There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
wiz
Soldier
Game name: Dario_Bonacci

Re: Revised Turf System

April 6th, 2015, 5:10 pm

Darien wrote:
wiz wrote:
Darien wrote:The update looks good in writing, but in the DM Section of the reports, it's not going to look as good.

I think something should be done, maybe even a "You are entering a turfed area, your name has been automatically turned on"
Isn't that concidered as metagaming but in this case the server automatically makes you metagame? XD

I thought woot allowed MG in cases like this? correct me if i'm wrong but isn't that how it's always been? I mean at least that's what people like Luigi, carlito, etc say?
Idk you're probably right it just popped up to me ;)

Casper
Retired Admin
Game name: Antonio_Rigazzi

April 6th, 2015, 5:10 pm

Luigi Tattaglia wrote:Simply forcin restricted skins will solve it lol
As stated on another page, just follow the guy you think is "guilty" if he looks suspicious, if you then find out it's him, you take him out, not everything has to be handed over on a silver plate.

I don't see why people complain about new stuff, what's wrong with changes?

Luigi Tattaglia
Retired Admin
Game name: Clint_Marshall, Luigi_Tattaglia

April 6th, 2015, 5:12 pm

Casper wrote:
As stated on another page, just follow the guy you think is "guilty" if he looks suspicious, if you then find out it's him, you take him out, not everything has to be handed over on a silver plate.

"Not everything has to be handed on a silver plate."

In this case that applies to punishments, yes? You are tryin to present this as a complaint against something that can be done IC, but it can't be done IC without breaking the rules all the time.

Some player could randomly go into a 24/7, hardware or deliberately do it to have a reason to report. What then?
Last edited by Luigi Tattaglia on April 6th, 2015, 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bossnigguh
Head Administrator
Game name: Carlito_Tattaglia, Frank_Turner

April 6th, 2015, 5:12 pm

I always wanted to see back forced reserved skins on official factions like we used to have. IM script is mostly based on faction rivalries, simply forcing skins would bring less confusion regarding everything.

Darien
Underboss
Game name: Darien_Enzo, Maria_McCarthy

April 6th, 2015, 5:13 pm

Luigi Tattaglia wrote:
Darien wrote:
wiz wrote:
Darien wrote:The update looks good in writing, but in the DM Section of the reports, it's not going to look as good.

I think something should be done, maybe even a "You are entering a turfed area, your name has been automatically turned on"
Isn't that concidered as metagaming but in this case the server automatically makes you metagame? XD

I thought woot allowed MG in cases like this? correct me if i'm wrong but isn't that how it's always been? I mean at least that's what people like Luigi, carlito, etc say? And.... I promise if I respond to a biz robbery with name on and civ skin on my PD account I will get shot and PM'ed "You're a cop, not DM" So.... Not like you guys don't do it anyways.
If we respond to a turf because its blinking on a map/because a text notified us about it, then its MG from the start, but its obviously allowed to respond.

Theres no guidelines anyway, everyone can claim whatever they want lol
Exactly, so... I go back to my original suggestion "You are entering a turfed area, your name has been automatically turned on" - I'm not an illegal other then on my Alt which I don't play on much, but as a former admin and a basic understanding of the mentality of 90% of the players, I can tell you that everyone in the turf area will get shot, and the DM section will be flooded.

Slice
SASF Member
Game name: Garry_Fitzpatrick, James_Wood, Saimei_Kazuya, Jeremy_Fletcher

April 6th, 2015, 5:13 pm

Luigi Tattaglia wrote:Everyone should be forced to use reserved skins during turftakeovers to avoid useless reports, otherwise everyone inside the turf becomes a legitimate target as you can't make up who is going for a biz or not.
Confirming

Ayden
Caporegime
Game name: Ayden_Brayden, Adrika_Veronin

April 6th, 2015, 5:15 pm

nice one. As everyone said. Make restricted skins forced during turf takeover.

FoxMan
SAPD High Command
Game name: Francesco_Mangano, Francesco_Martinez

April 6th, 2015, 5:15 pm

Ye carlito has a good point how should we know enemies... and who to shoot

Casper
Retired Admin

April 6th, 2015, 5:16 pm

Luigi Tattaglia wrote:
Casper wrote:

Some player could randomly go into a 24/7, hardware or deliberately do it to have a reason to report. What then?
Follow him..
Have you ever seen anyone hiding on a turftakeover in the old system?

Luigi Tattaglia
Retired Admin

April 6th, 2015, 5:19 pm

Casper wrote: Follow him..
Yes, everyone? At least after we started doing it first.

Its impossible to follow because there will be like 30 others shooting you.
Last edited by Luigi Tattaglia on April 6th, 2015, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slice
SASF Member

nice deleting reply makke

Darien
Underboss

Makke wrote:Don't shoot if they are only going to one entrance? follow them? if they they are doing it more than once, just shoot.
Let's say in theory the Turf only has 6 Biz's inside, Corleone has 13 members online. That mean EACH member only has to go to 2 checkpoints, there is no time to wait for them to go to more then 1, you have to shoot and pray at that point. unless I don't understand this new system fully?

Casper
Retired Admin

April 6th, 2015, 5:20 pm

Luigi Tattaglia wrote:
You didn't get me right,

Have you ever seen any random guy hiding(who's not involved in the turf take over)?

Slice
SASF Member

Darien wrote:
Makke wrote:Don't shoot if they are only going to one entrance? follow them? if they they are doing it more than once, just shoot.
Let's say in theory the Turf only has 6 Biz's inside, Corleone has 13 members online. That mean EACH member only has to go to 2 checkpoints, there is no time to wait for them to go to more then 1, you have to shoot and pray at that point. unless I don't understand this new system fully?
Most of the turf has more than 6 bizs??

Gazzar
SA Police Department
Game name: Billy_DeLuca, Billy_Trescott

Brilliant

Hirschaiger
Soldier
Game name: Jordan_Hirsch, Milo_Krylov

I like it more than usual, soz.

Copani
SASF Member
Game name: Antonio_Corzetti

Casper wrote:
Luigi Tattaglia wrote:
You didn't get me right,

Have you ever seen any random guy hiding(who's not involved in the turf take over)?
Yes Outsiders XD(joking ofc)

Makke
Community Owner
Game name: Makke_Benton

April 6th, 2015, 5:21 pm

Darien wrote:

You can always use common sense for situations like that.

Luigi Tattaglia
Retired Admin

April 6th, 2015, 5:21 pm

its ok, after a month or two most of the players will be complainin all over the forums, so even if this is a done-deal right now, you will all be back to this thread eventually and will decide to fix it

remember it good

Pablo
Senior Administrator
Game name: Pablo_Tattaglia

April 6th, 2015, 5:24 pm

Bossnigguh wrote:I always wanted to see back forced reserved skins on official factions like we used to have. IM script is mostly based on faction rivalries, simply forcing skins would bring less confusion regarding everything.
It's about time this gets implemented, with this system it would be a piece of cake to take a civillian skin and just "cruise" around on an NRG

SmokeyMLT
Server Helper
Game name: Nicholai_Antonovich, Kerim_Jiang

April 6th, 2015, 5:27 pm

force restricted skins + factions will be able to have 3 restricted skins

Copani
SASF Member
Game name: Antonio_Corzetti

April 6th, 2015, 5:29 pm

Nicholai_Antonovich wrote:force restricted skins + factions will be able to have 3 restricted skins
do you want and to go in dubai?

Slice
SASF Member

April 6th, 2015, 5:29 pm

2 are enuff watafaq

Pablo
Senior Administrator
Game name: Pablo_Tattaglia

April 6th, 2015, 5:30 pm

Nicholai_Antonovich wrote:force restricted skins + factions will be able to have 3 restricted skins
kemi already have 3 what you complaining about lol

P4kit0
Caporegime
Game name: Paco_Pakito

April 6th, 2015, 5:32 pm

i think they want war?

Darien
Underboss

April 6th, 2015, 5:37 pm

Makke wrote:
Darien wrote:

You can always use common sense for situations like that.

I have faith in your and woots decision, I just think this might come with a few complications. Anyways, it doesn't effect me, it's not a PD update. XD as long as PD doesn't get shot when we drive through a turf i don't care (Now there is even MORE reason not to shoot PD, cause the last thing U want is PD on you while you're trying to drive through checkpoints.)

Donald
Faction Leader
Game name: Donald_Capazzo

April 6th, 2015, 5:38 pm

why dont you just force restricted skins lol... saves a buttload of whine n reports

Pedojoey
Faction Leader
Game name: Alfonso_Sabatelli

April 6th, 2015, 5:40 pm

Pablo wrote:
kemi already have 3 what you complaining about lol

huh?..

kemirov have 2 nub

Vilen
Associate
Game name: Vilen_Komissarov

April 6th, 2015, 5:41 pm

Force everyone to use restricted skins + add more restricted skins to every faction.

DaoC
Enforcer
Game name: Vidkun_Quisling, Reid_Andrius, Lazar_Angelov

April 6th, 2015, 5:42 pm

Darien you have been here for a half year, and you're already complaining more than players who have activity played here for 7 years. Try the new features before coming up with an opinion.
Last edited by DaoC on April 6th, 2015, 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Community Announcements”