There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
PaC
Soldier
Game name: Ramires_DeMarco, Quinn_Miller, Ramirez_DeMarco

[L&A] Windows 11 - 1000Hz polling rate

May 8th, 2022, 5:47 pm

Howdy,

Ever since upgrading to Windows 11, I've been experiencing this issue where my game freezes constantly if I look around with 1k polling rate. If I decrease the polling rate to 125Hz, the game no longer lags but I can feel the mouse is not as responsive.

Do any of you if there's a way to play on 1k without the game freezing?

Gracias.
Last edited by PaC on May 10th, 2022, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mosquito
Made man
Game name: Salazar_Gotzone, Eli_Massalsky

Re: Windows 11 - 1000Hz polling rate

May 8th, 2022, 8:44 pm

high polling rates equal a higher CPU load..;- i think that could explain the freezing at 1k
also what mouse are you using?
The biggest motherfucker lives in los santos and stings with lead. One hit and you go nappy time."
π‘€π‘œπ“ˆπ“†π“Šπ’Ύπ“‰π‘œ

PaC
Soldier

May 8th, 2022, 9:13 pm

Mosquito wrote: ↑
high polling rates equal a higher CPU load..;- i think that could explain the freezing at 1k
I'm on a high end rig, more than capable to handle SAMP. The hardware isn't an issue. I ran the game on Windows 10 with the exact same settings and I didn't have a problem. Ever since upgrading to Windows 11, the issue happened.
Mouse wise, I'm using the Razer Viper Ultimate.

itzxy
Enforcer
Game name: Budak_Milo, Armando_Constavo

May 9th, 2022, 6:45 am

This is a known issue for a long time now in Windows 11 and is yet to be fixed.

I suggest staying at least at 500 or lower only for now till they fixed it otherwise just roll back to Windows 10.
Playing IM since 2012.
Quit SA-MP & IM. Active in forum.
Spoiler
PC Specifications:
MOBO: GIGABYTE B660M GAMING X DDR4 AX
CPU: INTEL CORE I5-12400F | 6 Cores 12 Threads
COOLER: AFTERSHOCK GLACIER MIRROR EDITION 240MM AIO
RAM: KLEVV CRAS XR RGB 16GB DDR4 3600 MHZ (8GBx2)
GPU: ZOTAC RTX 3060TI TWIN EDGE OC 8GB

28.05.2012 [KICK] by Sonny_Texas. Reason: Get a better attitude
woot is my sugar daddy

Mosquito
Made man

May 9th, 2022, 11:22 am

PaC wrote: ↑
I'm on a high end rig, more than capable to handle SAMP. The hardware isn't an issue. I ran the game on Windows 10 with the exact same settings and I didn't have a problem. Ever since upgrading to Windows 11, the issue happened.
Whats a high end rig nowadays lol ... and the CPU load stems from the polling rate, not samp so u dont have to defend ur rig being capapble to run it you say hardware isnt the issue hmm? What about the corresponding drivers, etc? Im on w11 with 1k polling rate and I dont have any issues at all so i dont think its w11 or your self-proclaimed hardware..., i assume you set the polling rate through Razer Synapse ye? Did you manually install any drivers or are you running on w11 drivers?
The biggest motherfucker lives in los santos and stings with lead. One hit and you go nappy time."
π‘€π‘œπ“ˆπ“†π“Šπ’Ύπ“‰π‘œ

PaC
Soldier

May 9th, 2022, 3:37 pm

itzxy wrote: ↑
May 9th, 2022, 6:45 am
This is a known issue for a long time now in Windows 11 and is yet to be fixed.

I suggest staying at least at 500 or lower only for now till they fixed it otherwise just roll back to Windows 10.
Yea, I was thinking about that too. Problem is, it also happens when it's on 500. It only works on 125.

May 9th, 2022, 11:22 am
Whats a high end rig nowadays lol ... and the CPU load stems from the polling rate, not samp so u dont have to defend ur rig being capapble to run it you say hardware isnt the issue hmm? What about the corresponding drivers, etc? Im on w11 with 1k polling rate and I dont have any issues at all so i dont think its w11 or your self-proclaimed hardware..., i assume you set the polling rate through Razer Synapse ye? Did you manually install any drivers or are you running on w11 drivers?
i7 12700k, 32 FURY DDR5-6000, MSI MPG Z690 CARBON, MSI GeForce 380 Ti Ventus. As I said, the hardware is not the issue.

Driver wise, yes, absolutely everything is up to date. Regarding Razer Synapse, yes. I am using it and selling the polling rate through it.

ItsDepsi
Server Helper
Game name: Calvin_ViCario, Vlad_ViCario

May 9th, 2022, 3:40 pm

i'd suggest to downgrade back to win 10 and wait for most of the bugs to be fixed on win 11 and try again to boot the system on that OPsystem , its a well known fact that win 11 is full of bugs at this moment .

PaC
Soldier

May 9th, 2022, 3:44 pm

ItsDepsi wrote: ↑
May 9th, 2022, 3:40 pm
i'd suggest to downgrade back to win 10 and wait for most of the bugs to be fixed on win 11 and try again to boot the system on that OPsystem , its a well known fact that win 11 is full of bugs at this moment .
Yea, I've heard a lot about that - though I didn't think this would be an issue on SAMP lol. I was just curious to try it out and see what the hype is all about. Downgrading and waiting a little longer would probably be the best option.

I wanted to see if there's a known fix for this issue.. apparently not.

Mosquito
Made man

May 9th, 2022, 4:38 pm

May 9th, 2022, 3:37 pm
i7 12700k, 32 FURY DDR5-6000, MSI MPG Z690 CARBON, MSI GeForce 380 Ti Ventus. As I said, the hardware is not the issue.

Driver wise, yes, absolutely everything is up to date. Regarding Razer Synapse, yes. I am using it and selling the polling rate through it.
I'll repeat my question :D
Did you install drivers manually or did you allow W11 to install those drivers? (handsfree)

PaC
Soldier

May 10th, 2022, 2:50 pm

Can be l&a'd.

issa knife
Enforcer
Game name: Angelo_Farace, Treyvon_Cousins

Re: [L&A] Windows 11 - 1000Hz polling rate

May 10th, 2022, 3:07 pm

This thread is now archived.