There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
K3
Retired Admin
Game name: Sarah_Kelroy, Marco_Barese

We know we're awesome, but please..

July 8th, 2012, 11:59 am

Greetings babes.

After several problems with players breaking off our community to create their own version of our script, we have decided to enlist sanctions to players owning, administrating and advertising for these copies of our community.
Being an owner of a copy will get you banned permamently from our server and community, without the right to appeal for at least one year.
Should you be found administrating a server, you will also be put in risk of receiving a permanent ban, though not instantly. However; if you are found advertising and spreading the copy amongst our players either by private messages, e-mail or the liking you will receive an instant permanent ban from the community without the ability to appeal at any time in the future.

As many know, we've had problems with a previous server owner selling an outdated, malfunctioning version of our script. This lead to a lot of small Italy Mafia-based communities that imitated nearly all functions on our server, the originial and legit version.
We're not interested having our community torn apart again, as happened once before where half the players played on one server, and the rest on another. We wish to continue being One and to bring you entertainment.

Creating a copy of this server leads to several things, you destroy the unique Italy Mafia and spread it across several communities, you take away players and you make this community and its staff look unprofessional by ruining the integrity they/the community has.

TL;DR Don't create, admin or advertise a copy of this server, it will have a severe impact on your future as a member of Italy Mafia.

Strudelpopje

Re: We know we're awesome, but please..

July 8th, 2012, 12:17 pm

My opinion is that when they copy it, they shouldn't even have the slighest chance to EVER appeal an unban. When they do it, they're either lazy to make their own script or even worse, are doing it to tear this community apart.

woap
Outsider
Game name: Santo_Pearce, Christopher_Humphrey

July 8th, 2012, 12:21 pm

I haven't done it, i swear.

Morris Callahan
Associate
Game name: Stathis_Theoxaris, Morris_Callahan, Mike_Morelli

July 8th, 2012, 12:26 pm

Strudelpopje wrote:My opinion is that when they copy it, they shouldn't even have the slighest chance to EVER appeal an unban. When they do it, they're either lazy to make their own script or even worse, are doing it to tear this community apart.

Thomas
Soldier
Game name: Thomas_Toro, Thomas_MacDermott

July 8th, 2012, 12:29 pm

I would like to know who wastes his time on copying/stealing IM script, since they can't do a better version of it aka won't get any success = useless
Last edited by Thomas on July 8th, 2012, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas MacDermott

Spoiler
Past characters:
Thomas Capelli
Thomas Paterno
Thomas Corleone
Thomas Hudson
Thomas Toro
Thomas Jay
Eire Laosieach
Thomas Stracci
Carlos Phantom
Jesus Chapa

Deck
Made man
Game name: Nate_Harman

July 8th, 2012, 1:01 pm

They're stupid for even trying. This community will always have more players, regardless of whether their own community has full RP or not.

Alex
Outsider
Game name: Tommy_Verdone

July 8th, 2012, 1:21 pm

This should also consider distributors of the IM script. Since if someone owns the script and distributes it or TRIES to distribute to it should face also punishments.

Its like drug dealers, dealers get punished and so do users
Not every story has a happy ending.
Inactivity Status: Permanent.
For those who want to get in contact with me over Skype: Pingbyter

Aleya BANNED

July 8th, 2012, 4:28 pm

Since all rights are reserved for Italy Mafia Roleplay server, and people steal the Scripts, I think the administration of SA:MP should remove/handle the thiny with the server if you, as admins and owners report the servers to the SA:MP administration. But what I am sure about is that even if people will make same scripted servers, Italy Mafia will stay as it is, our Lovely Community.

Giovanni
Outsider
Game name: Giovanni_Tattaglia

July 8th, 2012, 6:27 pm

Rofl.

Alex
Outsider
Game name: Tommy_Verdone

July 8th, 2012, 6:29 pm

T-Joe wrote:Since all rights are reserved for Italy Mafia Roleplay server, and people steal the Scripts, I think the administration of SA:MP should remove/handle the thiny with the server if you, as admins and owners report the servers to the SA:MP administration. But what I am sure about is that even if people will make same scripted servers, Italy Mafia will stay as it is, our Lovely Community.
SA:MP does not have jurisdiction to take such action. I am not sure if this would be a suable offence, since if it would, there would be no problem with the copyings.

EDIT: Chokolate bear is a law student right? He can sue dem asses!
Not every story has a happy ending.
Inactivity Status: Permanent.
For those who want to get in contact with me over Skype: Pingbyter

DanielVodka

July 8th, 2012, 6:51 pm

Received and understood ^^

Giovanni
Outsider
Game name: Giovanni_Tattaglia

July 8th, 2012, 7:26 pm

Sueing people for "stealing" an old version of the script? :lol: , that's exactly what woot did when Laurrent's IM was around.
MacKenzie wrote: This lead to a lot of small Italy Mafia-based communities that imitated nearly all functions on our server, the originial and legit version.
Proves how much woot have been scripting for "IM".
MacKenzie wrote: We're not interested having our community torn apart again, as happened once before where half the players played on one server, and the rest on another. We wish to continue being One and to bring you entertainment.

Creating a copy of this server leads to several things, you destroy the unique Italy Mafia and spread it across several communities, you take away players and you make this community and its staff look unprofessional by ruining the integrity they/the community has.

TL;DR Don't create, admin or advertise a copy of this server, it will have a severe impact on your future as a member of Italy Mafia.
Everyone left Lau's IM and came here because his server was RP and woot was going to create a RPG one with Algren, and now you blame people for doing the same shit you did to all other fake ass IM servers? Me and Luigi have been around for so many "IM remakes" like this one, and everyone have one thing in common. You all use "Italymafia Roleplay" as a front, then when you get people and donators you basically become gods and ruin the server with your shitty ideas and rules, then you wonder why people leave. I knew same shit would happen here as to all other fake IM's when you switched to "RP-mode", i've said my piece ciao.

K3
Retired Admin

July 8th, 2012, 7:38 pm

Giovanni wrote:Sueing people for "stealing" an old version of the script? :lol: , that's exactly what woot did when Laurrent's IM was around.
MacKenzie wrote: This lead to a lot of small Italy Mafia-based communities that imitated nearly all functions on our server, the originial and legit version.
MacKenzie wrote: We're not interested having our community torn apart again, as happened once before where half the players played on one server, and the rest on another. We wish to continue being One and to bring you entertainment.

Everyone left Lau's IM and came here because his server was RP and woot was going to create a RPG one with Algren, and now you blame people for doing the same shit you did to all other fake ass IM servers? Me and Luigi have been around for so many "IM remakes" like this one, and everyone have one thing in common. You all use "Italymafia Roleplay" as a front, then when you get people and donators you basically become gods and ruin the server with your shitty ideas and rules, then you wonder why people leave. I knew same shit would happen here as to all other fake IM's when you switched to "RP-mode", i've said my piece ciao.
You're unbelievable. Honestly. Just get out of here if that's what you're going to be like.

Tony_Tagliano
Outsider
Game name: Tony_Tagliano

July 8th, 2012, 7:54 pm

MacKenzie wrote:
Giovanni wrote:Sueing people for "stealing" an old version of the script? :lol: , that's exactly what woot did when Laurrent's IM was around.

You're unbelievable. Honestly. Just get out of here if that's what you're going to be like.
What Luigi said.
I've seen fake IM's and they all suck and they their community is nothing as OUR community. This one has the best friendly, strictly and helpful staff and players. I've tested RP servers with 300+ servers and I test their staff, helpfulness and such and there's nothing friendly with them. Same to most of the players
Our community is as said, friendly. Helpful. And they take shit for real.

And my memory about IM at late 2007 - early 2008 is, stricly RP and when i joined again in september 2011, the server Just changed to RP. Thank god for that.
OT: would be Nice If We could ban the players at those servers aswell but give them a chance to return if they really want it.

Used my phone... Grammar + spelling = blame HTC desire hd.
Retired Player, Helper & Radio DJ.
September 2011 - Mars 2013.
Spoiler
Characters:
Tony_Corleone - Godfather - Corleone 05.2012 - 01.01.2013
Tony_Tagliano - Underboss - Rizzuto
Tony_Tagliano - Caporegime - Barzini. - around december in 2011.
Cesar_Dominguez - Caporegime - Paterno Begining 2012.

Jack_Hilton - Italy Mafia Player 2008-2009 Lieutenant in LVPD, SDC , Sgarrista in Leone, Corleone & Stracci[/align]

Deck
Made man
Game name: Nate_Harman

July 8th, 2012, 8:00 pm

Tony_Tagliano wrote:OT: would be Nice If We could ban the players at those servers aswell but give them a chance to return if they really want it.
I disagree. That's a little bit far for me. You yourself said that you've tried the fake IMs..

K3
Retired Admin

July 8th, 2012, 8:10 pm

Deck wrote:
Tony_Tagliano wrote:OT: would be Nice If We could ban the players at those servers aswell but give them a chance to return if they really want it.
I disagree. That's a little bit far for me. You yourself said that you've tried the fake IMs..
I agree. Banning the players won't solve anything. They have the right to play wherever they want to.

Shadow
Enforcer
Game name: Leo_Court, James_Hunt

July 8th, 2012, 8:11 pm

I've already reported several people to woot, I hope he re-reads his PM's.
Don't even think about it.

Retired Server Helper
Retired Owner of Italy Mafia Radio (Los Santos Smash Hits)
Retired T0 Governement, SASF, PD, FBI, Cuneo
Player since 2011.

Tony_Tagliano
Outsider
Game name: Tony_Tagliano

July 8th, 2012, 9:07 pm

MacKenzie wrote:
Deck wrote:
I agree. Banning the players won't solve anything. They have the right to play wherever they want to.
True Deck, tho this was to find the names of the different players to bring it further to woot / ozzy.

i only said what i felt about people leaving the legit IM for another fake one.
Retired Player, Helper & Radio DJ.
September 2011 - Mars 2013.
Spoiler
Characters:
Tony_Corleone - Godfather - Corleone 05.2012 - 01.01.2013
Tony_Tagliano - Underboss - Rizzuto
Tony_Tagliano - Caporegime - Barzini. - around december in 2011.
Cesar_Dominguez - Caporegime - Paterno Begining 2012.

Jack_Hilton - Italy Mafia Player 2008-2009 Lieutenant in LVPD, SDC , Sgarrista in Leone, Corleone & Stracci[/align]

Xray

July 8th, 2012, 10:35 pm

Shadow wrote:I've already reported several people to woot, I hope he re-reads his PM's.
who?
*Shits his pants*

Ryan
Enforcer
Game name: Richard_Peverelli

July 8th, 2012, 10:58 pm

Xray wrote:
Shadow wrote:I've already reported several people to woot, I hope he re-reads his PM's.
who?
*Shits his pants*
LOL

Ozzy
Legend
Game name: Craig_Collins

July 9th, 2012, 2:00 pm

If you call anything else than light RP, you must be very confused. Yes, we did rename the server to RP instead of RPG, we did change some rules/punishments. Basically, we tried to make it a bit easier for people who WANT to roleplay to be able to actually do that, without having idiots ruining it for them.

Sure, some features changed but it doesn't really matter if we have "RP" or "RPG" in the server name, because people still behave the same way. Want things changed? Use the suggestion section, it may not be accepted the first time but if you try again later it might just work..

We're going off topic, so I'm locking this.

zaider
Caporegime
Game name: Jason_Reynolds

March 30th, 2013, 2:08 am

BUMP.
Y.N.W.A

Return to “Community Announcements”