A copy of CrossOver for Mac (https://www.codeweavers.com/products/crossover-mac/)
GTA SA disk or ISO (This tutorial will use an ISO, however the same steps can be followed for a disk)
If using an ISO, ensure you have a no CD crack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWl0-zMVxfo - Watch it in [email protected] goodness here
Installation of GTA San Andreas
- Mount your GTA SA CD or ISO by double clicking it. It will now show as a folder in the sidebar of your finder
- Open CrossOver from either your Applications folder or the Spotlight search tool.
- CrossOver will now display some options in the menu bar at the top of your screen.
- Of these options, select Configure, then select Install Software
- When the window loads, search for "San Andreas" and select GTA: San Andreas. It will be found under Community Supported Applications
- Press Proceed.
- Crossover will now ask you where you wish to install the game from, you should select Choose Installer File and browse for the setup.exe on your GTA SA disc or ISO
- Crossover recommends using a New Windows XP bottle for your game installation - seeing as each game is virtualized separately, this should be left as default.
- Select a name for your bottle if you wish. Otherwise it will default to Grand Theft Auto San Andreas.
- Press Install
- Go through the GTA installation as per usual - this may take some time.
Install a No-CD Crack
Only follow these steps if you need to install one of these.
- Crossover defaults the install location to your Application Support directory. To get to this directory you must Open Finder.
- When you have opened finder, go to the Go menu, and select Go to Folder - paste the following in
Code: Select all
- Inside this directory, you should see a folder called Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, open it and browse to the installation directory
Code: Select all
drive_c/Program Files/Rockstar Games/Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
- You will see a file called gta_sa.exe - rename this file to gta_sa_original.exe
- Paste in your no-cd crack, and rename it to gta_sa.exe
Ensure you have the SA:MP installer downloaded before continuing.
- Close Crossover fully by right clicking on it (Shift+Click or two finger click) on the dock.
- Open Crossover again
- In the Crossover Menu press Configure and then Install Software
- Scroll to the bottom of the list of software, and select Other software
- Go to the next step, and choose your SA:MP installer
- Go to the next step - Select the same bottle you used to install Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas into.
- Install SA:MP as usual
- A finder window will now pop up with the Run SA:MP application within. Use this to launch SA:MP
Performance will be much lower than when being run natively on Windows. I recommend using Boot camp to dual boot Windows. However, if you do not wish to do this Crossover should be good enough
GTA SA Runs well on Crossover using Intel Iris Graphics
If you have a Retina Macbook - ensure you use a scaled resolution lower than your native display. This is for performance purposes.
On a 13" Macbook Pro (Retina or Non Retina) use a resolution of 1280x800
On a 15" Macbook Pro (Retina) use a resolution of 1440x900
PM me the scaled resolutions if you wish for me to add to this list
To access the GTA SA installation finder using finder, browse to
Code: Select all