There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
Aleya BANNED

(!) Common issues and solutions [FAQ]

May 31st, 2013, 1:59 pm

Common issues and solutions [FAQ]
Topic published: 31/05/2013
Last alternative: 31/05/2013
Made by Aleya & Xanarki for © Italy Mafia Community, all rights reserved.
First of all and before you ask questions or request support, please visit our official F.A.Qs here: http://sa-mp.im/faq/ ; also, use the Search function to avoid double submissions.
We have a live in-game and chat channel support 24/7 almost, so if you want quick answers, visit http://sa-mp.im/chat/ and nick-alert an admin/user there to get his attention.
NOTICE to Moderators: This is not a newbie guide, this topic should belong to this section as it summers almost all requested support and questions, please do not move it to newbie guides but sticky it if possible.
-
It is advised for MTA and/or SA:MP technical supports to visit their forums and ask for support there; you should receive a quicker and more professional support by doing so.

Useful guides:

I have registered but it still says you need to register?
- Well, after the registration, you are required to go to the e-mail you have registered with and activate your account.

It says "Server closed connection" when I attempt to login?
- Reasons for seeing the message can be either of the following:
  • You are using the wrong version of SAMP (Italy Mafia is running under SA:MP 0.3x);
  • You have not yet registered a character on our server (Bare in mind that there's a difference between Matteo_Ricci and matteo_ricci - You are required to use capital letters - Firstname_Lastname);
  • You are having a real huge ping or you are a bit far away from your modem;
  • You are using an incorrect name through SAMP;
  • Your IP is currently banned (It should say "You are banned from this server" or sometimes "Server closed connection").
Server not responding; why?
- Please, please, please, before you ask this question, head to live support & chat channel (http://sa-mp.im/chat/) and see if you find ItalyMafia[X] bots.- Not finding these bots means the server is down. There is also another way to know if the server is down or not; simply by attempting to enter any other server. If you succeed, it means our server is down or under maintenance.
In case the server is down, please stay lively updated on our chat channel or forums. woot, the server owner, is the only one able to re-start the server so you have to be patient.

I want to get a name change but I cannot donate?
- There is no way you will get a free name change, do not even bother the management about that because it will be unfair that you get a name-change for free when people had to donate and spend money to get it. Simply, and gently, ask a donator if he can donate the minimum amount to get a name-change or find a way to donate.

Where are the screen-shots located?
- Visit this link viewtopic.php?f=12&t=25474 .

Name-changes on forums?
- You will be able to change your forum username if and only if you are in the Donator (yellow) user-group. If you have donated and still not invited to the group, contact woot about the issue and provide him with the donation's transaction ID.

Abbreviations & smilies in SMS?
- It is allowed, but take this as an advice: If your character is mature, it is better if you do not use them as it is sort of unrealistic. Remember that in real life mafias don't use smilies etc.. as it will show they are sort of immature.

I have donated for a house/car but I didn't get it?
- woot is the only one who gives these items, so you need to wait until you see him online. Once you do, use /irc to contact him and explain your issue.
Xanarki wrote:Is your GTA:SA crashing, freezing, giving you annoying error messages, or something else?
-
Spoiler
The following fixes may or may not cure your problems of your game freezing or crashing, alt+tabbing being fucked up, or something else.
Compatibility
This is the most common "fix" for most problems. Right click your gta_sa.exe (or samp.exe if you're experiencing client problems) and goto properties. Enter the compatibility tab and check the box that says Run this program in compatibility mode for:. Select the Windows XP (Service Pack 2) option. After that, check the box that says Disable desktop composition. Click OK. If this fails, repeat the steps but instead choose Windows 98 as the compatibility option.
Solution supported for: Windows Vista
eax.dll
This new file was built to fix some sound problems in GTA:SA, but it also somehow affects how alt+tabbing in Vista is performed. Goto http://files.ngohq.com/games/eax.zip and download the eax.dll file. Replace this file with the one in your GTA:SA folder (wherever gta_sa.exe is at...you'll find the original dax.dll file somewhere there).
d3d9.dll
Delete the file d3d9.dll in your GTA:SA folder (wherever gta_sa.exe is at...you'll find the d3d9.dll file somewhere there).
Solution supported for: Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 98
Windowed*
This file will run GTA:SA in windowed mode, and thus no alt+tabbing is needed. Goto http://files.filefront.com/GTA+Window+M ... einfo.html and download the .zip file. Extract the d3d9.dll file with the one in your GTA:SA folder (wherever gta_sa.exe is at...you'll find the original d3d9.dll file somewhere there). Please note that this is not supported by the latest version of the SA-MP client.
Hardware Acceleration (Sound)
Goto start and then run. Type in dxdiag.exe and click OK. Enter the sound tab and glance at the hardware acceleration bar. Set the slider to basic and click exit. If this doesn't help, do the above steps again, but change the slide to none instead.
Solution supported for: Windows XP, Windows 98
Hardware Acceleration (Graphics)
Goto your desktop and right click to bring up the menu, and click on properties. Goto the settings tab and click the advanced button. Goto the performance tab, and glance at the hardware acceleration bar. Set the slider to basic and click OK. If this doesn't help, do the above steps again, but change the slide to none instead.
Solution supported for: Windows 98
gta_sa.set
Goto your My Documents folder (its location varies depending on what OS you have). Click on the GTA San Andreas User Files folder, and delete the gta_sa.set file.
SA-MP 0.3x
Head to http://dl.gta-sa-mp.de/samp/sa-mp-0.3x-R1-2-install.exe and download the latest SA-MP client.
Mods
It's suggest that after installing a mod, you rebuild archive in IMGTools. If you don't install mods, then this won't help you.
When you install a bugged mod which causes your game to crash on starting and replacing your GTA3 doesn't solve the problem. You need to go to the "Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models" folder and click the 'compatibility files' tab below the My Computer address bar and delete the GTA3 file inside that.
GTA:SA 1.0
This is common sense, but it's being posted anyway. Make sure that your GTA:SA isn't at version 1.1. If it is, you'll have to find the patch that downgrades the version from 1.1 to 1.0. I'm not able to provide a link due to forum rules.
No-CD
If you're in dire need, then search for a 1.0 no-cd crack for GTA:SA. I'm not able to provide a link due to forum rules.
Firewall
Be sure that your firewall isn't blocking gta_sa.exe from running.
Modem (Vista)
Windows Vista makes it easier to restart your cable modem (if you're having trouble connecting to the server). Right click the Network Connections icon in the bottom-right corner of your screen. Click on Network and Sharing Center. Click View Status (next to Local Area Connection). Click the Disable button and then close. You'll lose connection to the internet at this point. On the Sharing Center page, you'll notice that one of the green "connection" lines is grayed out and has an X on it. Click that line. This should restart your modem.
Modem (XP/98)
Another way to restart your modem (and the most ideal way in the older versions of Windows) is to restart your modem manually. First, turn off your PC. After that, disconnect your cable modem from your PC, and turn it off (via the power strip). Wait one minute, and plug the cable back in your PC. Wait another minute, and turn everything on.
Solution supported for: Windows XP, Windows 98
Reinstall
This might seem like common sense, but some people simply draw blanks. Reinstall GTA:SA!
Administrator Mode
This works best if you have multiple users running on the PC. Right click any program that you wish to run, and select Run as administrator.
Video Card
Head to http://www.driveragent.com/ to update your video card. It's free and easy to use.
Moving Folders*
As mentioned above, reinstalling GTA:SA is a easy way to fix some problems. If you want to take another step if your game still doesn't work, then simply try to install GTA:SA to a new folder. I'm not sure why, but this has worked on some occasions.
CPUIce/Speedfan
CPUIce and Speedfan are programs that's built to "cool" your computer. Due to this, it may take some weights off of it, thus increasing the performance of your game. The best way to find either program is Google.
Solution supported for: Windows Vista, Windows XP

I've actually tested and used every "solution" listed above (except the ones with a *). Different computers will bring different results. By following the above suggestions, you agree that Xanarki (myself) is not liable for any damage done. I'm just trying to share some knowledge that I've collected over the years.

I don't plan to provide support for Windows 2000 or ME (both suck ass and if you still run 'em, go die or something). If you have any problems, just reply here. Just don't PM me for the love of God.

José
Outsider
Game name: Jeffrey_Capardi

Re: (!) Common issues and solutions [FAQ]

May 31st, 2013, 10:26 pm

Well done.

Aleya BANNED

Re: (!) Common issues and solutions [FAQ]

May 31st, 2013, 10:38 pm

Who moved it to Newbie Guides? -.--.-.-.--.-.-.-.-.--.-..-..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.--.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.--.-.---.---.-.-.-.-.-.--.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.---.-.

Return to “Outdated Guides”