Re: Italy Mafia - November Update

December 1st, 2016, 7:14 pm

K3lroy wrote:(c) k3lroy for team idea

jek
Underboss
Game name: Mike_Alphonso

December 2nd, 2016, 8:04 pm

How about you fix the fucking sync already? I shot a guy 12 times and he was still 60hp yet he kills me in 5. Amazing!!!

FoxMan
SAPD High Command
Game name: Francesco_Mangano, Francesco_Martinez

December 2nd, 2016, 8:07 pm

Yes please fix the sync.

jek
Underboss

December 2nd, 2016, 8:08 pm

Worst thing about it is he says after you're dead: Easy noob

Royster
Soldier
Game name: Curtis_Royster, Frank_Winton

December 2nd, 2016, 9:37 pm

Ryan wrote:the team system basically allows you to purchase a faction for 75m
lol what how can team be considered as a faction?

TuCo
SA Police Department
Game name: TuCo_Victoriano

December 2nd, 2016, 9:58 pm

jek wrote:How about you fix the fucking sync already?

K3
Retired Admin
Game name: Sarah_Kelroy, Marco_Barese

December 2nd, 2016, 10:27 pm

jek wrote:How about you fix the fucking sync already? I shot a guy 12 times and he was still 60hp yet he kills me in 5. Amazing!!!
you do realize sync is samp devs fault and not woot's, right?

vin
Retired Admin
Game name: Andrew_Yuksel, Marcus_Arryn

December 2nd, 2016, 10:30 pm

K3lroy wrote:
jek wrote:How about you fix the fucking sync already? I shot a guy 12 times and he was still 60hp yet he kills me in 5. Amazing!!!
woot can make it better though.

jek
Underboss

December 2nd, 2016, 10:35 pm

K3lroy wrote:
but the sync is far better on foco and other servers lol. You need to be in more full on gunfights to know what i'm talking about, you'd get pissed too. When I play other servers, sync is perfectly fine.

Mineral
Made man
Game name: Osvaldo_Maranzano, Neil_Glover, Kreighty_Simmons

December 2nd, 2016, 10:41 pm

its Imrp

Ehruhgahn
Enforcer
Game name: Niklaus_Monticelli, Dmitry_Petrovich

December 2nd, 2016, 10:41 pm

I think what it is Jek, is that when sync first came out our "lovely" community tore woot a new anus because pro/1337 shooters where getting pounded on by noob shooters so woot never bothered fiddling with the sync system. So because everyone has moved off to foco and the likes and got use to their system coming back here is a shock.

jek
Underboss

December 2nd, 2016, 10:42 pm

no man, it's just horrible sync, i can tell the difference so can everyone else.

vin
Retired Admin
Game name: Andrew_Yuksel, Marcus_Arryn

December 2nd, 2016, 10:46 pm

Check out these two videos and see if you can still keep thinking that nothing is wrong.
Spoiler

Arrogant
Associate
Game name: Lucky_Corzetti, Samuel_Corzetti

December 2nd, 2016, 11:33 pm

vin wrote:Check out these two videos and see if you can still keep thinking that nothing is wrong.
Spoiler

Lag shooting syncs better.

woot
Consigliere
Game name: Adam_Cooper

December 3rd, 2016, 12:26 am

vin wrote:Check out these two videos and see if you can still keep thinking that nothing is wrong.
Spoiler

confirmed amateur of samp
can you not see that he got run over by the car on his screen, hes laying on the floor crawling up, thus you shooting at his head is not going to damage him
every further shot is a clear miss

00-7
Consigliere
Game name: Shasha_Tang, Woo_Fat

December 3rd, 2016, 12:38 am

woot wrote:
Spoiler

can you not see that he got run over by the car on his screen, hes laying on the floor crawling up, thus you shooting at his head is not going to damage him

ray
SASF Commander
Game name: Raymond_Vederano, Charles_Nixon

December 3rd, 2016, 12:40 am

and with that you just show us you are bad at shooting

00-7
Consigliere

December 3rd, 2016, 12:42 am

ray wrote:and with that you just show us you are bad at shooting
oke :)

QUISS
Consigliere
Game name: Quiss_Tattaglia, Quiss_Paccini, Quiss_Batts

December 3rd, 2016, 12:42 am

woot wrote:
Spoiler

that's not why he posted them, look where i'm shooting the second guy in the first video then check the second video where vin gets shot by me while i was shooting the door? explain

jek
Underboss

December 3rd, 2016, 12:44 am

woot nice IQ keep denying it

K3
Retired Admin
Game name: Sarah_Kelroy, Marco_Barese

December 3rd, 2016, 12:54 am

jek wrote:
K3lroy wrote:
but the sync is far better on foco and other servers lol. You need to be in more full on gunfights to know what i'm talking about, you'd get pissed too. When I play other servers, sync is perfectly fine.
I'm in enough gunfights to know how bad the sync is. It's still better than it used to be tho.

woot
Consigliere

December 3rd, 2016, 12:58 am

QUISS wrote:
woot wrote:
Spoiler

that's not why he posted them, look where i'm shooting the second guy in the first video then check the second video where vin gets shot by me while i was shooting the door? explain
you hit the 2nd player once
and vin is cheating obviously

whats the problem here

woot
Consigliere

December 3rd, 2016, 1:02 am

theres a major difference between a server with 15 players hosted in europe (if you're in europe) and a server with 150 players hosted far away from you

+ your scenes are always in public places where many players and many objects get streamed in all the time (which causes even more network usage & less accuracy)

samp already has a bad sync and ^ all those factors just make it worse

if you want a proper DM you need to go to one, you wont find that kind of accuracy and sync in a busy server

Noylan
Soldier
Game name: Scar_Salerno

December 3rd, 2016, 1:08 am

woot wrote:theres a major difference between a server with 15 players hosted in europe (if you're in europe) and a server with 150 players hosted far away from you

+ your scenes are always in public places where many players and many objects get streamed in all the time (which causes even more network usage & less accuracy)

samp already has a bad sync and ^ all those factors just make it worse

if you want a proper DM you need to go to one, you wont find that kind of accuracy and sync in a busy server
foco with 60 players daily basis all fine there, before u moved the host from europe the server was cool
00-7 wrote:just add this

viewtopic.php?f=136&t=115951
add this and ppl won't talk anymore
Last edited by Noylan on December 3rd, 2016, 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

00-7
Consigliere

December 3rd, 2016, 1:09 am

Pop
Made man
Game name: Pop_Garnett, Johnny_Salerno

December 3rd, 2016, 1:15 am

On foco for example I would be died alrdy and couldn't even be able to rush inside the house. a CHANGE !!

Noylan
Soldier
Game name: Scar_Salerno

December 3rd, 2016, 1:16 am

Pop wrote:On foco for example I would be died alrdy and couldn't even be able to rush inside the house. a CHANGE !!
Vinnipuh's suggestion it's all what we need fam

Macaklijepi
Outsider
Game name: Zlaja_Pearce

December 3rd, 2016, 1:26 am

Yeah, sync is worse than a 64 tick csgo server. People are sponging bullets. Server sided hit reg, europe server, and many other factors would change the course of this game.

I have seen many time legit, I shoot a guy > he makes anim that hes stunned and took bullet > takes 0 dmg from it.

woot
Consigliere

December 3rd, 2016, 1:44 am

@Noylan @00-7
holy fuck you trigger me so much by pointing and trying to fix something while you have no clue what you are talking about

IM is already using server-sided hit registration, a feature introduced in SA-MP 0.3z. Any server that has the "lagcomp on" rule in the rule list in your SA:MP browser is using it. "Sync-shooting" means nothing but server-sided hit registration (lag compensation on)

Again: You have a ping of 150ms (in my case), you have information of ~20 players in your area streaming in and out, you have information of ~300 objects in your area streaming in and out.

Client-sided hit registration is the glitchy old lag-shooting way before 0.3z (which also opens many ways for cheats)

If it was something I can fix easily, it would be fixed already. But there is no way to do that.

No offense intended: The biggest complainers are israelians/egyptians which have the worst situation, most of the time a ping of 300ms+, a poor and slow internet connection, packetloss and all these factors above. If you shoot your weapon, the server needs AT LEAST 300ms to register your shot. Now you have 2 players with 300ms ping each, shooting at eachother. Have you ever tried this in a game like CSGO? You will want to kill yourself.

The most important factor is the latency/ping of the both players to the server. (and of course that they don't cheat)

I already said it 97 times but here goes one more time: The server is currently hosted in Canada since so far it was the only reliable datacenter that was able to keep off DDoS attacks. SA-MP itself already has very poor protection and makes flooding/dos/ddos attacks easy. Aside from that come massive kinds of other DDoS attacks which need to be kept off too.

If you've been here for a while, you know how many times the server IP changed for exactly that reason. Everyone prefers a server with 0 hours of downtime per day rather than a server that goes offline every few hours due to DDoS attacks.

Spoiler: I'm trying a new datacenter again within the next few days in Germany, but don't keep your hopes high that it'll stay that way.

Return to “Community Announcements”