post a screenshot of your Task Manager while you're playing SA-MP?

Vinnipuh
Donator
Game name: Paulie_Salerno

January 20th, 2017, 3:26 pm

Try to lower your draw distance settings, after seeing your video your game freezes because it loads the objects and other stuff > basically your graphic card is garbage and afaik it's impossible to change graphic card on a laptop, in mine at least.
Paulie_Reagan 472 116 4.069

Murican
Associate

January 21st, 2017, 6:22 am

RoGuE wrote:Same GTA copy you used in your old PC ? If yes, that can be the issue here. Then you should try a new copy of GTA. Update it. Make sure no mods, no background programs.
Can you post a screenshot of your Task Manager while you're playing SA-MP?
I reinstalled gta multiple times.
Vinnipuh wrote:Try to lower your draw distance settings, after seeing your video your game freezes because it loads the objects and other stuff > basically your graphic card is garbage and afaik it's impossible to change graphic card on a laptop, in mine at least.
draw distance is all the way down, I play at lowest settings even tried it on 800x600 which is like unplayable and still get lag. I seen people using my video card and processor set up managing bf3 on lowest settings and its low af fps but still playable so I think I can handle a game from the early 2000's.

RoGuE
Made man

January 21st, 2017, 6:42 am

I meant, Are you using the same GTA copy you used in your old Laptop / Desktop ? or Did you download a new copy of GTA for your new laptop?

Murican
Associate

January 21st, 2017, 7:29 am

RoGuE wrote:I meant, Are you using the same GTA copy you used in your old Laptop / Desktop ? or Did you download a new copy of GTA for your new laptop?
I downloaded a new copy

Eduardo
Made man
Game name: Victor_Makarov, Patrick_McGuigan

January 21st, 2017, 1:17 pm

Integrated graphics card is the problem. Integrated graphic cards suck, does not matter how good CPU or how much RAM you have, if you have an integrated graphic card, you can't enjoy 60 FPS gameplay..

Murican
Associate

January 22nd, 2017, 1:25 am

Wats the best way to update graphic drivers

RoGuE
Made man

January 22nd, 2017, 3:48 am

Open Control Panal > Device Managers
Expand Display Adapters and right click on Intel device and select Update Driver Software..

or You can download manually here ( Not an illegal software )

vens
Soldier
Game name: Vincent_Pearce, Sai_Tzu

January 22nd, 2017, 4:49 am

Are you able to increase/decrease the volt on your CPU? Should be in the bios not sure if your PC supports it but you should google it. And watch some videos on youtube before you attempt to change the voltage. It might not be getting enough power for some reason, or the other way around.

It seems it is hardware related since you've reinstalled windows and whatnot.
FREE ORKA

Murican
Associate

January 22nd, 2017, 8:05 pm

I don't get how this can be cause my hardware is shitty I have a shitty old pc that gets like 30-35 fps and it doesn't spike, this one gets 98 all the time it just spikes

RoGuE
Made man

January 25th, 2017, 5:06 pm

I think you've tried everything you can do.
But try these two guides again...
One way to boost your FPS - credits frozen
[Solution] How to increase FPS and Performance - credits RoGuE

And what is your packet loss

Reply please

Murican
Associate

January 26th, 2017, 5:21 am

i already the above my game runs perfect on single player not an ounce of lag but any server has the same issue ive optimized my pc to get max performance I think its a samp issue

Return to “Answered”