There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
Freya
SA Police Department
Game name: Accola_Cunningham

[Guide] Mapping

February 19th, 2013, 8:58 pm

To increase the number of people who are interested to map, here's a simple tutorial on how to use the SAMP Map Construction.

First, you'll need the software required to map.
http://www.mathpudding.com/topsecretsamp/editor.rar

Not going to much details about the extraction part, etc..

Anyway, if you start the program, you'll see this :

You should memorize these, as you'll use them very often.

OK, Click on Load. It will load the GTA SA Environment.
Load with COLLs will have an option to show the collision objects of the map.

Look at the controls from the first page again. You'll need it to know how to move around the map. You can also view it from your own by clicking the HELP button on the upper right corner.

Anyway, I'll show you how to make a structure look like it's destroyed.
First, find a house/building/skyscraper you want to destroy. I chose this. The structure is red because I selected it.

But as you can see, trying to move the object using the arrow keys or the mouse is impossible. This is because these are the default objects of GTA SA. The great thing about SAMP Map Construction is that you can modify or even delete these objects to your own liking. So what we're going to do is to duplicate the object so that you can modify it.

Click on the object, then press Ctrl+C, then press Delete. What we did was you duplicated the default object, then deleted it. That means what you've selected now is the duplicate, which you can modify or move.

OK, now I want to make it look like it's destroyed, so I sink it to the ground a lot, like the roof is the only one which survived. To do that, just hold CTRL then hold the Down Arrow. It should slowly reduce the height of the structure, like this.

To add some detail to it, I tilt the axis of the structure a bit. To do this, you either use the scroll bars on the X/Y/Z angles on the Movement Tab, or use the Nudge Tool. The Nudge Tool is very useful when you want precision.

See how the rotation value changed? You can also manually type the angles in it.

But after that, it looks a bit odd. There's no debris in the area. So, we need to add new objects.
To look for objects you need, go to the Objects Tab on the upper right corner, then click on Add.
Don't mind the Object Collection for now, it's my collection.

Here, you can search for the objects you want by typing in a part of the object's name. It also displays the object ID. It may be useful in the future. You can also move the object around on the display area by holding the right mouse button and move the mouse around. It's a bit tricky to find objects you need, so for now I'll give you the correct name of the object.
Type in 'rubble', without the quotes.

After that, click on the Add button. This will add your object to a bookmark, or called as "Object Collection" so you can easily browse it in the future.

As you can see, your object is now in the list. Click it, then move your mouse to where you want the object be placed. Then, press Insert. It should ask what object ID you want to insert to the map. But since you've clicked the rubble object in your collection, the object ID is automatically placed.

Click OK, and your rubble is added to the map! Move it around to where you want it.

But since the whole structure is destroyed, I duplicated and placed the rubble object all around the structure. I used different rotations to make it look better.

So, it's finished! But how do we save it? Click on the "Show Code" on the upper right of the screen. It should pop up a box like this.

This is your map code. This is what you submit to the scripters so they can add it to the server.
RemoveBuildingForPlayer is basically what we did earlier. We deleted the default object, so that players won't be able to see it.
CreateObject is basically the objects you've added.
CreateVehicle is basically adding vehicles to the map. The SAMP Map Construction supports this, but due a bug, importing a map with vehicles will delete the vehicle code.

To save it, simply click on Export .pwn, and save it where you want it to be.
It's saved! You can edit your map again by clicking on the "Import .pwn" on the upper right of the screen, and click on your .pwn file.

You're done. That's the basics of it. It takes a bit of time to get used of the controls, but when you get used to it, it's really fun to use.

All credits don't go to me. All rights reserved.
Last edited by Freya on August 5th, 2013, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noxious
Made man
Game name: Shui_Jiang

Re: [Guide] Mapping

February 19th, 2013, 9:16 pm

Huh Not bad. Seems Helpful.
Sun Yee On
Chairman - Shan Chu
Jiang
"I believe in Harmony. Balance. Peace. And I don't mind spilling a little blood to achieve it." - Jiang

ialokiN
Made man
Game name: Wei_Jiang, Jamie_Cunningham

February 20th, 2013, 9:16 pm

Thank you , it was helpful.

ThaCrypte
Lead Administrator
Game name: Paul_Henderson

March 4th, 2013, 1:52 pm

Pretty helpful, but could you extend it a little? Like how to make a nice interior and stuff like that? Just a suggestion.
How about posting some nice objects id's?
hehe

Freya
SA Police Department

March 4th, 2013, 5:15 pm

ThaCrypte wrote:Pretty helpful, but could you extend it a little? Like how to make a nice interior and stuff like that? Just a suggestion.
How about posting some nice objects id's?
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11837

Pixel
Associate
Game name: Filipo_Porrello, Kimberly_Dempsey, Alvaro_Veronesi

March 16th, 2013, 10:35 am

when i click on "Load" it tell me :
"You have to manually copy the program files to the directory where you installed your gta-sa."

» Attempted Double-post at March 16th, 2013, 10:35 am «

How to do that?

Freya
SA Police Department

March 16th, 2013, 10:31 pm

Filipo wrote:when i click on "Load" it tell me :
"You have to manually copy the program files to the directory where you installed your gta-sa."

» Attempted Double-post at March 16th, 2013, 10:35 am «

How to do that?
Copy all the files related to the modding program to your GTA SA Folder

Luccifer.
Enforcer
Game name: Anton_Romanov

March 30th, 2013, 9:46 pm

And one question, how to upload the code when your mapping gets accepted? :D

» Attempted Double-post at March 30th, 2013, 9:49 pm «

And one question, how to upload the code when your mapping gets accepted? :D
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Freya
SA Police Department

April 16th, 2013, 9:19 pm

Luccifer. wrote:And one question, how to upload the code when your mapping gets accepted? :D
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3332

Return to “Outdated Guides”