There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
Fatty
SA Police Department
Game name: Nicholas_Dalapego

Need to know if im able to use Intel I5- gen 2 ( currently have AMD A8-5500)

June 1st, 2020, 9:45 pm

Okay so basiclly i want to change my computers processor but i dont know what to look out before buying one, i want to buy intel i5 gen 2 since that would be perfect for the game im looking to play but currently im running on AMD A8-5500 4 CPU's and i need some help to know if my motherboard its able to accept Intel i5 or not , help me out ill provide informations required because i have no idea what to post here rn tbh

Resick
Soldier
Game name: Resick_Falzetta

Re: Need to know if im able to use Intel I5- gen 2 ( currently have AMD A8-5500)

June 1st, 2020, 10:03 pm

Nope. You'll need a new motherboard with that change. You need a motherboard with a LGA1155 socket.

But don't think you're gonna gain much of a performance jump going from a a8-5500 to a 2nd gen intel

Fatty
SA Police Department
Game name: Nicholas_Dalapego

Re: Need to know if im able to use Intel I5- gen 2 ( currently have AMD A8-5500)

June 1st, 2020, 11:26 pm

Lets say i bought a motherboard which has LGA1155 socket , and buy aswell intel i5 , will i be able to like change my graphic card from this motherboard to the new one without any issues
same question goes for RAM and the hard-drivers

Resick
Soldier
Game name: Resick_Falzetta

June 1st, 2020, 11:34 pm

Fatty wrote:
Lets say i bought a motherboard which has LGA1155 socket , and buy aswell intel i5 , will i be able to like change my graphic card from this motherboard to the new one without any issues
Yes you can change these no problem. RAM might be a bit tricky but it's highly unlikely, so you'll be fine either way.

PaC
Soldier
Game name: Ramires_DeMarco, Quinn_Miller, Ramirez_DeMarco

June 4th, 2020, 3:58 pm

Fatty wrote:
Depends. What GPU do you have and what processor do you wanna get? Check to see if the system won’t bottleneck.

Moretz
Server Helper
Game name: Peter_Marsico, Jack_Peshki

June 4th, 2020, 7:21 pm

This thread has now been archived.
#Cipriani #Montiglio #Tisci #Farace #SHB #Marsico
Memento Mori

Return to “Answered”