There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
Aleya BANNED

[GUIDE] Installing SA:MP on a Mac OS (Recommended)

March 1st, 2013, 8:54 pm

Yo guys, I've searched around and found this guide from X Server and it really helped me installing SA:MP in the best and the safest way on a Mac OS. All you have to do is just watch the video and follow the steps one BY one. There's also Text Tutorial in case you didn't understand something from the video.

Credits to Brick
I've got a new method entirely! It uses a more graphical approach, so that's marvellous. And this should work on Mac without a hassle, even though I have no access to any OS X systems. The old approach remains in the spoiler.

1. Install PlayOnLinux or PlayOnMac.
2. Get a copy of GTA San Andreas. Legal copies tend not to work, so you know what to do if you catch my drift.
In Linux: Use Furius ISO Mount to mount the disc. Use the Loop protocol
3. Open PlayOnLinux/PlayOnMac and go to configure. Press "New".
4. Follow the wizard. 32-bit or 64-bit shouldn't matter. 32-bit is optimal.
5. Select any random wine version if the wizard asks for one. We will change this later.
6. Name the virtual drive "GTASA".
7. Select "GTASA" on the left panel in the configuration window.
8. Go to "Install components" and select and install "corefonts" and "d3dx9".
9. Go to the "Wine" tab and select "Configure Wine". In the graphics tab, select "Automatically capture the mouse in full-screen windows" and "Emulate a virtual desktop". Set the resolution values. Press apply and quit.
10. In the "Wine" tab, select "Task Manager". This is a workaround, but it'll work!
11. Go to "File -> New Task (Run...)" and find your setup.exe
12. Go through the installation procedure...
13. Find a 1.00 crack for your gta_sa.exe and place it in "/home/username/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/GTASA/drive_c/Program Files/Rockstar Games/GTA San Andreas" (Linux)
14. Get a samp.exe and install it by using the task manager from step 10.
15. Go to this website: http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=8321
Or go to this website if you have an unsupported screen resolution: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxBKt7B ... lScWM/edit (file->download)
16. Extract and put the files in your GTA San Andreas folder from step 13 (allow overwrite).
17. Rename "samp.dll" to "samp.asi"
18. Go to the "General" tab in the PlayOnLinux/PlayOnMac configuration window (with GTASA selected) and press "Make a shortcut from this virtual drive"
19. Select/browse for your gta_sa.exe
20. Select/browse for your samp.exe
21. In the "General" tab, select the "+" on the right of "Wine version" and install the latest Wine version for 32-bit or 64-bit. Select the version from the drop-down menu on the "General" tab after you've installed it. You may have to press "Windows reboot" in the wine tab at this stage
22. In the PlayOnLinux/PlayOnMac main screen, start GTA San Andreas before you start SAMP and do the right screen resolution configuration
23. Go back to the configuration in step 9 and unselect the "Automatically capture the mouse in full-screen windows" and "Emulate a virtual desktop" icons. Press apply and exit.
24. Start San Andreas again. This'll get extremely buggy. Redo the resolution configurations.
25. Start SAMP from the PlayOnLinux/PlayOnMac main screen.

Spoiler
I'll do this in a step-by-step guide and add some commentary here and there.
1. Install wine 1.3 or higher. This should be in the repositories under Linux.
For Macs, follow this guide: http://www.davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/
Alternatively, install WineBottler. I believe it's outdated, but I guess it's capable.
2. Get a copy of GTA San Andreas and install it by running "setup.exe" with wine. Once you're done, replace the "gta_sa.exe" with a cracked one. It just won't work otherwise, even if your GTA:SA is legit.
You can get to your GTA folder by going to your home folder and pressing CTRL+H (or selecting "show hidden files") and navigating to ".wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Rockstar Games/GTA San Andreas". The dot in front of ".wine" is important.
3. Download SAMP and install it as you would under Windows.
4. Run "winetricks". This may appear as a program, but you can run it from the terminal by simply typing "winetricks" without the quotes.
Notice to Mac users: I don't know if you have winetricks. Try and run it from the terminal first. If that doesn't work, please Google around a bit.
5. Select "select the default wineprefix"
6. Select "install a windows DLL or component"
7. Highlight "d3dx9" and press ok. It should take a while to install. When it's done, try to exit winetricks.
While you're at it, you can also install "corefonts" through winetricks. To do so, select "install a font" while in the default wineprefix selection. Highlight "corefonts" and press ok. This will slightly improve your fonts IG.
8. Start "configure wine". This should appear as a program/application in your desktop environment.
As for Macs, I once again don't know if you have this. If you don't, well, Google is your friend.
9. Confirm whether d3dx9 files can be found in the library. There should be a whole list of them.
10. Select "graphics" and highlight "automatically capture the mouse in full-screen windows".
11. Also highlight "emulate a virtual desktop" and insert your screen's resolution.
12. Select "audio" and fiddle around to see if your audio devices work.
13. Press "ok" and run "gta_sa.exe". It should start smoothly now. If it doesn't, post below.
14. Select your computer's resolution in the GTA session. If it's not available, simply restart GTA and it should appear.
15. Shut down GTA:SA and go to this website: http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=8321
16. Download the files and put them in your GTA folder. It should ask whether you want to replace a file. You do want to, so press "yes" or "ok".
17. Rename "samp.dll" to "samp.asi" in the same folder.
18. Start SAMP. It should work. You may have to redo your resolution settings. Starting SAMP without ever having run GTA:SA first will not work optimally, so please don't skip any of the previous steps. Also, when starting a SAMP instance, you will have to alt+tab in and out of the game to enable keyboard input. This is a minor thing, really, but noteworthy.
Voilà. If it doesn't work the first time, read the instructions again. Most of the time, you'll have missed a small detail that is ever so important. If you're sure you did everything you can, do post below. I'll try my best to help. You can also check out the following two links with ample information about getting GTA:SA and SAMP running:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... n&iId=3780
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... &iId=18213
PS. This has 100% worked for me just like SA:MP for Windows. I highly recommend everyone to follow this way of installation as it's simple, easy and safe.

Aleya BANNED

Re: [GUIDE] Installing SA:MP on a Mac OS (Recommended)

March 1st, 2013, 9:13 pm

My bad I've posted it in the wrong section.

C4SSARIO
Enforcer
Game name: Lenny_Cassario

Re: [GUIDE] Installing SA:MP on a Mac OS (Recommended)

March 23rd, 2013, 9:53 pm

Hmm i cant downgrade san andreas what now?

Return to “Outdated Guides”