There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
There are currently 3 active property auctions. View Active Auctions
Amanda
Trial Administrator
Game name: Amanda_Jansen, Amanda_Benzer

Problem with monitors.

March 11th, 2017, 1:03 pm

I have been using a HP 2309v and a DELL 2009W for a long time (those 2 are connected with DVI in my graphic card) - WORKS

I had a old 19 inch Philips 190SW standing next to me for a quite while, and now i wanted to start to use that one aswell, i connected that one via VGA in my motherboard, i get a message that it has no video input on it.

the issue is that i dont have any VGA in my graphic card, neither any converter to HDMI, the DVI converters i have at home has 4 extra pins in them (and i dont have any holes for them in my motherboard)

i have been trying to look in BIOS, without finding a way to enable the motherboard VGA

the graphic card dont have any VGA connection.

any other solutions than try to find an and forgotten old graphic card? (to lazy)

-
one more thing: i don't want to buy anything, becouse my HP monitor are 10 years old and can die any day, i rather buy 2 new monitors if that happens
Rest in Peace S.D.C. 2016-10-24
Hall of fame.
'T1 LSPD
T1 SDC
T0 SDC
Server Helper

tisler
Consigliere
Game name: Tommy_Caesar

Re: Problem with monitors.

March 11th, 2017, 1:18 pm

Connect the VGA of the motherboard to the monitor and enable onboard video from BIOS.
20:50 - tisler: come ig lets farm heroin
20:51 - Andyy: no i got beated
20:51 - Andyy: irl

the 2 guys i like, donald and tisler, since they;re are worst enemies (ic) t0 in factions, yet they still friends and joking with eachother, peace

Suggestion: Driveable Skull

It's same as chocolate, there's a chocolate that you really like but if they change the taste of it will you buy it? I guess not. There are so many chocolate (servers) out ther

R0M4N
Soldier
Game name: Frank_Roman, Roman_Volkov, Adam_Deville

March 11th, 2017, 1:20 pm

just remove the graphic card and plug the other screen to VGA, redneck it should work automatically. 8-)

tisler
Consigliere

March 11th, 2017, 1:21 pm

R0M4N wrote:just remove the graphic card and plug the other screen to VGA, redneck it should work automatically. 8-)
ok frank roman

how is he going to connect 3 monitors then

the 2 guys i like, donald and tisler, since they;re are worst enemies (ic) t0 in factions, yet they still friends and joking with eachother, peace

It's same as chocolate, there's a chocolate that you really like but if they change the taste of it will you buy it? I guess not. There are so many chocolate (servers) out ther

Amanda
Trial Administrator

March 11th, 2017, 1:23 pm

R0M4N wrote:just remove the graphic card and plug the other screen to VGA, redneck it should work automatically. 8-)
remove a graphic card for 400e to use 1 monitor on motherboard, best solution 10/10 will use
Hall of fame.
'T1 LSPD
T1 SDC
T0 SDC
Server Helper

Amanda
Trial Administrator

March 11th, 2017, 1:25 pm

tisler wrote:Connect the VGA of the motherboard to the monitor and enable onboard video from BIOS.
might be blind as fuck, but i didnt saw any way to do so, i was there and looked, will look again
Hall of fame.
'T1 LSPD
T1 SDC
T0 SDC
Server Helper

R0M4N
Soldier
Game name: Frank_Roman, Roman_Volkov, Adam_Deville

March 11th, 2017, 1:52 pm

tisler wrote:
ok frank roman

I didn't notice that he wants to connect three monitors in the same time Tommy Caesar you Cunt! :P

ok redneck, first of all, it's impossible to run both the VGA slot on the motherboard and the graphic card at the same time, so if you also don't want to buy anything you won't be able to connect the third one sorry but no solution what so ever mate you will have to live with the two monitors.
:(

Amanda
Trial Administrator

March 11th, 2017, 2:12 pm

R0M4N wrote:
tisler wrote:
ok frank roman

I didn't notice that he wants to connect three monitors in the same time Tommy Caesar you Cunt! :P

ok redneck, first of all, it's impossible to run both the VGA slot on the motherboard and the graphic card at the same time, so if you also don't want to buy anything you won't be able to connect the third one sorry but no solution what so ever mate you will have to live with the two monitors.
:(

thought so.... thanks

leaving the thread open until tonight incase someone knows another sollution
Hall of fame.
'T1 LSPD
T1 SDC
T0 SDC
Server Helper

tisler
Consigliere

March 11th, 2017, 2:12 pm

Amanda wrote:
tisler wrote:Connect the VGA of the motherboard to the monitor and enable onboard video from BIOS.
might be blind as fuck, but i didnt saw any way to do so, i was there and looked, will look again
what's your mobo

Amanda
Trial Administrator

March 11th, 2017, 2:16 pm

tisler wrote:
Amanda wrote:
what's your mobo
can give full spec (someone will ask sooner or later anyways)

Motherboard: Asus Z87-A
CPU: i5-4670k
Ram:16gb carsair venegace
Graphiccard: GTX 970 strix
(i have a GTX 560 that i could try to put in in another pci express to run the 3rd monitor, but i was to lazy to unpack it, so i asked for a solution to use the motherboard instead)
Hall of fame.
'T1 LSPD
T1 SDC
T0 SDC
Server Helper

CorNer
Enforcer
Game name: Samuel_Scotto, Frank_DaSilva

March 11th, 2017, 2:22 pm

Buy a Multi-Display Adapter for it maybe?
its not that expensive.

PaC
Soldier
Game name: Ramires_DeMarco, Quinn_Miller, Ramirez_DeMarco

March 11th, 2017, 3:07 pm

It simply can be your GPU not being able to support it.

Amanda
Trial Administrator

March 11th, 2017, 3:42 pm

PaC wrote:It simply can be your GPU not being able to support it.
i got it to work when i put in that 560 now, the problem is that the monitors went full retard and the craphic cards didnt understood which slot had which monitor, so they kept blinking, now i put in some ATI card i found, and its still same, the monitor arent getting signal, installing driver for it now updating after
Hall of fame.
'T1 LSPD
T1 SDC
T0 SDC
Server Helper

Amanda
Trial Administrator

March 11th, 2017, 4:01 pm

now its working

i have 2 monitors on my nvidia card and one monitor on my ATI card, its diffrent drivers on a ATI and a Nvidia card (so they dont distrub eachother like they did when i had 2 nvidia cards.

thanks.
Hall of fame.
'T1 LSPD
T1 SDC
T0 SDC
Server Helper

Italy Mafia RP
Community bot!
Game name: SERVER

March 11th, 2017, 4:02 pm

The question has been answered!
If you still want to discuss this matter, please contact a moderator and ask for the thread to be re-opened!
Community bot.

Return to “Answered”