There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
Sneaky
Associate
Game name: Samuel_Farace

aoc monitor not compatible with 144hz

October 10th, 2021, 6:14 pm

I've recently changed the display port cable on my PC, my monitor is 144hz and for some reason I can't run it on 144hz as it shows 100 hz maximum.
Can anyone help me with this one? I've tried changing the cables but doesn't seem to fix the problem. Can it be sort of a monitor problem or is there a specific cable I should get instead?
Thank you.

Resick
Soldier
Game name: Resick_Falzetta

Re: aoc monitor not compatible with 144hz

October 10th, 2021, 6:38 pm

It seems like your display drivers are messed up. Make sure you've updated them, and if you're on the latest version you might wanna roll back, use an older version just to see if it works. Make sure you get the drivers from AOC official's website.

https://eu.aoc.com/en/gaming/products/m ... /downloads

Also, I see you're not using HDMI so you might wanna check if your DisplayPort cable supports up to 144hz otherwise you might wanna switch to an HDMI cable.
Last edited by Resick on October 10th, 2021, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tinaheshin
Outsider

October 10th, 2021, 6:50 pm

Resick wrote:
October 10th, 2021, 6:38 pm
It seems like your display drivers are messed up. Make sure you've updated them, and if you're on the latest version you might wanna roll back, use an older version just to see if it works. Make sure you get the drivers from AOC official's website.

https://eu.aoc.com/en/gaming/products/m ... /downloads

Also, I see you're not using HDMI so you might wanna check if your DisplayPort cable supports up to 144hz otherwise you might wanna switch to an HDMI cable.
its the cable afaik like resick said

Biker
Basic Administrator
Game name: Stanley_Pearce

October 20th, 2021, 10:13 pm

Update?

Biker
Basic Administrator
Game name: Stanley_Pearce

October 22nd, 2021, 4:27 pm