There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
Coke
Caporegime
Game name: Christopher_Coke, Richard_Graham

[ANSWERED] THIS GPU any good?

January 17th, 2017, 9:02 pm

this is the corerewct

Last edited by Coke on January 20th, 2017, 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SuiCxDe
Radio DJ
Game name: Lewis_Turner, Neal_Caffry

Re: THIS GPU any good?

January 17th, 2017, 9:08 pm

titan x is the best ever hheehe
The 98's MC
Vice President
Lewis|Turner

vens
Soldier
Game name: Vincent_Pearce, Sai_Tzu

January 17th, 2017, 9:25 pm

mate that is not a GPU, it is a backplate for a GPU.
FREE ORKA

SuiCxDe
Radio DJ
Game name: Lewis_Turner, Neal_Caffry

January 17th, 2017, 9:33 pm

yeah.And why are you asking about GPUs by posting a backplate?
if you are asking about the best gpu of the mentioned ones titan x is the best
The 98's MC
Vice President
Lewis|Turner

PaC
Soldier
Game name: Ramires_DeMarco, Quinn_Miller, Ramirez_DeMarco

January 17th, 2017, 9:35 pm

From my experience with GPU's I know the following;

AMD's tend to have a few heating problems here and there therefore I woudn't really recommend it. I am not aware of the other disadvantages but I know that they are really good for the price.

When it comes to NVIDIA, here's how things are currently standing;

If you're planning to do your regular gaming (playing games such as GTA V, Rust, H1Z1, Overwatch, CSGO and all the modern games) in 1080p HIGH settings 60FPS+ without a problem, 1070 is the way to go. However, when it comes to 4k gaming, the 1070 will choke a little and may not be able to run the games on the highest settings. The only difference between the 1080 and the 1070 is that the 1080 supports 4k gaming on high settings where-as 1070 supports gaming up to 2k on high settings.

In my opinion, I would say just go for the 1070 because it's the best for its price range. You won't need to upgrade for at least 4-5 years depending on the games you are playing. This GPU ensures high FPS and good performance for the price-range.

Coke
Caporegime

January 17th, 2017, 9:37 pm

posted the wrong one

PaC
Soldier
Game name: Ramires_DeMarco, Quinn_Miller, Ramirez_DeMarco

January 17th, 2017, 9:38 pm

1050 has a base clock of 1354 MHz with a boost clock of 1455 MHz.
IF you're planning on playing SAMP and CSGO you won't need more than this.
I thought you want to do your modern gaming.

ThaCrypte
Lead Administrator
Game name: Paul_Henderson

January 17th, 2017, 10:50 pm

Buy RX480 8gb for 300, it's > 1050 and in most titles even beats the 1060.

or wait for Vega.

Also make sure your PSU can handle the wattages the card requires. That was my first mistake when i bought my first gpu.

pac wrote: In my opinion, I would say just go for the 1070 because it's the best for its price range. You won't need to upgrade for at least 4-5 years depending on the games you are playing. This GPU ensures high FPS and good performance for the price-range.
Take into consideration that NVIDEA is known for disbandoning older gpu's with driver updates, wheras AMD tries their best to keep all cards up-to-date.

pac wrote:AMD's tend to have a few heating problems here and there therefore I woudn't really recommend it. I am not aware of the other disadvantages but I know that they are really good for the price.
That's incorrect. My RX480 8gb runs at 71 degrees under FULL LOAD. The only thing that tends to overheat is my cpu, hitting 69 degrees under full load. But that's due to bad airflow in my case (the card takes up a lot of space that makes it almost impossible for me to do cable management right now. New one will be bought in a 1-2 months)

The only MAJOR disadvantage that AMD has is it's power consumption.
Last edited by ThaCrypte on January 17th, 2017, 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hehe

frozen
Retired Admin
Game name: Enzo_DiPietro

January 17th, 2017, 10:56 pm

ThaCrypte wrote:Buy RX480 8gb for 300, it's > 1050 and in most titles even beats the 1060.

or wait for Vega.

Also make sure your PSU can handle the wattages the card requires. That was my first mistake when i bought my first gpu.

vens
Soldier

January 17th, 2017, 10:56 pm

250 dollars for 1050ti? that is expensive af mate.

It will do perfect for ur needs just saying that is a lot for that card you should probably try and find something more local
FREE ORKA

ThaCrypte
Lead Administrator

January 17th, 2017, 10:59 pm

vens wrote:250 dollars for 1050ti? that is expensive af mate.

It will do perfect for ur needs just saying that is a lot for that card you should probably try and find something more local
exactly,

I bought my RX480 for 300e, that included shipping and got me a free game lol.

Try to search for local hardware stores, or regional hardware sites.
hehe

Resick
Soldier
Game name: Resick_Falzetta

January 17th, 2017, 11:36 pm

PaC wrote:1050 has a base clock of 1354 MHz with a boost clock of 1455 MHz.
lool obv he wont be struggling even with modern games with a 1050ti lol what are you saying?

frozen
Retired Admin
Game name: Enzo_DiPietro

January 17th, 2017, 11:38 pm

Resick wrote:
PaC wrote:1050 has a base clock of 1354 MHz with a boost clock of 1455 MHz.
lool obv he wont be struggling even with modern games with a 1050ti lol what are you saying?
He's talking about playing on High Settings.

BCool
Donator
Game name: Flavio_Ferrari

January 18th, 2017, 12:01 am

PaC wrote:From my experience with GPU's I know the following;

AMD's tend to have a few heating problems here and there therefore I woudn't really recommend it. I am not aware of the other disadvantages but I know that they are really good for the price.

When it comes to NVIDIA, here's how things are currently standing;

If you're planning to do your regular gaming (playing games such as GTA V, Rust, H1Z1, Overwatch, CSGO and all the modern games) in 1080p HIGH settings 60FPS+ without a problem, 1070 is the way to go. However, when it comes to 4k gaming, the 1070 will choke a little and may not be able to run the games on the highest settings. The only difference between the 1080 and the 1070 is that the 1080 supports 4k gaming on high settings where-as 1070 supports gaming up to 2k on high settings.

In my opinion, I would say just go for the 1070 because it's the best for its price range. You won't need to upgrade for at least 4-5 years depending on the games you are playing. This GPU ensures high FPS and good performance for the price-range.
I play on 1080p HIGH GTA V with 750 TI on 80FPS :?:
ThaCrypte wrote: exactly,

Hey some of us are NVIDIA fanboys :lol:

ThaCrypte
Lead Administrator

January 18th, 2017, 12:07 am

BCool wrote:

Well, some people like their monopoly. At least AMD does what's best for their customers, rather than updating their drivers in a way after 3 years that breaks older cards xDDDDD
hehe

BCool
Donator
Game name: Flavio_Ferrari

January 18th, 2017, 12:10 am

ThaCrypte wrote:
BCool wrote:

Well, some people like their monopoly. At least AMD does what's best for their customers, rather than updating their drivers in a way after 3 years that breaks older cards xDDDDD
Well, they really fuck up with drivers sometimes, I updated my NVIDIA driver some months ago and it started lagging in games, downgraded to previous one and it worked fluently again.

tisler
Consigliere
Game name: Tommy_Caesar

January 18th, 2017, 12:13 am

ThaCrypte wrote:
BCool wrote:

yeah xD

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/3 ... peed_when/
20:50 - tisler: come ig lets farm heroin
20:51 - Andyy: no i got beated
20:51 - Andyy: irl

the 2 guys i like, donald and tisler, since they;re are worst enemies (ic) t0 in factions, yet they still friends and joking with eachother, peace

Suggestion: Driveable Skull

It's same as chocolate, there's a chocolate that you really like but if they change the taste of it will you buy it? I guess not. There are so many chocolate (servers) out ther

ThaCrypte
Lead Administrator

January 18th, 2017, 12:18 am

tisler wrote:
ThaCrypte wrote:
BCool wrote:

yeah xD

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/3 ... peed_when/
That was 1 fuckup, Nvidea had more. But often they also stop supporting older GPU's, where AMD doesn't.

I can still play newer titles on my old HD6670 on lowest settings, now take a NVIDEA card with the same specs and try. I doubt you'll even be able to boot the game xDDD

Also sapphire gives great warranty. If my gpu fan breaks, I can just snap it out, call sapphire support and get a new one for free.
hehe

tisler
Consigliere

January 18th, 2017, 12:24 am

Your head is wayyyy too deep inside AMD's ass. I've bought AMD products for years but you can't compare Nvidia at all when you bring the titan x or processors into the discussion.

Nvidia is a bunch of dicks (due to paying companies to boycott amd), but do their work at a far better progress rate and more efficiently, which can't be compared much to AMD.

the 2 guys i like, donald and tisler, since they;re are worst enemies (ic) t0 in factions, yet they still friends and joking with eachother, peace

It's same as chocolate, there's a chocolate that you really like but if they change the taste of it will you buy it? I guess not. There are so many chocolate (servers) out ther

ThaCrypte
Lead Administrator

January 18th, 2017, 12:35 am

tisler wrote:Your head is wayyyy too deep inside AMD's ass. I've bought AMD products for years but you can't compare Nvidia at all when you bring the titan x or processors into the discussion.

Nvidia is a bunch of dicks (due to paying companies to boycott amd), but do their work at a far better progress rate and more efficiently, which can't be compared much to AMD.
Ryzen and Vega.
Vega killing gtx1080
Ryzen = 6900k with lower wattage.
Also Nvidea doesn't make processors?

+ The titans ain't really consumer grade gpu's lol. I rather crossfire 2 RX480's than buying 1 titan X
hehe

Donald
Faction Leader
Game name: Donald_Capazzo

January 18th, 2017, 12:39 am

tisler wrote:Your head is wayyyy too deep inside AMD's ass. I've bought AMD products for years but you can't compare Nvidia at all when you bring the titan x or processors into the discussion.

your head is way too deep inside my dick

RVSH TO YOVR DEATH

Timmy
Enforcer
Game name: Timmy_Pearce

January 18th, 2017, 12:40 am

Tbh, it all comes down to personal preference, I've got a 1060, and it runs modern games at ultra/high at 1080p, also, I find that Nvidia has better software coming with their GPU's. I.e Shadowplay and Geforce Experience, I can optimize my games from the Geforce Experience and it'll run fine.

tisler
Consigliere

January 18th, 2017, 12:45 am

ThaCrypte wrote:

Ryzen and Vega.
Vega killing gtx1080
Ryzen = 6900k with lower wattage.
Also Nvidea doesn't make processors?

+ The titans ain't really consumer grade gpu's lol. I rather crossfire 2 RX480's than buying 1 titan X
gtx 1080 was launcher in may, ryzen/vega aint even released their official benchmarks yet, why are we even discussing this
yeah, no processors, i'm sleepy
Donaldinho wrote:your head is way too deep inside my dick
love yuo too littel vikinginho

ThaCrypte
Lead Administrator

January 18th, 2017, 12:48 am

Amd released doom benchmark. Google and ull find 1000 vids.

phone.
hehe

ThaCrypte
Lead Administrator

January 18th, 2017, 12:49 am

Jackkk wrote:Tbh, it all comes down to personal preference, I've got a 1060, and it runs modern games at ultra/high at 1080p, also, I find that Nvidia has better software coming with their GPU's. I.e Shadowplay and Geforce Experience, I can optimize my games from the Geforce Experience and it'll run fine.
Amd has the same but amd has ReLive and.... forgot the other.

phone.
hehe

Timmy
Enforcer

January 18th, 2017, 12:52 am

ThaCrypte wrote:
Jackkk wrote:Tbh, it all comes down to personal preference, I've got a 1060, and it runs modern games at ultra/high at 1080p, also, I find that Nvidia has better software coming with their GPU's. I.e Shadowplay and Geforce Experience, I can optimize my games from the Geforce Experience and it'll run fine.
Amd has the same but amd has ReLive and.... forgot the other.

phone.
Again, its down to personal preference, My friend had alot of troubles with his AMD GPU, like games would crash, run poorly, but when I gave him my old 750ti, they ran fine, but again thats my experience with AMD GPU's, you might have a better one.

Coke
Caporegime

January 18th, 2017, 2:57 am

Is it true that some AMD components can match up to Intel but cheaper?

ThaCrypte
Lead Administrator

January 18th, 2017, 3:13 am

Coke wrote:Is it true that some AMD components can match up to Intel but cheaper?
Yes. Look up their new ryzen cpus.

phone.
hehe

vens
Soldier

January 18th, 2017, 3:47 am

Coke wrote:Is it true that some AMD components can match up to Intel but cheaper?
At the moment no. Ryzen/Vega has no benchmarks released and looking at AMD the past 10 years it won't be anything special either. Their FX series (gaming lineup) is a complete joke, you'd probably actually be better of with a newer i3. Their GPus are not terrible though.
FREE ORKA

Timmy
Enforcer

January 18th, 2017, 6:51 am

^^ I learnt about the FX Series the hardway.

Return to “Answered”