There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
Captain 3oom

Parkour?

June 6th, 2012, 5:56 pm

I installed GTA SA and SAMP yesterday (w. disc 1 & disc 2) - When I press C I standing up and down instead of crounching and when I press LMB (the button you hit someone with) you do a backflip like Bruce Lee or smthing, I thought this was something added as a new SAMP feature but I got annoyed of it, since you cant crounch so I asked around on IRC but noone answer me, then I asked a old friend of mine who stated that nothing of these features are added.
But I dont have any mods installed, I dont even have CLEO installed.

Here you got some more detailed explanation in pictures:

K3
Retired Admin
Game name: Sarah_Kelroy, Marco_Barese

Re: Parkour?

June 6th, 2012, 6:02 pm

Did you have any mods installed prior to reinstalling?

Stevens
Outsider
Game name: Larry_Stevens

June 6th, 2012, 6:03 pm

he try to show me this but all it look like was him crouching to me and when he punched he would move backwards as he punched.

Ozzy
Legend
Game name: Craig_Collins

June 6th, 2012, 6:04 pm

Did you download the game illegally? If you did, the uploader might've included the parkour mod or something..

Captain 3oom

June 6th, 2012, 6:09 pm

Deck wrote:My 0.02 on this is:

You've accidentally used a parkour mod on the server, you're now posting here to try and cover it up by pretending it's a bug that is, by the way, non existent.

And trying to challenge you on this, you'll probably write "i wouldnt post it here if it was a secret", but yes you would. :)
(EDIT: Secret as in, that you accidentally used the mod.)

If I'm wrong and this is in fact a "known" SA:MP bug, then I will apologise profusely.
Err noone can see that I'm using this expect me, when I press LMB it looks like I do a backflip for others it looks like I'm hiting with my fists. The only reason I'm posting this here is not to cover anything up, it's not like I can run on walls or smthing with this, or actually I dont know... But I want to get rid of it as fast as possible as it interrupt my gameplay.

MacKenzie wrote:Did you have any mods installed prior to reinstalling?
No the game was installed yersterday and I've not have enough of time to install cleo or any other mod.

K3
Retired Admin
Game name: Sarah_Kelroy, Marco_Barese

June 6th, 2012, 6:09 pm

Ozzy wrote:Did you download the game illegally? If you did, the uploader might've included the parkour mod or something..
That's a possibility as well.
Check your GTA root folder, see if you've got a CLEO folder. If you do, delete it as well as CLEO.asi from the GTA San Andreas root.

RasimJackson
Retired Admin
Game name: Rasim Jackson

June 6th, 2012, 6:10 pm

It must be the parkour mod, there is no other way that you can jump like that.
Rasim Jackson
. . .

Captain 3oom

June 6th, 2012, 6:11 pm

Ozzy wrote:Did you download the game illegally? If you did, the uploader might've included the parkour mod or something..
Yes the game is copied from piratebay, SAMP was followed within the file.

-- June 6th, 2012, 6:12 pm --
RasimJackson wrote:It must be the parkour mod, there is no other way that you can jump like that.
But I dont even have any mods installed, if I had this as a cleo mod I would delete it asap, also noticed.. when someone else crunch they do the same, backflip and this up and down thing.

-- June 6th, 2012, 6:13 pm --
MacKenzie wrote:
That's a possibility as well.
Check your GTA root folder, see if you've got a CLEO folder. If you do, delete it as well as CLEO.asi from the GTA San Andreas root.
Already been looking for a CLEO folder, that was the first thing I did before posting this.

I thought it was a new SAMP feature but then I started asking around and noone had the same problem. I've been kept asking on IRC aswell but they thought I was crazy or smthing.

-- June 6th, 2012, 6:18 pm --

I found a file called pk or smthing I've deleted it but I still face the same problem

RasimJackson
Retired Admin
Game name: Rasim Jackson

June 6th, 2012, 6:19 pm

The parkour mod does not need to be a CLEO mod. This mod here: http://www.gtainside.com/download.php?d ... 7&orderBy=, changes certain animations and makes it look like parkour, which could be the exact thing you have. To fix this, you would need a clean ped.ifp file. Which I uploaded for you here: http://lh.rs/XZIdF1J0NFdq

The file should be placed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\anim or wherever your GTA is installed. This should fix your problem, but I am not sure.
Rasim Jackson
. . .

Captain 3oom

June 6th, 2012, 6:25 pm

Yeah it worked, thx everyone that u responded so fast and solved this problem so quickly : )

Deck
Made man
Game name: Nate_Harman

June 6th, 2012, 6:25 pm

3oom wrote:Yeah it worked, thx everyone that u responded so fast and solved this problem so quickly : )
I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions earlier, by the way.

Return to “Answered”