There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
Browser
Donator
Game name: Steven_Gallagher

Re: Italy Mafia - November Update

December 3rd, 2016, 11:19 am

Maybe giftbox will launch tomorrow or monday!

K3
Retired Admin
Game name: Sarah_Kelroy, Marco_Barese

December 3rd, 2016, 11:28 am

Holy shit, this thread has a lot of analphabetic idiots.

jek
Underboss
Game name: Mike_Alphonso

December 3rd, 2016, 12:12 pm

Chesterfield wrote:
Noylan wrote:
Pop wrote:People it's not like woot has any interes to turn the Server to annoying one, if it would be easy to change he would do that I guess.
Yeh its annoying but u cant repeat the same shit 10 times.
ye but if its fixable why not
Please try to understand that it doesn't really make a difference when the server is either located in europe or in Canada, cuz everybody except the people who live close to the server host which is a small minority gets a higher ping, now since everybody got a higher ping it shouldn't make any difference. It only takes a little bit more time to register your shot but it shouldn't cause missing them. What's causing the missing shots is either your aim or the bad sync in gta sa.
No.

Chesterfield
Soldier
Game name: Bradley_Austin, Alberto_DiCapo

December 3rd, 2016, 12:14 pm

jek wrote:
Chesterfield wrote:
Noylan wrote:
Pop wrote:People it's not like woot has any interes to turn the Server to annoying one, if it would be easy to change he would do that I guess.
Please try to understand that it doesn't really make a difference when the server is either located in europe or in Canada, cuz everybody except the people who live close to the server host which is a small minority gets a higher ping, now since everybody got a higher ping it shouldn't make any difference. It only takes a little bit more time to register your shot but it shouldn't cause missing them. What's causing the missing shots is either your aim or the bad sync in gta sa.
No.
Yes.

frozen
Retired Admin
Game name: Enzo_DiPietro

December 3rd, 2016, 12:15 pm

jek wrote:
Chesterfield wrote:
Noylan wrote:
No.
Then let's move server to the moon?

vans
Donator
Game name: Rachel_Porter, Dave_Silver

December 3rd, 2016, 12:17 pm

.yeah good idea

Chesterfield
Soldier
Game name: Bradley_Austin, Alberto_DiCapo

December 3rd, 2016, 12:17 pm

frozen wrote:
jek wrote:
Chesterfield wrote:
Noylan wrote:
No.
Then let's move server to the moon?
you try to be funny kid? ha ss taken bich im reporting you

vans
Donator
Game name: Rachel_Porter, Dave_Silver

December 3rd, 2016, 1:05 pm

woot wrote:@Noylan @00-7
holy fuck you trigger me so much by pointing and trying to fix something while you have no clue what you are talking about

IM is already using server-sided hit registration, a feature introduced in SA-MP 0.3z. Any server that has the "lagcomp on" rule in the rule list in your SA:MP browser is using it. "Sync-shooting" means nothing but server-sided hit registration (lag compensation on)

Again: You have a ping of 150ms (in my case), you have information of ~20 players in your area streaming in and out, you have information of ~300 objects in your area streaming in and out.

Client-sided hit registration is the glitchy old lag-shooting way before 0.3z (which also opens many ways for cheats)

If it was something I can fix easily, it would be fixed already. But there is no way to do that.

No offense intended: The biggest complainers are israelians/egyptians which have the worst situation, most of the time a ping of 300ms+, a poor and slow internet connection, packetloss and all these factors above. If you shoot your weapon, the server needs AT LEAST 300ms to register your shot. Now you have 2 players with 300ms ping each, shooting at eachother. Have you ever tried this in a game like CSGO? You will want to kill yourself.

The most important factor is the latency/ping of the both players to the server. (and of course that they don't cheat)

I already said it 97 times but here goes one more time: The server is currently hosted in Canada since so far it was the only reliable datacenter that was able to keep off DDoS attacks. SA-MP itself already has very poor protection and makes flooding/dos/ddos attacks easy. Aside from that come massive kinds of other DDoS attacks which need to be kept off too.

If you've been here for a while, you know how many times the server IP changed for exactly that reason. Everyone prefers a server with 0 hours of downtime per day rather than a server that goes offline every few hours due to DDoS attacks.

Spoiler: I'm trying a new datacenter again within the next few days in Germany, but don't keep your hopes high that it'll stay that way.
well said

vin
Retired Admin
Game name: Andrew_Yuksel, Marcus_Arryn

December 3rd, 2016, 1:09 pm

Mineral
Made man
Game name: Osvaldo_Maranzano, Neil_Glover, Kreighty_Simmons

December 3rd, 2016, 1:18 pm

hahahahaha what the fuck

lerry
SA Police Department
Game name: Drake_Victoriano

December 3rd, 2016, 1:18 pm

vin wrote:
This

jek
Underboss
Game name: Mike_Alphonso

December 3rd, 2016, 1:19 pm

yea now u can understand

Vinnipuh
Donator
Game name: Paulie_Salerno

December 3rd, 2016, 1:22 pm

vin wrote:
its just your bad aim not server's fault lul

Snoozy
Consigliere
Game name: Santino_Capazzo

December 3rd, 2016, 1:25 pm

Vinnipuh wrote:
vin wrote:
its just your bad aim not server's fault lul
yeah and make sure if the IM player is using launcher or he is toggling

xdxdxd

woot
Consigliere
Game name: Adam_Cooper

December 3rd, 2016, 1:31 pm

vin wrote:
and again:

your ping = 180ms
mickeys ping = 150ms

mickey moves to the left
the client (mickey) sends this movement to the server (150ms delay)
the server sends this movement to you (+180ms delay) -> mickey is visible 330ms on your screen after on his screen he was already behind the wall
you (shooter) fire the weapon and this is being sent to the server (+180ms) -> this makes a 510ms delay until your shot is registered serverside
by the time these 510ms are over, mickey isnt on that spot anymore and thus the shot doesnt damage him

nothing will fix this except a lower ping/latency of both players

vin
Retired Admin

December 3rd, 2016, 1:42 pm

woot wrote:
vin wrote:
and again:

your ping = 180ms
mickeys ping = 150ms

mickey moves to the left
the server sends this movement to you (+180ms delay) -> mickey is visible 330ms on your screen after on his screen he was already behind the wall
you (shooter) fire the weapon and this is being sent to the server (+180ms) -> this makes a 510ms delay until your shot is registered serverside
by the time these 510ms are over, mickey isnt on that spot anymore and thus the shot doesnt damage him

The server registered the hits as if I hit them.
However on Mickey's screen I was shooting the wall.

Kai
Trial Administrator
Game name: Arnold_Martinez, Arnold_DeLeon

December 3rd, 2016, 1:43 pm

K3lroy wrote:Holy shit, this thread has a lot of analphabetic idiots.

woot
Consigliere

December 3rd, 2016, 1:49 pm

vin wrote:
woot wrote:
vin wrote:
and again:

your ping = 180ms
mickeys ping = 150ms

mickey moves to the left

The server registered the hits as if I hit them.
However on Mickey's screen I was shooting the wall.
the shots displayed are how the shooter client sees them (OnPlayerGiveDamage) - if these shots should register and damage the hit player then we're back at CLIENT SIDE hit registration because you trust the data the client sends. and if you trust the client, you give them the opportunity to cheating the fuck out of you

vin
Retired Admin

December 3rd, 2016, 1:59 pm

woot wrote: the shots displayed are how the shooter client sees them (OnPlayerGiveDamage) - if these shots should register and damage the hit player then we're back at CLIENT SIDE hit registration because you trust the data the client sends. and if you trust the client, you give them the opportunity to cheating the fuck out of you
Berkim wrote: berkim: he still uses samp sync, he gotta put a server side hp bar and connect it to the script so everytime u hit script gonna decrease the hp itself not client.
Pretty sure this is how other servers that have perfect hitreg work.

Maldonado
Outsider
Game name: Maria_Guzman

December 3rd, 2016, 2:01 pm

woot,make it like foco
Even if you got HH,your health will decrease if you get a shot
Last edited by Maldonado on December 3rd, 2016, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThaCrypte
Lead Administrator
Game name: Paul_Henderson

December 3rd, 2016, 2:04 pm

vin wrote:
woot wrote: the shots displayed are how the shooter client sees them (OnPlayerGiveDamage) - if these shots should register and damage the hit player then we're back at CLIENT SIDE hit registration because you trust the data the client sends. and if you trust the client, you give them the opportunity to cheating the fuck out of you
Berkim wrote: berkim: he still uses samp sync, he gotta put a server side hp bar and connect it to the script so everytime u hit script gonna decrease the hp itself not client.
Pretty sure this is how other servers that have perfect hitreg work.
No. Thats using the onplayer give and take damage function.

phone.

CruzTattaglia
Faction Leader
Game name: Cruz_Tattaglia, Built_Different

December 3rd, 2016, 2:50 pm

A question to woot. When we moved the server to Canada you told everyone, let me quote you
woot wrote:For the love of jesus, do not cry about your ping. Ping is absolutely not a major factor in SA:MP, even with 300ms ping you can play the game without noticing any lag.

SA:MP is not a precision FPS shooter, your ping is unimportant. The only important thing that makes your connection wobbly is the packetloss; as long as you don't have a PL of 5%+, you are absolutely fine.
I doubt either Vin or Whiskey had a PL bigger than 0.2%. What changed here?

From what I've known, ping represents the time until the shots connect while packetloss represents the chances of it connecting or not, maybe I'm wrong about this.

woot
Consigliere

December 3rd, 2016, 3:08 pm

Cruz_Gonzalez wrote:A question to woot. When we moved the server to Canada you told everyone, let me quote you
woot wrote:For the love of jesus, do not cry about your ping. Ping is absolutely not a major factor in SA:MP, even with 300ms ping you can play the game without noticing any lag.

SA:MP is not a precision FPS shooter, your ping is unimportant. The only important thing that makes your connection wobbly is the packetloss; as long as you don't have a PL of 5%+, you are absolutely fine.
I doubt either Vin or Whiskey had a PL bigger than 0.2%. What changed here?

From what I've known, ping represents the time until the shots connect while packetloss represents the chances of it connecting or not, maybe I'm wrong about this.

yes

you can play just fine, try playing a fps game with a ping of 300ms and you won't even be able to walk around properly & smoothly, you will most likely keep warping around

of course the ping affects how long things take to process (see my previous post), thats how latency works - theres a xxxms delay for whatever you are doing. but having a 300ms ping doesnt stop you from playing on here, considering this is not a fps game and not a server where a 100% shot accuracy is needed (i hope your goal isnt to kill as many as possible while you are ig)

if you have packetloss there's a chance the shot you make never arrives at the server (and generally everything gets unsynced because you're missing data that's being sent to you)
Spoiler: I'm trying a new datacenter again within the next few days in Germany, but don't keep your hopes high that it'll stay that way.

SuiCxDe
Radio DJ
Game name: Lewis_Turner, Neal_Caffry

December 3rd, 2016, 3:37 pm

Keep this thread about The update please.As the title says
Without spamming it with ping issues and All.Domt.do.it.here.in.this.thread

Thanks.

Grattoni
Caporegime
Game name: Luigi_Grattoni

December 3rd, 2016, 3:40 pm

SuiCxDe wrote:Keep this thread about The update please.As the title says
Without spamming it with ping issues and All.Domt.do.it.here.in.this.thread

Thanks.
true, i already reported woot's posts as spam and off-topic

Pop
Made man
Game name: Pop_Garnett, Johnny_Salerno

December 3rd, 2016, 5:54 pm

Grattoni wrote:
Darien wrote:
Noylan wrote: yeah but u do realize the server was fine when it was in europesis
You just gave me a stage 4 brain tumor.

Do you not remember the crashes the server was having when it was in europe? It was far from "fine"
Hahhaha man he is really fighting with woot trying to show some knowledge when he doesn't know a shit what woot had written in that essay

Pop+noylan again

You dimwits im sure he would have already introduced the server sided hits or w/e you call it if it wasn't something stopping it the way you all e-geniuses. If he says no then its no for a reason, not because he's lazy. Put that in your tiny brains. Im writing this bcz i feel him having to argue with people with non sense head over something he has a proven knowledge with someone who has zero knowledge of anything on the earth yet keeps talking non sense. Understand it already
Like I am trying to be cool but it's impossible with retards like u, u saying "pop" for what idiot? Thats what i said ....
You just see my name and turn ur stupid brain to fight me eventhought I said THE SAME shit u said.
A simple prove that u have a "tiny brain".

Return to “Community Announcements”