There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
Niky
Soldier
Game name: Nikki_Conard

Lost connection to the server...

September 1st, 2020, 8:33 pm

Well basically, after acquiring a completely new Wifi adapter and entirely reinstalling my windows along with the GTA I now face a new problem. When I log in to IMRP or any other server from the SA-MP list I'm able to play for about one good minute before my connection stops (?) and I get kicked from the server with the message "Lost connection to the server"..."Reconnecting". I've made sure it's not the network drivers or firewall/antivirus that blocks the connection. Pages such as this and others work just fine. After running the troubleshoot on the network I was issued with an error saying "The default gateway is not available", and upon running the fix it apparently "fixed" it, but that's only for web pages. I still have the same results whenever I log, I play for a minute and it reconnects going on in a loop. I can't figure out what's wrong since I have literally tried everything from flushing DNS/resetting netshp with cmd prompt to switching my internet supply on and off. Help plss
Nikki Conard
Tzar Mikhail Kashkaev
Don Nicholas Corleone
Don Nicholas Paterno
Don Miguel Stracci

TheCowboy
Enforcer
Game name: Lance_Burke, Dawn_Fuentes

Re: Lost connection to the server...

September 4th, 2020, 12:46 am

I believe the issue is that your router assigns the local IP to your old network card's MAC address, hence, when it tries to figure where the packets incoming from the outside need to go, it tries to look for the old address, eventually timing out and dropping the packets- - > packet loss increases - - > you lose connectivity to the server.

Try to login into your router configuration page by typing 192.168.0.1 in a browser and then reset the ip table / rules. After rebooting the router it should automatically ping all listening devices and assign the correct addresses.

Piyush
Donator
Game name: Marcus_Cavallaro, Alfredo_Johnson

September 4th, 2020, 1:44 pm

I was facing same issue.. You will have to play with LAN cable or play with VPN. I am currently playing with VPN because of that -. -

Mosquito
Made man
Game name: Salazar_Gotzone, Eli_Massalsky

September 4th, 2020, 2:20 pm

advanced network adapter options ...?
Screenshot the advanced settings and send it over, i'll have a look

Niky
Soldier
Game name: Nikki_Conard

September 4th, 2020, 3:24 pm

Nah it's actually drivers issue. For example some particular manufacturers produce two different types of adapters but they classify their drivers online under the same name (eg. 802.11n USB Adapter). And if you're not properly informed and do not own the original copy of the drivers you will end up installing the wrong ones which in the end simply malfunction with your device. Happened to me eh, anw archive this. Piyush contact me on DC and I'll have a look for the drivers if u want
Nikki Conard
Tzar Mikhail Kashkaev
Don Nicholas Corleone
Don Nicholas Paterno
Don Miguel Stracci

2WICE
SASF Member
Game name: Johnny_Butcher

September 10th, 2020, 10:41 pm

TheCowboy wrote:
September 4th, 2020, 12:46 am
I believe the issue is that your router assigns the local IP to your old network card's MAC address, hence, when it tries to figure where the packets incoming from the outside need to go, it tries to look for the old address, eventually timing out and dropping the packets- - > packet loss increases - - > you lose connectivity to the server.

Try to login into your router configuration page by typing 192.168.0.1 in a browser and then reset the ip table / rules. After rebooting the router it should automatically ping all listening devices and assign the correct addresses.
Follow what he said, its exactly true
sapd

Ralph_
Donator
Game name: Ralph_Toretto, Raphael_TinToretto

September 10th, 2020, 10:55 pm

Niky wrote:
September 4th, 2020, 3:24 pm
-..anw archive this-..
Closed.
Don’t let your mouth write a cheque that your ass can’t cash.

Ralph_
Donator
Game name: Ralph_Toretto, Raphael_TinToretto

September 10th, 2020, 10:55 pm

This thread is now archived.
Don’t let your mouth write a cheque that your ass can’t cash.

Return to “Answered”