There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
Galdo
SASF Commander
Game name: Miguel_Ortega, Marcus_Clifford

[GUIDE] Roleplay Concepts (GAT)

April 3rd, 2014, 8:41 pm

Roleplay Concepts
Have you ever had a question about what is Revenge Kill, Metagaming, Powergaming, Deathmatching and so on? Have you ever thought about increasing your Roleplay view of sight? Well this is the right place for an oppertunity, take a look of these concepts and learn the basic RP Concepts. There's a few concepts which aren't used on Italy Mafia.
1. Roleplay (RP)
Taking a role, and playing it. In SA:MP-World the word "Roleplay" is defined as "Acting as In Real Life". Roleplay is the main reason why Roleplay servers are being created, as roleplay is always fun as long as it's realistic and roleplay rules are not broken.
2. In Character (IC)
Information and things which involve only YOUR CHARACTER. Your character driving, eating, working, chilling, smoking pot.. And so on.. Using smilies while being IC, is forbidden, you can use /me and act that your character is Ex. Smiling.

For as an example usage of /me:
You write: /me bursts out in laugh.
How it shows to other players: Galdo Meratzo bursts out in laugh.

You write: /me gently nods once and raises his right hand above his forehead, as he salutes.
How it shows to other players: Galdo Meratzo gently nods once and raises his right hand above his forehead, as he salutes.
3. Out of Character (OOC)
Information and things which involve YOU within real life. Special channels are made for this to talk OOC. You can talk about what you are doing currently. You can write anything in there, as long as it's not OOC insults, other than IC, where every sentence must be completely roleplayed.

There are different channels created for talking within OOC, such as:
  • /b - Public OOC Chat.
  • /o - General chat visible to everyone when it's enabled.
  • /f - Private chat created to talk with the faction members.
  • /g - Private chat created to talk with the group members.
  • /pm - Private chat created to talk with an individual.
And so on..

All OOC chats are to be used in ENGLISH language only, except /pm, which is purposely created for two individuals to communicate with each other in whatever language they wish, as of the fact that it doesn't show out to others.

Your Out Of Character information/things shouldn't affect your In Character actions. (If it does, it is metagaming, read about it below.)
4. Metagaming (MG)
Using OOC information IC. This is rulebreaking, which is not tolerated and strictly forbidden. Basically, you find out In Character information by Out Of Character actions.

Example of Metagaming:
Stav Camel meets Galdo Meratzo, while Stav Camel doesn't know Galdo Meratzos name. He looks above his head, which has a tag, reads it and says: "Hi, Galdo". This is most common metagaming example on Italy Mafia. In Real Life there isn't any tags above your head, which would describe your name, but in SA:MP there is. You shouldn't mix OOC with IC, so such actions should be done within In Character and Roleplay actions.

Example of correct way:
The correct way to get another players name is by asking them.. --> "Hi, what's your name, I'm Stav Camel!" Galdo Meratzo replies: "Hey Stav Camel, I'm Galdo Meratzo, nice to meet you!" - Right way to get the name, without metagaming at all!
5. Powergaming (PG)
Either forcing another player into a RP situation, which ends in the other player's disadvantage, or doing unrealistic things, which you couldn't make IRL, such as roleplaying taking out a minigun from your back pocket, you can't do that in real life, or can you?

Here is few examples:

First example:
You want to kill Person B. Let's name him, Sly.
/me shoots Sly from his deagle and kills him. - WRONG
Why is it wrong? You have forced him into a RP situation, where he must commit suicide. You must let him to resist. But as of the fact that roleplay situations as ''killing someone'' with /me or /do actions is very rare at IM, they just withdraw their weapon and kill you, if you don't kill him first.

/me aims at Slys head and shoots.
/do does the bullet hit him?
- CORRECT
He can resist now, by either jumping, crouching, or whatever he can do with realistic roleplay.

Second example: Doing unrealistic things.
/me takes a rock from the ground and throws it in the sky.
/do it lands on the moon. - WRONG

No one could do that In Real Life, except if you're an astronaut. You must be realistic.

Sadly, some players abuse the powergaming rule, since they are so smart and tough that they think they can resist everything.
6. DeathMatch (DM)
As a short roleplay concept, it is killing a player without a valid IN CHARACTYER reason. Basically just shooting them because he's a trigger horny and likes to shoot and kill, that's obviously forbidden.

Situations as, having an minor argument, rather it be IC or OOC aren't a valid reason. A well constructed reason on Italy Mafia would be such as robbing a business and a police officer attempts to arrest you consequently, as yet still, this is a medium level roleplay server, but you shouldn't use that as a reason either.
7. Revenge Kill (RK)
Attempt to physically harm a player who killed you before for the same reason, which is killing you.

Some people think that Revenge Kill is only when you actually kill the person, but it is also a physical harm.
This is simple - you are going to kill the individual who killed you, for revenge. You can't do that, because of a simple rule - when you "die" (critically injured, unless it's a Player Kill), you lose your memory regarding hte situation. So you can't remember who killed you and therefore you can't return either.

But regarding to the server rules, all LEOs are allowed to return after 10 minutes has passed.

This is also associated with Metagaming (Rule Number 4) (Above)
8. Kill on Sight (KOS)
The term is not used but it's still alive. It is also associated with deathmatching. Either killing everybody you see, or killing a certain person you hate as many times as you wish for. This is STRICTLY forbidden and not tolerated. It has severe consquences.
9. Driver Drive-By (DDB)
Either shooting from a driver's position with a gun.
Forbidden, why? Because it's very fast and auto-aims at the target. Only your mates sitting in passenger's position may shoot.

Or parking ontop of someone, which causes the player to loose health fast, while he is unable to move and fight back, it's not allowed because it's simply abusing.
10. Car Ramming
Attempt to physically harm a player or his vehicle with another vehicle. Forbidden, because it increases non-roleplay and it's provoking.

It is also very common to happen on Italy Mafia, especially when LSPD members are present, hence players usually provoke officers to make them chase them.
11. Non-Roleplay name (NON-RP name)
A name which isn't suitable In Real Life. The server reminded you about it, or an admin changed your name?
A name cannot be non-sense, such as "12345_ewrs", the First Name and Last Name first letters must be capitalized, and the name can't have numbers.

In short, give your character a name your mother would give to you, your mother wound'nt call you Mr_GaySmith69?

Example of a good roleplay names: Jake_Willson, Dimitri_Drakovich, Sonny_Laredo, Galdo_Meratzo, Marcus_Clifford, Lee_Hwang, Suguru_Taniguchi, Sam_Hunt, James_Wood, Giovanni_Bonanza, and so on...
12. Spawn Killing (Sometimes SK)
Repeatedly killing players/player where they spawn. Associated with DMing, rule number 6. and KOS, rule number 8.. (See above)

This is a very used rule during illegal faction wars.
For as an example, Tattaglia standing infront of Kemirov HQ and waiting for them to exit, so they can instantly kill them.

Or as an second example, faction members shoting each other by the spawning spot. (El Es Pe De Creme Femili)
13. Logging To Avoid or /q To Avoid
Exiting the game with either "/q", or pressing esc, choosing "Exit Game" and then "Yes'' to make you look like you have timed out.

There are 3 types of logging to avoid: Death, Arrest, and RP Situation.

In Real Life you can't just disappear, except if you have a magic cape like Harry Potter, it's actually a cloack he goes under.
14. Exploiting
Abusing bugs. Simple, it's just exploiting game/script bugs for your advantage. Not gonna say any examples, as people might abuse them.
15. Chicken Running
Running in zigzags to avoid being shot at. It's running like a retard from side to side.

IT IS ALLOWED ON ITALY MAFIA, but I have included it as it's apart of the roleplaying concepts.
16. Bunny Hop (BHOP)
Holding "sprint" button and jumping at the same time to travel faster. Associates with non-RPing, no one jumps In Real Life to travel faster, lol.

Yet still it's ALLOWED ON ITALY MAFIA, as of the fact that it is an ''lower than'' medium roleplaying server.
17. Healing in a war/gunfight
Just as the headline says. You can't /heal in gun fight, or a war.
You must either make sure you've completely evaded/eliminated your threat, and go to replenish your health points. Even better, call an ambulance and RP.

Healing includes getting armor in any way. Since Italy Mafia ain't a hardcore roleplay server, just healing after you evaded/eliminated your opponent by sprunk/meals or /heal inside a house is not punishable.

Also usage of DRUGS is allowed as a health/armor increase.
18. Faction Kill (FK)
It's definitely not the same as a regular kill is at a robbery or a random gunfight.

If a T1 or T0 of a faction wishes to get rid of you on purpose and kill you, you will be uninvited from the faction, and your whole memory is WIPED during the time you have participiated in the faction events.

Mainly used by illegal factions only.
19. Character Kill (CK)
This is the ultimate kill. If you get CKed, or you CK yourself, you will lose everything. Your vehicles, houses will be sold, every single penny (money) gets removed. The account is also sometimes banned (only the account's name, not the IP.) It is a must to completely roleplay it, and permission to do so, should be granted from the administration of Italy Mafia.

Usually illegal factions don't get the oppertunity to do it, but legal factions such as FBI have done it before during the history of IM.
20. Planebombing
Getting a plane and bombing it into a crowd of players causing major damage to them, which most likely ends in death of those players. Not allowed, as it would be abused and it's highly Non-RP to, except if you wan't to RP a terrorist and end up with your character CK'ed.
21 .Gun from ass
Non-RPing taking a gun out of inventory aka scrolling to change/draw a weapon. , so if possible, you should Rply take your gun out with /me, but it isn't required on Italy Mafia.

Example:
/me takes out a deagle from his inner shirt pocket.

Gun in ass - Vice Versa to Gun from Ass, should be roleplayed too.
Example: /me puts his deagle in his inner shirt pocket.

This rule is not used on Italy Mafia, and therefore you are allowed to scroll weapons from your inventory without roleplaying.
Thank you for reading and going through roleplay concepts. If there is any questions or anything someone want's to add, rather it be positive comments or critism, feel free to reply below.

I wish everyone a great time in roleplaying on Italy Mafia Roleplay,

Best Regards,
Galdo,
Marcus Clifford, Lee Hwang, Galdo Meratzo.

© Galdo/Quattro revised & designed for Italy Mafia Roleplay.
Last edited by Galdo on July 24th, 2014, 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Galdo wrote:My teacher once stated that there are no stupid questions. Back then we didn't have internet, or Italy Mafia Roleplay. My teacher was wrong.
A chain is no stronger than its weakest link.
2007 - 2018 ON & OFF

Eugine
Enforcer
Game name: Samuel_Bouchard

Re: [GUIDE] Roleplay Concepts (GAT)

April 3rd, 2014, 8:44 pm

good job buddy
Spoiler
Eugine wrote:Some people has to grow up instead of whining like a fucking moron.
Lol there's the fact that you cannot even spell English properly, and you can clearly see in my screen-shot that you did not even type "assault" properly, you just ruined my IC criminal record with your shitty English, and of course you guys, and specially people from egybt that login with arab names and keep bunnyhopping wanna rob, cannot even role-play properly, that's why you just apply for a legal faction then follow the guides step by step to reach your ranks, i bet most of you doesnt even know how maverick runs goes, and you will never do because you only got promoted with not effort by your fellow egybtians, one of you tries to join a faction, then the rest of the idiots follow him so they get promoted immediately, claiming that he is good, while they cant even reach the outsider rank in illegal because the RP is strict there.

hyper42O
Made man
Game name: Henry_Pearce

April 3rd, 2014, 9:14 pm

lol.!

Alsarty
SA Police Department
Game name: Sergie_Severov, Asuka_Akiyama

April 3rd, 2014, 9:16 pm

Nice one, but it's all in the rules anyway.
Good job.
Last edited by Anonymous on April 4th, 2014, 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited

Aesthetic Guy
Consigliere
Game name: Rich_Piana, Tren_Bolone

April 3rd, 2014, 11:16 pm

Looks good.

Eagle
Made man
Game name: Fabio_DeCampo, Frank_DeCampo

April 4th, 2014, 12:03 am

Vagineer wrote:Looks good.
O.T. Leave Bassem.
Image exceeds limits - image removed by administration, signature permissions suspended

Aleya BANNED

April 4th, 2014, 12:05 am

Off topic and provocative posts removed.
Good job Galdo :)

Galdo
SASF Commander

April 4th, 2014, 6:48 pm

Thank you sires. (:
Galdo wrote:My teacher once stated that there are no stupid questions. Back then we didn't have internet, or Italy Mafia Roleplay. My teacher was wrong.
2007 - 2018 ON & OFF

Senpai Fizzy
Enforcer
Game name: Jax_Negato, Ezio_Massalsky

April 4th, 2014, 7:34 pm

My merkus klifford PD lieutenant and 14k triads hehe

Awesome mate
Ezio Moretti wrote:“Friends are not as important as family. Do not confuse the loyalty of friendship with the bond of blood.”
Spoiler

Galdo
SASF Commander

April 4th, 2014, 8:49 pm

Itz Fizzy wrote:My merkus klifford PD lieutenant and 14k triads hehe

Awesome mate
Kapitan* Thanks! :)
2007 - 2018 ON & OFF

Rick
Donator
Game name: Rosario_Soprazzo, Matheo_Trapani, Matteo_Corozzo, Rose_Soprazzo

April 4th, 2014, 8:56 pm

lol u lerned rp from me ;) stop bregin, ad cretid .
ray diesel wrote:I Mean if you can Unabn me i stay 4 Month To This Please Unban me i do DOnat and i think i lose my cars and my House For what you give me Bani only wanna play in this server please unban me.

BUTCHER
Soldier
Game name: Ruben_Carver

April 4th, 2014, 10:00 pm

Good job, looks nice.

Senpai Fizzy
Enforcer
Game name: Jax_Negato, Ezio_Massalsky

April 4th, 2014, 10:02 pm

Long live Kaptan merkus
Ezio Moretti wrote:“Friends are not as important as family. Do not confuse the loyalty of friendship with the bond of blood.”
Spoiler

Galdo
SASF Commander

April 5th, 2014, 2:35 am

Rick wrote:lol u lerned rp from me ;) stop bregin, ad cretid .
/me bursts out in laugh as he lies down on the floor and rolls.
/do A tear would drop from my eye.

I feel sorry for you.. ;<
2007 - 2018 ON & OFF

Wesam
SASF Commander
Game name: Manuel_Ferrari

July 23rd, 2014, 2:19 am

It's pretty nice and helpful !

M A N U E L F E R R A R I
FORMER CAPTAIN | RECRUITMENT & TRAINING BUREAU
SAN ANDREAS POLICE DEPARTMENT

LIEUTENANT | 1ST IN COMMAND OF R&T BUREAU
SAN ANDREAS SPECIAL FORCES

Omni
Made man
Game name: Tom_Leeds

July 23rd, 2014, 2:26 am

I googled one sentence of this and found an exact copy on another website. Give copyright if you did not make something.
"© Galdo/Quattro designed for Italy Mafia Roleplay."

Thomas
Soldier
Game name: Thomas_Toro, Thomas_MacDermott

July 23rd, 2014, 2:27 am

Thomas MacDermott

Spoiler
Past characters:
Thomas Capelli
Thomas Paterno
Thomas Corleone
Thomas Hudson
Thomas Toro
Thomas Jay
Eire Laosieach
Thomas Stracci
Carlos Phantom
Jesus Chapa

Wesam
SASF Commander
Game name: Manuel_Ferrari

July 23rd, 2014, 8:12 am

Daym..

FORMER CAPTAIN | RECRUITMENT & TRAINING BUREAU
SAN ANDREAS POLICE DEPARTMENT

LIEUTENANT | 1ST IN COMMAND OF R&T BUREAU
SAN ANDREAS SPECIAL FORCES

Galdo
SASF Commander

July 24th, 2014, 7:38 am

That's me, idiot.
Spoiler
Kannot raed sire?!?!? >:S

As of the older topic,

Let me correct myself

''Revised & Designed for Italy Mafia Roleplay''

No offence but, don't accuse one of something when you don't research about it before.
2007 - 2018 ON & OFF

walter
Enforcer
Game name: Vincenzo_Scamozzi

July 24th, 2014, 7:55 am

Thanks for sharing this on our boards my friend.
Spoiler

Omni
Made man
Game name: Tom_Leeds

July 25th, 2014, 1:38 am

Galdo wrote:
That's me, idiot.
Spoiler
Kannot raed sire?!?!? >:S

As of the older topic,

Let me correct myself

''Revised & Designed for Italy Mafia Roleplay''

No offence but, don't accuse one of something when you don't research about it before.
Just saying: give credits when you should, oke.

Return to “Outdated Guides”