There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
Aleya BANNED

What is RPG? :O

August 31st, 2012, 1:15 am

I hear everyone talking about 'RPG' and RPG ... I actually still don't know what is this excatly lol. Do me a favour and explain it to me please !

Blake
Associate
Game name: Damian_MacKelly, Vince_Napoli

Re: What is RPG? :O

August 31st, 2012, 1:19 am

"In the military, it means Rocket Propelled Grenade. I don't know about the game you mentioned." - thats like to kill people with grenade/rpg whatever... like a DM server

Aleya BANNED

August 31st, 2012, 1:21 am

I don't mean that RPG lol, I mean the word RPG related to the server

Claude_Fido
Outsider
Game name: Julio_Mendez, Claude_Fido

August 31st, 2012, 1:34 am

As SA-MP servers are concerned:
RPG servers - Servers where have any sort of leveling, stats or stuff that makes it look like an RPG game, they are only slightly related to real-life because San Andreas is "slightly" based on real life. You don't actually play any roles.

RP servers - I guess you know what this one is.. Oh and you do play roles on this one.

It doesn't matter if IM has RP or RPG in the name, it's a RP server. RPG servers are like CrazyBobs and shit like that.
~ Claude Fido ~ Julio Mendez ~ Claudio Bianchi ~

Deck
Made man
Game name: Nate_Harman

August 31st, 2012, 9:50 am

Claude_Fido wrote:As SA-MP servers are concerned:
RPG servers - Servers where have any sort of leveling, stats or stuff that makes it look like an RPG game, they are only slightly related to real-life because San Andreas is "slightly" based on real life. You don't actually play any roles.

RP servers - I guess you know what this one is.. Oh and you do play roles on this one.

It doesn't matter if IM has RP or RPG in the name, it's a RP server. RPG servers are like CrazyBobs and shit like that.
You play roles in both. In fact, you play roles better in RPG, but in RP you're supposed to act realistically as well.

VincentGambino
Enforcer
Game name: Henry_Ruggerioni, Kurt_Ruggeroni

August 31st, 2012, 10:52 am

I wish people would understand that RP is about playing your character. Most people think great RP is describing everything you do and using fancy words. All the /me shit annoys the fuck out of me. I wanna see your guy speak and have his opinion and emotions. Start talking!!!!

Rick_Soprazzo
Outsider
Game name: Rick_Soprazzo

August 31st, 2012, 1:17 pm

roleplay gaming , light rp servers
The Baws Said : There was still RP going on while we was an RPG server and I think it's a nice addition to have on an RPG server, that's what makes Italy Mafia unique.. It was a RPG server with RP included.

If people want full-RP, then i suggest you to find and join a Full-RP server and not constantly trying to change this one into it. As many people have stated... Either we're RPG or we are a RP server... And i just dont see a RP server being a realistic and possible option.
[/spoiler]
ray diesel wrote:I Mean if you can Unabn me i stay 4 Month To This Please Unban me i do DOnat and i think i lose my cars and my House For what you give me Bani only wanna play in this server please unban me.

GreenLantern

August 31st, 2012, 2:15 pm

A role-playing game (RPG and sometimes roleplaying game) is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting. Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative, either through literal acting, or through a process of structured decision-making or character development. Actions taken within many games succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines.

There are several forms of RPG. The original form, sometimes called the tabletop RPG, is conducted through discussion, whereas in live action role-playing games (LARP) players physically perform their characters' actions. In both of these forms, an arranger called a game master (GM) usually decides on the rules and setting to be used and acts as referee, while each of the other players plays the role of a single character.

Claude_Fido
Outsider
Game name: Julio_Mendez, Claude_Fido

August 31st, 2012, 2:44 pm

Deck wrote:
Claude_Fido wrote:As SA-MP servers are concerned:

You play roles in both. In fact, you play roles better in RPG, but in RP you're supposed to act realistically as well.
I was talking "As SA-MP servers are concerned", any RPG server you join on the SA-MP server list is not a roleplay server like IM, not light-RP, not medium-RP, not expresso-RP with a spoon of sugar, it's spawning with a deagle and making money with mini-games/killing.
This whole discussion of IM being RP/RPG is useless, it's a RP server, this is what a RPG server looks like:
http://i.imgur.com/4ZgAe.jpg

Or CrazyBobs cops'n'robbers, also an RPG server, no OOC, no Metagame, no Powergame, no "NO-RPADMANHALP", no helpers, nothing of that sorts - that is an RPG server on San Andreas Multiplayer

It's like you guys never played other servers on SA-MP besides IM.
The reason for all this confusion is because at the dawn of SA-MP there was a gamemode/server called PEN1 which was not RP, but it was an RPG server, some guys decided to change it up and make it more realistic - giving birth to what is now the genre of RP
~ Claude Fido ~ Julio Mendez ~ Claudio Bianchi ~

Return to “Answered”