There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
Kjetil

[Guide]How to recruit members to the mob

November 6th, 2012, 2:12 am

How to recruit members to the mob

This is a guide on how to recruit members. This was originally written for Corleone only, but we all win if every faction start using this system. I do not claim this to be the right way, but I do dare say it is the best way in comparison to what other factions do on Italy Mafia at the moment.

When someone wishes to become part of a faction it is because they want to have fun. Everyone wants to have fun killing people, driving fast cars and earning money. The problems about this are that many people with poor role-playing skills join this way, death matchers join this way and the factions become filled with people who lack the skills and effort to properly role play the mob, which lowers the standard for this server. It is truly a vicious circle and makes us do poor decisions, which has happened in the past.

To recruit good men you and the potential associate need to know the basics, such as time, place and reason: when does it fit to recruit someone? Where should it be? Why do you do it? Very good examples are when the players in "The Godfather: The Game" are recruited into Corleone, when they're recruited into the Salieri Family in Mafia and when they are working for various crime bosses in Mafia ll, later being a made in the Falcone Crime Family.

The Godfather
(This is my favorit)

Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven
(The end is very important here)

Mafia ll
(The scene from 10:50)

It would be cool to have these ways of recruiting in Italy Mafia. It is possible, AND it is easy! The only thing is it mostly needs out of character planning. Sometimes it doesn't, but usually it does. This will lower the amount of faction jumpers, the unrealistic overload of snitches and disloyal wannabe gangsters and the chances for undercover agents. It raises the realism, fun and standards; less death matching and fooling around - more role play and action.

Recruiting through the forum for illegal factions should end. Yes, there should be information on different leaders and members, stories and lots of other things, but they should all be there in the sense of out of character. The Mob don't recruit people like this online. They must show effort in-game, where they truly show who they are. They must show excellent role-playing skills, motivation and loyalty. And how do you do that? It's easy. All it requires are more people than just you and him.

Arrange a hit, beat up or robbery. Want to know if he's one to trust? Send him on burglary missions, beatings and at last a hit. For associates to become made men they need to perform a hit on whoever the boss orders. From a realistic point of view this shows true loyalty. It also creates an escalation where the new guy is slowly or efficiently works himself up the ranks. The way they perform these tests is what defines the player and what matters for his approval.

Make sure the recruit understands who the bosses are, and most importantly, the don. If people don't know the way of The Mob, teach them. Not all good role-players know how to really address the don, who to talk to or who to take orders from, just like a regular guy doesn't know that in the beginning of their crime life. What happens when they don't teach this? It evolves further up in to the system and it ends up with a future faction leader who knows less about The Mob than what an associate knew back in the days. But what I truly miss is this:

Kissing the hand

I hope this guide helped you in some ways. If you have questions, don't be afraid to ask them.

Sly
Consigliere
Game name: Sly_Carrone, Sam_Hunt, Dexter_Whittaker

Re: [Guide]How to recruit members to the mob

November 6th, 2012, 5:56 am

Nice
Recruiting from forum should be completely banished.
If a faction leader official/unofficial even has slight respect to his faction and standards he won't do it.
ImageImage

ray
SASF Commander
Game name: Raymond_Vederano, Charles_Nixon

November 6th, 2012, 7:51 am

This is more mental guide,an advice to all F-leaders and unofficial factions ,good work !

The Great Old
Enforcer
Game name: Antonio_Woods

November 6th, 2012, 8:39 am

It's good for starting/unofficial factions. I like to do it different.

Nice job anyway!!

-- 06 Nov 2012, 08:39 --

It's good for starting/unofficial factions. I like to do it different.

Nice job anyway!!
I give my life, not for honor but for you!

Johnny
Enforcer
Game name: Johnny_Carrone

November 6th, 2012, 8:59 am

I wish there was as much roleplay as you describe it, but well, pretty much no one knows about factions IC neither do they 'search' for mafia associates to hand them a job so they could join in. Most people would do similar actions in IM :

- PMing a faction member or leader to join in. (pls stop)
- Approaching the HQ of a faction (how do you know it`s the HQ? :P) and attempting to join by : 'Hey could you help me I need a job'.
- Forums, IG businesses hiring and so on.

What you`re trying to say here might be great as roleplay, yet the incapability and laziness of the majority simply deletes the 'right' methods to join as they take a big part of the community. 'I might as well just join another faction if this particular one invites after a fifteen minutes interview at their place of work!'. Quite frankly, people got so lazy they don`t even apply on the forums.

Ehruhgahn
Enforcer
Game name: Niklaus_Monticelli, Dmitry_Petrovich

November 6th, 2012, 10:44 am

Kjetil wrote:
How to recruit members to the mob

But what I truly miss is this:

Kissing the hand

I hope this guide helped you in some ways. If you have questions, don't be afraid to ask them.
I get this ^.^ (From some members)
I support roleplay on Italy Mafia.

DonCorleone
Enforcer
Game name: Vito_Graveli

November 6th, 2012, 11:21 am

I always said,when i was low level too,remove the Faction aplication,that suck's and its stupid.

-- Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:29 am --

And its time for t0's to form "The Comission" and every single month(lets say) anounce "Capo di tutti Capi" betwen Mafia's. Capo di tutti Capi ned to be respected in any ways,even if two or more Familie's are in conflict.
----------------------------------------------
Vito J. Graveli
ex Rizzuto Crime Family Capo
ex Corleone Crime Family Capo,Consigliere,Underboss,Acting Don - missing since 2015.....in last couple days,he have been spoted in town

Ehruhgahn
Enforcer
Game name: Niklaus_Monticelli, Dmitry_Petrovich

November 6th, 2012, 12:11 pm

DonCorleone wrote:I always said,when i was low level too,remove the Faction aplication,that suck's and its stupid.

And its time for t0's to form "The Comission" and every single month(lets say) anounce "Capo di tutti Capi" betwen Mafia's. Capo di tutti Capi ned to be respected in any ways,even if two or more Familie's are in conflict.
Won't happen, it has been tried many times over the WHOLE IM histroy, Only worked slightly back in Old'e days
I support roleplay on Italy Mafia.

Verq
Enforcer
Game name: Vito_Cozzone

November 6th, 2012, 1:22 pm

Most of the guys gets inside to faction if example their friend is T1 there, so they get OOC invited.

CookieMonster
Outsider
Game name: Hidden.

November 6th, 2012, 1:26 pm

Is really good.
I want to tell, that I joined Corlone with roleplay like this and it was really more realistic.
I hope all faction leaders will start to invite ppl like this.
quatro

OrkaHaris
Consigliere
Game name: Anthony_Capetta, Orka_Haris

November 6th, 2012, 1:56 pm

Ehruhgahn wrote:
DonCorleone wrote:I always said,when i was low level too,remove the Faction aplication,that suck's and its stupid.

Won't happen, it has been tried many times over the WHOLE IM histroy, Only worked slightly back in Old'e days
It's not hard to pull off with enough dedication, I will take it to consitheration since I am open minded to working closer with our alliances.

Carrying on - This way of reqruiting is the way I found most of our most loyal members and the most dedication giving ones also.
Taking Bishop Maddox for example. A hobo I found fighting on the streets for his life when five people jumped him. I pulled out my deagle and everyone backed off and left him alone. I reholstered my deagle and helped him up and offered him a position to live at and some start up money. Later on he was introduced to our organisation, the legal side, he worked as a worker at our local doughnut shop for a couple of days untill I saw more potential in him than serving coffee. I gave him a position as a Guard. One day he came back bloody telling me he had been shot and explained the story behind it. I introduced him to the real deal behind our organisation and made him an Enforcer in our family after roleplaying getting him to the hospital and getting our bribed doctor to patch him up. He worked hard and genuently brang the little money he managed to get to our family, he felt in debt to me for giving him "his life back". He worked his way up to Picciotto and started managing the workers of the store along with the manager, our Caporegime, Emilio Delacosta. He brang more and more money to the table on daily basis, the amount increased for each day that went by. Later on a couple of days after he had been promoted to Picciotto, he was given permission to take the men out hitting local stores of people that had done bad to our reputation and organisation. Past owned business' from old faction members that had betrayed us and left us, police officers that had taking our men to the county and other mob owned stores. Business' owned by our rivals. After just one week of being Picciotto he had brang two million dollars to me in daily meet ups at different locations, all cash being substained in a briefcase with a password locker on it. The money had to get into the system so we roleplayed bribing men to help us get it into our bank account in Switzerland. Mister Maddox had also not only braught two millions to us, but the two millions had in beforehand been splitted in half from the robberys. In other words he had brang in total four millions to our organisation. The other two millions went to our workers. He had made deals for me to other Civillians and in the end of two days we had earned another three millions. He inspired our workers into starting to not metagame the position of everyone, also making most of them reffer to me as Signoré Capetta. Bishop has yet not been introduced to the Padrino of Cuneo, Giosué Capetta, since he's distant from our familys work. As a quote to what he had said, he "hides in the dark and calls the shots, letting Anthony Capetta be the face of the family as Acting Don". Bishop is now banned sadly, yet this is just the story of how a proper recruit should go out and the out come from it. Often those who are invited this way is like Kjetil explained, that they rae the most dedicating, loyal and hard working people.

With that being said. We still roleplay quite a lot - and I belive a Comission will be formed not far from now.:P
O R K A H A R I S
"the killer whale"
2 0 0 7 - 2 0 1 7

"Tattaglia venne, e vide e vinse"

Kjetil

November 6th, 2012, 7:01 pm

We tried to form a commission the first time I was acting don, but as soon as I lost that position I couldn't be arsed to take responsibility for it anymore.

And it's nice to read such a story, Orka. It's rare, but I hope more tier one and zeros start recruiting the same way. If you see some newbie getting DMed you could try help him out recruiting him that way.

-- November 6th, 2012, 7:02 pm --
Johnny wrote:What you`re trying to say here might be great as roleplay, yet the incapability and laziness of the majority simply deletes the 'right' methods to join as they take a big part of the community. 'I might as well just join another faction if this particular one invites after a fifteen minutes interview at their place of work!'. Quite frankly, people got so lazy they don`t even apply on the forums.
That's why we as leaders have responsibility to change this.

frankvg
Enforcer
Game name: Frankie_Delugo

November 6th, 2012, 7:38 pm

Good guide. Alot of people don't seem to understand ANYTHING AT ALL from a Family., they just go and make ads ''PatLeone Family hiring new members - Call now''! THAT AINT POSSIBLE! If you would do that IRL you would get cops at the door. Yes, IM Cops won't do that but still you should not make such noobish ads. Though, these videos only guide you how to recruit illegaly! It is also possible to use a cover-business and recruit like that, then let the members step by step become more in the illegal family path.
Good guide! Will help alot of noobs, and just normal players! I would like to see this but as every mafia-faction here got a legal cover it won't really work. This would be cool, if they really did this.
Last edited by frankvg on November 6th, 2012, 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Johnny
Enforcer

November 6th, 2012, 8:32 pm

Kjetil wrote:We tried to form a commission the first time I was acting don, but as soon as I lost that position I couldn't be arsed to take responsibility for it anymore.

And it's nice to read such a story, Orka. It's rare, but I hope more tier one and zeros start recruiting the same way. If you see some newbie getting DMed you could try help him out recruiting him that way.

Johnny wrote:What you`re trying to say here might be great as roleplay, yet the incapability and laziness of the majority simply deletes the 'right' methods to join as they take a big part of the community. 'I might as well just join another faction if this particular one invites after a fifteen minutes interview at their place of work!'. Quite frankly, people got so lazy they don`t even apply on the forums.
The responsibility firstly requires the agreement of all faction leaders to recruit only by full RP, which will lead to instructing the co-leaders to do the same, not exceptions. I`ve tried, believe me, to create a full RP faction, with all the right tools and methods, yet even attempting to do so, will lead to an inactive faction, as players in IM simply prefer easier ways.
I say again, my doubt will soon reach a hundred percent that this will ever change, quite the opposite, I tend to think it`ll just go worse. - Hence I get more and more PMs of : 'Pls invite me I`m lvl 14 I know good rp!!'

Clifton
Associate
Game name: Dexter_Clifton, Viktor_Bolshov

November 6th, 2012, 8:49 pm

Sly_Spartan wrote:Nice
Recruiting from forum should be completely banished.
If a faction leader official/unofficial even has slight respect to his faction and standards he won't do it.
This

-- Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:50 pm --
Johnny wrote:
Kjetil wrote:We tried to form a commission the first time I was acting don, but as soon as I lost that position I couldn't be arsed to take responsibility for it anymore.

The responsibility firstly requires the agreement of all faction leaders to recruit only by full RP, which will lead to instructing the co-leaders to do the same, not exceptions. I`ve tried, believe me, to create a full RP faction, with all the right tools and methods, yet even attempting to do so, will lead to an inactive faction, as players in IM simply prefer easier ways.
I say again, my doubt will soon reach a hundred percent that this will ever change, quite the opposite, I tend to think it`ll just go worse. - Hence I get more and more PMs of : 'Pls invite me I`m lvl 14 I know good rp!!'
It can be made like you said if all faction dons agrees so players find that the hard way is the only way.
Spoiler

Dexter Clifton, SA Special Forces Private 1st Class
Viktor Bolshov, San Andreas Police Department Corporal, S.W.A.T.
Dexter Clifton, San Andreas Police Department Corporal, Field Training Unit.
Dexter Clifton, LS Police Department Captain, Recruitment & Training Bureau Chief.
Dominic Crenshaw, The Crips Leader in East Los Santos.
Viktor Bolshov, LV Police Department Lieutenant.
Viktor Bolshov, SA Special Forces 2nd Lieutenant, 1st Platoon.

T-Bag
Enforcer
Game name: Theodore_Bagwell

November 6th, 2012, 9:44 pm

That, or just "The corleone family bussiness is looking for workers, call for more information."

:/
Theodore "T-Bag" Bagwell
You don't really want smoke, you ain't 'bout that shit

Sly
Consigliere
Game name: Sly_Carrone, Sam_Hunt, Dexter_Whittaker

November 6th, 2012, 10:06 pm

Viktor Bolshov wrote:

It can be made like you said if all faction dons agrees so players find that the hard way is the only way.
True.
After all you got red name IG and green name here for a reason. :P
Please do something regarding it so it may improve the server and people's mindsets. Don't you yourself feel bad when you are leading bunch of '/pm sir I make good rp lvl 5++' people in your faction? Try doing something regarding it for the sake of yourself/faction and server both,
ImageImage

OrkaHaris
Consigliere

November 6th, 2012, 10:42 pm

frankvg wrote:Alot of people don't seem to understand ANYTHING AT ALL from a Family., they just go and make ads ''PatLeone Family hiring new members - Call now''!
I know, just Leone or Paterno would do such a thing.

T-Bag wrote:That, or just "The corleone family bussiness is looking for workers, call for more information."
How about our ad recruits tfag?
"Gay Astronaut Association Members positions avavible. Training for next mission to Uranus. Call now!"

Johnny wrote:The responsibility firstly requires the agreement of all faction leaders to recruit only by full RP, which will lead to instructing the co-leaders to do the same, not exceptions. I`ve tried, believe me, to create a full RP faction, with all the right tools and methods, yet even attempting to do so, will lead to an inactive faction, as players in IM simply prefer easier ways.
Well - one must start by inspiring others as I belive. If you are seen doing something and others look up to you for doing it, others will catch on the same train wanting to be as superiour as the rest if not even more. Though yes I'm aware that a faction only built up with roleplay is dead within a short period of time - hence why you need to keep entertaining people to a certain level. You Leone got your fucking Aniello which keep showing up on a bike everywhere for example - which by the way makes me shit my pants each time.
O R K A H A R I S
"the killer whale"
2 0 0 7 - 2 0 1 7

Kjetil

November 7th, 2012, 12:14 am

T-Bag wrote:That, or just "The corleone family bussiness is looking for workers, call for more information."

And that is my biggest mistake on IM ever (except joining Paterno under Ivan's regime in 2007). It was also one of the reasons I decided to try something more realistic, as that way only caused a massive noob era.

OrkaHaris wrote:
Johnny wrote:The responsibility firstly requires the agreement of all faction leaders to recruit only by full RP, which will lead to instructing the co-leaders to do the same, not exceptions. I`ve tried, believe me, to create a full RP faction, with all the right tools and methods, yet even attempting to do so, will lead to an inactive faction, as players in IM simply prefer easier ways.
Well - one must start by inspiring others as I belive. If you are seen doing something and others look up to you for doing it, others will catch on the same train wanting to be as superiour as the rest if not even more. Though yes I'm aware that a faction only built up with roleplay is dead within a short period of time - hence why you need to keep entertaining people to a certain level. You Leone got your fucking Aniello which keep showing up on a bike everywhere for example - which by the way makes me shit my pants each time.
Exactly. It's a fact that everyone wish to be the cool guy in class. That's why they try to be like him, talk like him, look like him. It's all about being the alpha male. We, the leaders, are the alpha males. We're the one the others look up to. If we say "Hey, you will never be able to join us those idiotic ways" they will listen. But if some wise guy t0/1 says "Don't bother him, I'll invite you" it won't work anymore. We should all agree to follow more strict rules and standards. It may not be easy, but then again cancer isn't easy to cure.

Rick_Soprazzo
Outsider
Game name: Rick_Soprazzo

November 7th, 2012, 12:28 am

This seems really helpful,Ill apply this soon
The Baws Said : There was still RP going on while we was an RPG server and I think it's a nice addition to have on an RPG server, that's what makes Italy Mafia unique.. It was a RPG server with RP included.

If people want full-RP, then i suggest you to find and join a Full-RP server and not constantly trying to change this one into it. As many people have stated... Either we're RPG or we are a RP server... And i just dont see a RP server being a realistic and possible option.
[/spoiler]
ray diesel wrote:I Mean if you can Unabn me i stay 4 Month To This Please Unban me i do DOnat and i think i lose my cars and my House For what you give me Bani only wanna play in this server please unban me.

Johnny
Enforcer

November 7th, 2012, 12:39 am

Kjetil wrote:

And that is my biggest mistake on IM ever (except joining Paterno under Ivan's regime in 2007). It was also one of the reasons I decided to try something more realistic, as that way only caused a massive noob era.

OrkaHaris wrote:
Exactly. It's a fact that everyone wish to be the cool guy in class. That's why they try to be like him, talk like him, look like him. It's all about being the alpha male. We, the leaders, are the alpha males. We're the one the others look up to. If we say "Hey, you will never be able to join us those idiotic ways" they will listen. But if some wise guy t0/1 says "Don't bother him, I'll invite you" it won't work anymore. We should all agree to follow more strict rules and standards. It may not be easy, but then again cancer isn't easy to cure.
But then again cancer isn`t easy to cure it just the right way to describe this situation, I`m positive that even a overall leaders agreement wouldn`t have this applied. All I can say is that yall expectations are too high for this community.

Kjetil

November 7th, 2012, 12:44 am

Don't need the whole community's consensus, only those who care.

-- November 7th, 2012, 12:44 am --

Don't need the whole community's consensus, only those who care.

Johnny
Enforcer

November 7th, 2012, 1:42 am

Factions who care then will have no members, which will cause them to be careless as well. Sorry for being argumentative, but I`m referring to realism here.

Kjetil

November 7th, 2012, 2:08 am

I understand your argumentation, and I agree in some sense. It is hard, very hard, but it is what needs to be done to change the server. Writing threads in "General Talk" about how much one wish the server to be stricter, or suggesting new rules in "Suggestions" just don't work. The Faction leaders have the influence, therefore we must use it, no matter how painful the start will be. Of course you can be against it, but it is your loss in the end.

OrkaHaris
Consigliere

November 7th, 2012, 2:51 am

Johnny wrote:Factions who care then will have no members, which will cause them to be careless as well. Sorry for being argumentative, but I`m referring to realism here.
I don't invite when asked upon. I tell them to fuck off regardless if their mates or not. (apart from tbag)
If someone calls me up looking for work, I tell them to fuck off, hangs up and call them metagamers.
We in other hand do have a system of application on the job center section, for our legal side of our organisation.
Those who are accepted stays on the legal side untill their higher potential has been shown though.
O R K A H A R I S
"the killer whale"
2 0 0 7 - 2 0 1 7

frankvg
Enforcer

November 7th, 2012, 11:53 am

Just like a known saying from Holland : Als er 1 schaap over de dam is, volgen er meer.
Translation : If one sheep is over the dam, more will follow.

Kingunit
Outsider
Game name: Daniel_Carrey

November 7th, 2012, 2:13 pm

frankvg wrote:Just like a known saying from Holland : Als er 1 schaap over de dam is, volgen er meer.
Translation : If one sheep is over the dam, more will follow.
Why do you use Dutch proverbs? Those are made for Dutch people, foreign people won't get it.

frankvg
Enforcer

November 7th, 2012, 2:15 pm

They will, really, they are not dumb.

Kingunit
Outsider
Game name: Daniel_Carrey

November 7th, 2012, 2:25 pm

frankvg wrote:They will, really, they are not dumb.
It's like using English or Nigerian - translated to English - proverbs. We don't get them.

Verq
Enforcer
Game name: Vito_Cozzone

November 7th, 2012, 2:28 pm

It's like 5% change that to high-ranked mafioso will appear to place where you are whacked.
IRL it's like 0,000001% percent tho. ;)

Return to “Outdated Guides”