There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
Ralph_
Donator
Game name: Ralph_Toretto, Raphael_TinToretto

Omertà in IMRP

April 4th, 2022, 8:48 pm

What is Omertà?
In simple terms, Omerta is the code of silence and non-cooperation with Law Enforcement Agencies which in IMRP's case are San Andreas Police Department & San Andreas Special Forces respectively.

As IMRP is a server focused around Mafias, Omertà is taken seriously and there's IC consequences of breaking this code if you are a part of any official illegal faction. All illegal factions agree to this code by default and rules of Omertà apply to them all. If any faction member breaks this code, their faction may be forced to pay for the actions by monetary means, the fmember in question may also be FKed (or CKed) and in severe cases the faction itself may face a forced war by the victim faction.

Examples
Breaking the code means (but is not limited to):
- Calling 911 in a turf against your enemies
- Giving legals a vehicle for transporting enemy suspects
- Snitching or any other sort of cooperation with legals against your enemies
- Involving them in illegal business of any kind
In summary, illegal faction members are expected to avoid seeking assistance from legals and(or) involving them in any illegal business etc. Doing so would go against the rules of Omertà.
Don’t let your mouth write a cheque that your ass can’t cash.

Ralph_
Donator

Re: Omertà in IMRP

April 4th, 2022, 8:50 pm

Posted this primarily because I was omerta'd a few days ago which made me realize there's still people who don't have knowledge of this, I hope it helps them :)

For those who already have knowledge of this, please let me know if I missed anything or wrote any incorrect information.

Marchesi
Soldier
Game name: Pavel_Reznikov, Viktor_Penkovsky, Carmine_Marchesi

April 4th, 2022, 11:34 pm

Ehh....

"Never waste a boner."
SINCE 2011 | LONG-TIME PLAYER & FORMER ADMINISTRATOR

Nico
Donator
Game name: Scott_Collins, Peter_Hayes

April 4th, 2022, 11:53 pm

Serious IC consequences for breaking omerta, CK for this, I didnt play for quite some time, but when did this happen ?

Peter Hayes - London Captain
Vincent Drucci - T1 Head Caporegime- Stracci
Peter Hayes - T1 SAPD Sergeant
Peter Paterno - T0 Paterno Boss
Peter Hayes- T0 San News CEO
Adriano Decapre - T1 Stracci Consigliere
Ambrosio Capetta- T1 Capetta Captain
Adriano Decapre - T1 Paterno Caporegime
Logan Redfield - Ex Helper

Ralph_
Donator

April 5th, 2022, 12:19 am

Nico wrote:
Serious IC consequences for breaking omerta, CK for this, I didnt play for quite some time, but when did this happen ?
Omerta does have IC consequences and always has. CK is something that needs clarification from HOI as I've been told it does happen but very rarely. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Frederick
Basic Administrator
Game name: Frederick_Price, Harvey_Mendez

April 5th, 2022, 12:48 am

Ralph_ wrote:
Nico wrote:
Omerta does have IC consequences and always has. CK is something that needs clarification from HOI as I've been told it does happen but very rarely. Correct me if I'm wrong.
So far, every omerta that was broken ended up with a CK from what I've witnessed.

Nico
Donator

April 5th, 2022, 1:02 am

DeathStrike wrote:
Ralph_ wrote:
Nico wrote:
So far, every omerta that was broken ended up with a CK from what I've witnessed.
Give me one example lol.

Frederick
Basic Administrator
Game name: Frederick_Price, Harvey_Mendez

April 5th, 2022, 1:14 am

Nico wrote:
Give me one example lol.
In Triads vs Cuneo war, Paulo Ferreira broke omerta by involving PD in one of the fights by asking them for help while they were passing by. He ended up CK'ed.

In Triads, they had a member, Michiko or Michio I don't remember who exactly, broke omerta against Leone if I'm not wrong and also ended up CK'ed.

There are a few other situations as well, CK's don't happen regularly nor does breaking omerta publicly (since we are a friendly community where some players won't report another player for the sake of another player). Omerta does end up with a CK if handled in an official manner with the HoI and not just the faction leaders.

Nico
Donator

April 5th, 2022, 1:25 am

DeathStrike wrote:
Nico wrote:
Give me one example lol.
In Triads vs Cuneo war, Paulo Ferreira broke omerta by involving PD in one of the fights by asking them for help while they were passing by. He ended up CK'ed.

In Triads, they had a member, Michiko or Michio I don't remember who exactly, broke omerta against Leone if I'm not wrong and also ended up CK'ed.

There are a few other situations as well, CK's don't happen regularly nor does breaking omerta publicly (since we are a friendly community where some players won't report another player for the sake of another player). Omerta does end up with a CK if handled in an official manner with the HoI and not just the faction leaders.
How can a Triad member break an Omerta? That's an Italian thing, originated from Sicily, and it used to be roleplayed in the good old times, now and there, nobody gives a fuck about it at the present time though. Also, you could probably count the CK's that happened because of that on fingers from one hand, not to mention CK doesnt bring much here @IM.

Donald
Faction Leader
Game name: Donald_Capazzo

April 5th, 2022, 1:49 am

CK is almost always the default solution to anyone who breaks omerta. Omerta is whatever origin but in IMRP its applied to everyone regardless of faction background.

There has been at least 15+ CKs for breaking Omerta. If you get CKed you are barred from joining any illegal faction for a month or more

RVSH TO YOVR DEATH

Mosquito
Made man
Game name: Salazar_Gotzone, Eli_Massalsky

April 5th, 2022, 9:49 pm

(I think) I'm the only person ever that got CK'd for accidentally being involved in the kidnapping of an ally's T0... (in Ruvik's Stracci)
So a CK is not always directly linked to breaking the Omerta, but the punishment for breaking the Omerta is mostly CK.

CK is sometimes a way to pay off a debt or to solve a dispute between families.

Vivid lifestyle am I right?

2WICE
SASF Member
Game name: Johnny_Butcher

April 5th, 2022, 10:35 pm

I guess every faction private section has Omerta topic already
sapd

axe
Soldier
Game name: Vince_Cavallo

April 5th, 2022, 11:07 pm

Nico wrote:
DeathStrike wrote:
Ralph_ wrote:
Nico wrote:
Give me one example lol.
I have personally cked a guy when i was t0 for calling cops against tatta at dls turf

Miko
SA Police Department
Game name: Renzo_Trevisani, Andrey_Romanov

February 15th, 2023, 6:12 am

Frederick wrote:
Nico wrote:
Give me one example lol.

It wasnt me, Michio did it.
• Garry_Threadgill (until 12.02.2020)
• Francis_Beneventi (until 21.04.2015)
• Donatello_Rastelli (until 05.04.2015)
• Fernando_Armani (until 31.12.2014)

Nate
Associate
Game name: Martin_Vitagliano

February 15th, 2023, 7:48 am

Donald wrote:
April 5th, 2022, 1:49 am
If you get CKed you are barred from joining any illegal faction for a month or more
You're not able to join just the faction you got CKed from, you're free to join other factions. I think Finn got CKed from Salerno long time ago and joined Triads without any issues (he got told he can)

Return to “Newbie Guides”