There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
R0M4N
Soldier
Game name: Frank_Roman, Roman_Volkov, Adam_Deville

[woot] problem launching the game

April 14th, 2017, 1:51 am

launcher takes a long time like 2 to 3 minutes to actually launch the GTA_SA.exe i simply run it, after entering my user name and pw i confirm it and press launch, then it moves to the background i can see it's seasion in the task manager but it wont run GTA! so i end the task from the task manager without ending GTA.exe task and open launcher all over again several times till it actually launches the game!
Last edited by R0M4N on April 14th, 2017, 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

RoGuE
Made man
Game name: Denver_Callahan

Re: [LAUNCHER] problem launching the game

April 14th, 2017, 4:41 am

Barely happens to me. Go to Task Manager > Details bar > End IMRP.Launcher.exe and gta_as.exe > start again. Are you using any other program that affect your problem? Running two gta_sa.exe at once? and If you run gta_sa.exe using SAMP client. Works fine?

Is it like that every time your try to open GTA SA ? or rarely?

R0M4N
Soldier

Re: [LAUNCHER] problem launching the game

April 14th, 2017, 5:37 am

RoGuE wrote:Barely happens to me. Go to Task Manager > Details bar > End IMRP.Launcher.exe and gta_as.exe > start again. Are you using any other program that affect your problem? Running two gta_sa.exe at once? and If you run gta_sa.exe using SAMP client. Works fine?

Is it like that every time your try to open GTA SA ? or rarely?
first of all thanks for taking the time to help me solve my issue, well I don't have any programs that affect my problem, I don't run two gta_sa.exe together, and when i use the SAMP browser it works just fine, and it happens always with me.

Flamey
SA Police Department
Game name: Luigi_Simpson, Ivan_Grozny

Re: [woot] problem launching the game

April 14th, 2017, 7:55 am

Try replacing your gta_sa.exe file. It might be some other version and not v1.0 . Also , this happens to me ONLY when I time out and try to relog. I fix it by endinh the IMRP.launcher task

R0M4N
Soldier

April 14th, 2017, 8:03 am

Canceraptor wrote:Try replacing your gta_sa.exe file. It might be some other version and not v1.0 . Also , this happens to me ONLY when I time out and try to relog. I fix it by endinh the IMRP.launcher task
thanks for taking the time to read this and trying to help me, but I already downloaded a new version of GTA SA and problem persists.

RoGuE
Made man
Game name: Denver_Callahan

April 14th, 2017, 8:13 am

Then the problem is with your launcher. Probably...
Try this...
woot wrote:Delete the ".im-rp" folder in %appdata% and re-start the launcher.
Windowskey + R -> write "%appdata%" -> press enter -> locate ".im-rp" folder and delete it.
Make sure you selected the correct GTA SA directory using the "settings" icon in the launcher

woot
Consigliere
Game name: Adam_Cooper

April 14th, 2017, 8:14 am

you probably have a huge file in your GTA SA folder which takes too long to check
:D

Fuzzy
Made man
Game name: Leo_Scarpelli

April 14th, 2017, 8:24 am

try to re-install gta sa with out mods and check if it opens..
Fuzzy.

R0M4N
Soldier

April 14th, 2017, 8:59 am

woot wrote:you probably have a huge file in your GTA SA folder which takes too long to check
my connection was the reason, i got it fixed now it works just fine, thanks for whoever helped me RoGuE, Canceraptor, Fuzzy.

Eduardo
Made man
Game name: Victor_Makarov, Patrick_McGuigan

April 15th, 2017, 3:41 am

Answered.
By the way, in cases like this, it can be the disc too. While I was using windows 10, the disc usage used to jump to 100% and I wouldn't be able to run it, I would have had the same problem.

Amanda
Trial Administrator
Game name: Amanda_Jansen, Amanda_Benzer

April 15th, 2017, 9:38 am

fixed
Rest in Peace S.D.C. 2016-10-24
Hall of fame.
'T1 LSPD
T1 SDC
T0 SDC
Server Helper

Italy Mafia RP
Community bot!
Game name: SERVER

April 15th, 2017, 9:38 am

The question has been answered!
If you still want to discuss this matter, please contact a moderator and ask for the thread to be re-opened!
Community bot.

Return to “Answered”