There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
ThaCrypte
Lead Administrator
Game name: Paul_Henderson

So, you're new to the server?

March 4th, 2015, 1:57 pm

Hi there!

If you're new to the server, then first of all: Welcome! I hope this guide will help you out!
I'm still working on part 3, but I decided to post it and see what you guys would think of it so far. Feel free to give me some feedback :P
  • 1. Introduction
  • 2. The basics
    • 2.1 Roleplay, what's that?
    • 2.2 How to pick a proper name.
    • 2.3 The differences between In Character and Out of Character.
    • 2.4 How to properly use the chat to roleplay.
    • 2.5 Server rules.
  • 3. Server Features
    • 3.1 Jobs
    • 3.2 Clothes
    • 3.3 Phone and other tools.
    • 3.4 Vehicles
    • 3.5 Houses
    • 3.6 Factions
    • 3.7 Businesses
1. Introduction
Hello and welcome to Italy Mafia! My name is ThaCrypte and I created this guide for you to read through. I'll try to explain as much as possible; as easy as possible. This way I'll hope everyone understands it. If you feel like there's something missing, then feel free to PM me on the forum or post it in the reactions! I'll try to keep this guide up to date as much as possible!

2. The basics
Here I'll try to explain you as much of the basic stuff you should know before you head out. I strongly reccomend you to read it through!

2.1 Roleplay, what's that?
Roleplay (role-play) basicly means that you're playing a role on a realistic manner. In this case you're playing as your character. Your character can be anything, from a afro american to a jewish farmer. Just keep it real! Don't start roleplaying being a wizard; as it's not realistic. Also make sure that the character you're roleplaying as fits your sex and ethnicity.
Even though we're a light roleplay server; many people still preffer medium roleplay.

2.2 How to pick a propper name.
Thinking of a "propper" roleplay name may be difficult for some. The name should be a name you could have in real life. Not a name such as "Desert_Eagle" or "Big_Boss". Luckily there are some tools for you that may help you out! (For example: http://character.namegeneratorfun.com/ ). Just because a so called "generator" gives you a name and last name, doesn't mean you have to use both! You can basicly pick a nice name, and continue searching for a good last name! Just make sure it fits the character's ethnicity and sex (Male/Female).

2.3 The difference between In Character and Out of Character
Now we're going to discuss the differences of In Character (IC) and Out of Character (OOC).

Out of Character (OOC):
OOC is when you're talking without your character, as in you're not playing the role of your character. You can talk out of character by using the /b command. However, commands such as /pm, /irc, /ask and lots of others are also OOC.

You're only allowed to OOC when you're not roleplaying or when a admin/helper is on duty and near you. You may also ask the admins if they could grant you with "OOC Mode". This will add a tag above your name saying that you're OOC. You are not allowed to roleplay while you're on OOC mode or roleplay with someone that is on OOC mode. Admins won't give out OOC tags for no reason though. So if you don't have any reason and you want it just to drive around or something; it's likely that you won't get it.

You can recognize when someone is talking out of character when they have bracket's "(( ))" in their sentence. Example:
(( Name_Surname: Hi there! ))

In Character (IC):
IC means that you're talking as your character. Basicly you're roleplaying at that moment. You can recognize when someone is talking IC when they haven't got any brackets or anything in their sentence. When you're IC, you're not allowed to:
  • Use emoticons such as "XD :D :P".
  • Use shortcuts such as "LOL, RIP, OMFG".
As soon as you log in; you're required to talk In Character, as this is a roleplay server after all!

2.4 How to properly use the chat to roleplay.
The chat can be used in many ways in order to roleplay. I'll explain a few ways.

The regular chat:
The normal chat is to talk with your character.
You might encounter people with "stranger" instead of their name when they talk. These people also won't have a name tag floating above their head. These people are not bots, they are actual people who decided to turn their name off. This is a feature you'll unlock once you reach level 15.

Describing what your character is doing.
The command "/me" is used to describe certain actions of your character. For example when you roleplay looking at someone in particular; you'll use: "/me looks towards <name>". You can use it in many ways to describe an action.
You can recognize it by the purple sentence and two stars in front of it. Example:
** Your_Name smiles towards the stranger.
Commands wrote: /me <text>

Reaction:

** Your Name <text>
Describing your actions/surroundings
Describing your actions or your surroundings can be done with /do or /action (both are the same). It might be difficult to use at the beginning, but once you're used to it you'll be fine. You can recognize it by the two stars on each side of the sentence and the player's name who used that command behind it in brackets.
Example:
* There would be a small pool of water laying on the road * (( Your_Name ))
Commands wrote: /do <text> or /action <text>

Reaction:

* <text> * (( Your_Name ))
2.5 The server rules.
The rules can be found at: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16 (click on that link). However, due the fact that there are so many of them, I'll explain the most important ones in short. Look the rules up if you want more explanation.

Deathmatching (DM).
- Deathmatching is killing someone without a valid In Character reason. For example: Shooting someone you just met 10 seconds ago or shooting anyone you can see on sight.

Powergame (PG).
- Powergaming is doing something that can't be done in real life. Example: Roleplaying lifting a car up or trying to jump out of a locked vehicle.

Meta-game (MG).
- Metagaming is using OOC information IC. Example: You see someone walking called "Adam_Cooper" and you run up to him and say his name IC while you never met him IC.

Drive by (DB).
- Drive by is driving over players / parking on top of players in order for them to die. This is not allowed. "Heliblading" is also considered as DB.

Mixing.
- Mixing is using the IC chat for OOC purposes or the other way around. Example: /pming someone to join your gang or mafia. There are many examples that I could give but for now I'll stick to one.

Refusing to Roleplay
- Refusing to roleplay is when you're in a roleplay scenario and you go out of character all the time saying that the other guy rulebreaked or whatsoever without turning back In character.

3. Server features
In this section I'll post information about certain features of the server. This section is not complete and is being worked on.

3.1 Jobs
Jobs are the source of income(money) for every new player on the server. On Italy Mafia there are different kind of jobs. You have legal jobs, and illegal jobs.

To get a legal job, you may head out to the city hall (use /gps > City Hall) and run run to the red marker at the desk. When you stand in this marker, you can select a job from the list that'll pop-up. If you already have a job, you may use /quitjob.

Illegal jobs are spread over Los Santos (use /gps to find them). These jobs have higher risks of being caught by the PD. For example when you do the carjacker job, you may set off a vehicle alarm and warn the cops, however there are not many vehicles that have such alarm installed.

A list of available jobs:
  • Legal jobs.
    • Farmer - Requires you to harvest crops at the farm located in the center San Andreas.
    • Detective - Used for roleplay purposes, people may hire you in order to find specific person.
    • Trucker - Requires you to pick up goods and transport them from A to B.
    • Medic - Currently removed due to a previous faction. Perhaps one day it'll return.
    • Taxi Driver - People may call a taxi, and your job is to go to them, pick them up and deliver them to wherever they want to go.
    • Lawyer - Here you may bail out people from jail. However this requires some RP experience and the cooperation of the SAPD.
    • Mechanic - Here you'll be driving a towtruck and people will call you using /service mechanic; your job is to head there and fix or refuel their vehicle!
    • Garbage man - You'll be driving around Los Santos in a garbage truck, picking up garbage at checkpoints.
  • Illegal jobs.
    • Thief - Allows you to rob people on the streets for money.
    • Carjacker - Your goal is to find a specific vehicle, steal it and bring it back to a chop-shop(as I call it).
Fishing however ain't really a job in my opinion, but you can fish and sell your fish for money. Fishing is also suggested for new players, and so is trucking.
3.2 Clothes
Your clothes (AKA "skin") is important, as this reflects your character. You can change your clothes by writing "/clothes" in-game, a marker will be set to the nearest store. If it's out of stock, drive/walk around and see if there's another one near which is in stock. Once you're inside a clothes store, write /clothes <id>. You can find skin id's at: http://wiki.sa-mp.com/wiki/Skins:All .

The costs depends on the business owner; which sets the price.

3.3 Phone and other tools
Last edited by ThaCrypte on March 24th, 2015, 6:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: 3.2 Clothes - added
hehe

frozen
Retired Admin
Game name: Enzo_DiPietro

Re: So, you're new to the server?

March 4th, 2015, 1:59 pm

Nice man.

Redefined
SA Police Department
Game name: Alessandro_Armone

March 4th, 2015, 2:17 pm

Darien wrote:Awesome!
The sun goes down, I feel the light betray me.

Expand - Conquer

Alessandro Armone - SASF Lieutenant (T1) 2IC R&T

Alessandro Armone - NOOSE

Alessandro Armone - Tattaglia

Alessandro Armone - PD Sergeant(T1)
Alessandro DePalma - Barzini Soldier(T2)
Alessandro Armone - Corleone Caporegime (T1)

Alessandro Armone - Paterno Caporegime (T1)
Dylan Reed - Eastside Sydnicate Hitman (T2)

Mason Winton - PO III SWAT Senior Operator
Alessandro Cipriani - Cipriani Soldier(T1)

Ayden
Caporegime
Game name: Ayden_Brayden, Adrika_Veronin

March 4th, 2015, 2:18 pm

Wow well done

Daci
Donator
Game name: Edward_Floyd

March 4th, 2015, 2:20 pm

Flawless, good job !

enjoyhelpersoonmaybewhoknowsheuheue

Copani
Soldier
Game name: Douglas_Brooks, Antonio_Corzetti

March 4th, 2015, 2:21 pm

Nice one!
I hope to see you in helperteam soon :> .

Ciaccone
Outsider
Game name: Anthony_Ciaccone

March 4th, 2015, 2:26 pm

Scr3am wrote:Good guide!
You should add the command /faq to the guide :)

ThaCrypte
Lead Administrator

March 4th, 2015, 2:45 pm

Thanks people, and yea, I'll probably add a spot for useful commands
hehe

Grattoni
Caporegime
Game name: Luigi_Grattoni

March 4th, 2015, 2:58 pm

Good effort and nice guide as well
grattang

Aldo
Consigliere
Game name: Aldo_Barzetti, Andrea_Scagliotto

March 4th, 2015, 3:02 pm

Grattoni wrote:Good effort and nice guide as well

ThaCrypte
Lead Administrator

March 4th, 2015, 5:20 pm

Thanks :P Will be working on the other parts soon; kinda tired at the moment.
hehe

Gonza
Outsider
Game name: Giovanni_Genovese

March 4th, 2015, 5:23 pm

Good job indeed, but please add more situations!

Aldo
Consigliere
Game name: Aldo_Barzetti, Andrea_Scagliotto

March 4th, 2015, 5:25 pm

Give this guy helper status,kkthxbai :D

Fuzzy
Made man
Game name: Leo_Scarpelli

March 4th, 2015, 5:31 pm

@ThaCrypte hope this is a good suggestion.
Talk with woot and when someone open a account it start showing this what you wrote or when you open a forum acc its good that this guide to be shown.It can help a lot newbies.
Nice guide by the way
Fuzzy.

Miko
SA Police Department
Game name: Renzo_Trevisani, Andrey_Romanov

March 4th, 2015, 5:44 pm

Good job +10
• Garry_Threadgill (until 12.02.2020)
• Francis_Beneventi (until 21.04.2015)
• Donatello_Rastelli (until 05.04.2015)
• Fernando_Armani (until 31.12.2014)

ThaCrypte
Lead Administrator

March 4th, 2015, 5:45 pm

Xheka wrote:@ThaCrypte hope this is a good suggestion.
Talk with woot and when someone open a account it start showing this what you wrote or when you open a forum acc its good that this guide to be shown.It can help a lot newbies.
Nice guide by the way
Possible.

And gonza; where would you like more situations? At which section?
hehe

Dempseyy
Made man
Game name: Ted_Irving, Jason_Dempsey

March 4th, 2015, 5:55 pm

Well done Gandalf.
We are captives of our own identities...
Living in prisons of our own creation.

ThaCrypte
Lead Administrator

March 4th, 2015, 6:27 pm

Darien wrote:InB4HelperStatus
Thanks for the spoiler babe.
RoyalGold wrote:Well done Gandalf
Gandalf makes everything well done :D
hehe

Darkel
Caporegime
Game name: Darkel_Rosenberg, Alvie_Sinclair, Amelia_Sinclair

March 4th, 2015, 6:58 pm

Good job :)
Spoiler
Everything in the world is either Tits or isn't Tits.

I believed in angels when i saw her Tits.

I scream you scream, we all scream for Tits cream!

Calm your tits, soothe your boobs, de-stress your breasts, give that chest a rest and hakuna your tatas!

Nipple nipple little star, can I fuck you in my car?
Up above your boobies so high, always milky never dry!
Let me press it, don't feel shy!
Open your panty, let me try?!

ThaCrypte
Lead Administrator

March 4th, 2015, 7:17 pm

Thanks :D Will write the rest tomorrow/this weekend since I'm tired at the moment and hungry XD
hehe

Aleyaj
Enforcer
Game name: Daryl_Gates, Frank_Caci, Mario_Spera

March 5th, 2015, 3:00 pm

hehe littel motherfucker get helper finally
gz

Ali
Soldier
Game name: Joseph_Bertolucco, Kevin_Nicholas

March 7th, 2015, 12:26 pm

Okay, will you not complete this guide ?
Does being a helper change ? :(
That's a great one anyway.

ThaCrypte
Lead Administrator

March 8th, 2015, 2:55 am

Ali wrote:Okay, will you not complete this guide ?
Does being a helper change ? :(
That's a great one anyway.
I will complete it, don't worry :)
hehe

ThaCrypte
Lead Administrator

March 9th, 2015, 11:50 am

Updated
3.1 Jobs
Jobs are the source of income(money) for every new player on the server. On Italy Mafia there are different kind of jobs. You have legal jobs, and illegal jobs.

To get a legal job, you may head out to the city hall (use /gps > City Hall) and run run to the red marker at the desk. When you stand in this marker, you can select a job from the list that'll pop-up. If you already have a job, you may use /quitjob.

Illegal jobs are spread over Los Santos (use /gps to find them). These jobs have higher risks of being caught by the PD. For example when you do the carjacker job, you may set off a vehicle alarm and warn the cops, however there are not many vehicles that have such alarm installed.

• Legal jobs.
    • Farmer - Requires you to harvest crops at the farm located in the center San Andreas.
    • Detective - Used for roleplay purposes, people may hire you in order to find specific person.
    • Medic - Currently removed due to a previous faction. Perhaps one day it'll return.
    • Taxi Driver - People may call a taxi, and your job is to go to them, pick them up and deliver them to wherever they want to go.
    • Lawyer - Here you may bail out people from jail. However this requires some RP experience and the cooperation of the SAPD.
    • Mechanic - Here you'll be driving a towtruck and people will call you using /service mechanic; your job is to head there and fix or refuel their vehicle!
    • Garbage man - You'll be driving around Los Santos in a garbage truck, picking up garbage at checkpoints.
  • Illegal jobs.
    • Carjacker - Your goal is to find a specific vehicle, steal it and bring it back to a chop-shop(as I call it).
Fishing however ain't really a job in my opinion, but you can fish and sell your fish for money. Fishing is also suggested for new players, and so is trucking.

3.2 Clothes
Your clothes (AKA "skin") is important, as this reflects your character. You can change your clothes by writing "/clothes" in-game, a marker will be set to the nearest store. If it's out of stock, drive/walk around and see if there's another one near which is in stock. Once you're inside a clothes store, write /clothes <id>. You can find skin id's at: http://wiki.sa-mp.com/wiki/Skins:All .

hehe

Darien
Underboss
Game name: Darien_Enzo, Maria_McCarthy

March 9th, 2015, 3:14 pm

ThaCrypte wrote:
You're welcomes and congrats, I called it.

ThaCrypte
Lead Administrator

March 9th, 2015, 4:01 pm

Darien wrote:
ThaCrypte wrote:
You're welcomes and congrats, I called it.
Actually I posted that before I came helper, but still: spoiler xD
hehe

Kody Vendetta
Enforcer
Game name: Khalil_Coke

March 9th, 2015, 6:26 pm

ThaCrypte wrote:Updated
3.1 Jobs

• Legal jobs.
  • Illegal jobs.

3.2 Clothes

Nice. keep it up ;)
Hit it and quit it

Return to “Newbie Guides”