There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
Aesthetic Guy
Consigliere
Game name: Rich_Piana, Tren_Bolone

[HOW-TO] Avoid trouble with the law.

April 26th, 2013, 9:32 pm

I just decided to write a compact guide for players who don't know how to behave when they interact with the LSPD/SASF/FBI. This guide is supposed to minimize the amount of reports that occur during interactions between players and the law enforcement. If you find this guide useless for you, please don't bother reading it.
Suggestions are always welcome.

Legend:
*LEO = Law Enforcement Officer
*Permit = Synonym for 'license'

________________________________________________________________________________

- WHEN BEING CHECKED UPON -
When you encounter a LEO, you should try to cooperate. Since this is a roleplay server, act like how you would do in real life.
If a LEO orders you to spread arms and legs, because he wants to frisk you, you should comply. Don't go berzerk and shoot everyone around you. As long as you have a weapon permit, there's no reason to become hostile. If you don't have one, and still obtain a weapon illegally, deal with the consequences. I personally prefer people who roleplay along, and as a reward I often don't jail them for a ridiculously long time.
- WHEN CLOSE TO A SHOOTOUT -
It is obvious that you should avoid shootouts, that involve a lot of gunfire. However, some people still don't get it. If you're close to a shootout, you should find cover and NOT look suspicious. Would you rather hide in the bushes, or behind a policecar? I personally would hide behind the police car. That way, they have clear visual on me and don't suspect me of being one of the shooters. There are a lot of player reports due to players that have been shot because they came too close. Bear in mind, hiding should be the last option. Please avoid shootouts, and take a detour instead or w/e.
- WHEN YOU'RE GETTING SHOT AT WRONGLY -
One of the main rules of the law enforcement, is that you'd use the same amount of force as you're met with. Therefore, we don't try to kill someone, just because he called us names. For example, when you're in a vehicle and your tires are popped. Don't immediately jump out and shoot/flee. Instead you could pull the car over, and freeze. We rarely try to kill suspects, but our main priority is to keep them alive.

________________________________________________________________________________

- TIPS FROM OTHER FORUM USERS -
Oak wrote:Maybe add that, if a LEO is shooting at you, and you are innocent, don't run. /fall /handsup . That way, it'll show your surrendal, and avoid you looking suspicious ;)

- FAQ -
Q: If I hide behind a policecar, I'm very vulnerable to gunshots, right?
A: In my opinion, there's no reason to shoot someone who is /hiding behind a police car. The main idea is that the chances of you being shot are minimal if you don't look suspicious.
Last edited by Aesthetic Guy on April 27th, 2013, 6:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Oak
Caporegime
Game name: Sean_Oak, Rufus_McIntyre

Re: [HOW-TO] Avoid trouble with the law.

April 26th, 2013, 9:38 pm

Maybe add that, if a LEO is shooting at you, and you are innocent, don't run. /fall /handsup . That way, it'll show your surrendal, and avoid you looking suspicious ;)

Aleya BANNED

April 26th, 2013, 10:12 pm

Good job, although I recommend to convert this IC and post it somewhere.

Stav Cuneo
Soldier
Game name: Steven_Andolini

April 26th, 2013, 11:55 pm

There should be a guide how to avoid FBI.

oh wait,you cant

Oak
Caporegime

April 26th, 2013, 11:56 pm

Stav Cuneo wrote:There should be a guide how to avoid FBI.

oh wait,you cant
There is, but you have to turn into a grammar nazi

Stav Cuneo
Soldier
Game name: Steven_Andolini

April 27th, 2013, 12:23 am

Oak wrote:

oh wait,you cant
There is, but you have to turn into a grammar nazi
Even with the best grammer in the world you are unable to avoid MG,You can only slow them down.
Their sytem is fucked up and then they cry on how they have shitlouds on pictures of every family

April 27th, 2013, 12:51 am

Stav Cuneo wrote: Even with the best grammer in the world you are unable to avoid MG,You can only slow them down.
Their sytem is fucked up and then they cry on how they have shitlouds on pictures of every family
Crying all over won't do much tbh.
You should utilize the great function called "PM" and forward your requests/"MG" to either FBI or Echelon 1.
OT: You should add Oak's suggestion to the guide although noone ever use it lol.

Oak
Caporegime

April 27th, 2013, 1:29 am

040206 wrote: OT: You should add Oak's suggestion to the guide although noone ever use it lol.

Some shoot back at us (and if they are mafia members, then LEOs end up shooting against several factions), or they die, and complain about it. Ridiculous.

Sly
Consigliere
Game name: Sly_Carrone, Sam_Hunt, Dexter_Whittaker

April 27th, 2013, 3:49 am

oh wait,you cant
The irony, my friend.
Stav Cuneo wrote:You can only slow them down.
That's the fun part.
ImageImage

Aesthetic Guy
Consigliere

April 27th, 2013, 6:15 pm

When you see a shootout between cops and robbers, it doesn't give you a valid reason to start shooting the cops.
It might be when you're allied to other mafia's, but not when you just decide you want to kill someone.

INVINCIBLE
Soldier
Game name: Blade_Wilson, Jeff_Kray

April 27th, 2013, 6:32 pm

And also don't whine OOC for not getting arrest this won't help but get u more trouble
Image Invincible - Ex-Forum Moderator

Former SA Police Department Lieutenant (T1)/ SA Special Forces Gunnery Sergeant(T1) / Kemirov Torpedo / Cuneo Fiducioso(T1) / SAPD Detective/NOOSE Federal Agent/Tattaglia Captain(T1)

Aesthetic Guy
Consigliere

April 27th, 2013, 6:40 pm

Oh yeah, don't effing tell me to reply, when you haven't posted the report yet.

frankvg
Enforcer
Game name: Frankie_Delugo

April 27th, 2013, 6:41 pm

Usefull guide for some people here. [With some I mean alot]

Thomas
Soldier
Game name: Thomas_Toro, Thomas_MacDermott

April 27th, 2013, 9:40 pm

fuck tha police no justice no peace

Thomas MacDermott

Spoiler
Past characters:
Thomas Capelli
Thomas Paterno
Thomas Corleone
Thomas Hudson
Thomas Toro
Thomas Jay
Eire Laosieach
Thomas Stracci
Carlos Phantom
Jesus Chapa

Luccifer.
Enforcer
Game name: Anton_Romanov

May 12th, 2013, 5:05 pm

Thomas wrote:fuck tha police no justice no peace
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vic
Soldier
Game name: Jaffar_Pearce, James_Lahey, Leroy_Lennox, Sebastian_Schoenbeck, Jjjjjjjjjjjjj_Jjjjjjjjjjjjj

May 12th, 2013, 5:07 pm

Luccifer. wrote:
Thomas wrote:fuck tha police no justice no peace
Fuck man... rulebreaking is more addictive than heroin.
https://youtu.be/zN8VOsJCJLk?t=37

Aesthetic Guy
Consigliere

May 18th, 2013, 2:11 am

Men, yesterday we encountered someone and ought to frisk him. But he found it necessary to run away and get himself killed..
Braindamage everywhere.

Paco_Pakito
Associate
Game name: Angelo DiNapoli

May 18th, 2013, 2:40 am

You know every single person in IM is going to be arrested if gets frisked... When you frisk is just cause you feel like arrest the guy...so Don't explain a good reaction if you attempt to frisk someone...

Aleya BANNED

May 18th, 2013, 2:44 am

Let's start by pulling the fuck over when asked to. I mean seriously, just pull the fuck over and get a ticket or infraction and let everyone leave in peace rather than launching a DM scene which causes to reports.

3rd Age

May 18th, 2013, 2:46 am

Aleyazor wrote:Let's start by pulling the fuck over when asked to. I mean seriously, just pull the fuck over and get a ticket or infraction and let everyone leave in peace rather than launching a DM scene which causes to reports.
Or why not have a nice pursuit? I would love to drive away from the cops and make a nice little scene instead of getting sprayed by M4s and having to call bk to roll all the cops. Let's start by common logic, PD STOP SHOOTING IN CHASES.

Aleya BANNED

May 18th, 2013, 2:48 am

3rd Age wrote:
Aleyazor wrote:Let's start by pulling the fuck over when asked to. I mean seriously, just pull the fuck over and get a ticket or infraction and let everyone leave in peace rather than launching a DM scene which causes to reports.
Or why not have a nice pursuit? I would love to drive away from the cops and make a nice little scene instead of getting sprayed by M4s and having to call bk to roll all the cops. Let's start by common logic, PD STOP SHOOTING IN CHASES.
We /RARELY/ shoot in pursuits and it's hard to get the permission granted to shoot the tires, at least for LSPD members. Remember that regular cruisers are slow and sometimes cannot reach the evader, that's why we /sometimes/ shoot tires or in worst cases engines.

Aesthetic Guy
Consigliere

May 18th, 2013, 2:49 am

Paco_Pakito wrote:You know every single person in IM is going to be arrested if gets frisked... When you frisk is just cause you feel like arrest the guy...so Don't explain a good reaction if you attempt to frisk someone...
Whöt? So, a /frisk is followed by a /jail at all times? I haven't heard bout that one before.. Hmm..

Aleya BANNED

May 18th, 2013, 2:53 am

Paco_Pakito wrote:You know every single person in IM is going to be arrested if gets frisked... When you frisk is just cause you feel like arrest the guy...so Don't explain a good reaction if you attempt to frisk someone...
You're right. As a LEO I don't always jail people for possessing materials whilst being frisked and found possessing them as it's ridiculous the way you'll say: "Wow, all those materials on you?!". It's unrealistic and I am trying to ignore that fact. But as well, try to not have materials/drugs on you all times to avoid getting yourself arrested.

3rd Age

May 18th, 2013, 3:03 am

u do know when pd first open fires it engages the whole scenario to become a dm fest. if pd didn't always threat with guns and especially tazer, half the random shoot outs wouldn't happen

Aleya BANNED

May 18th, 2013, 3:06 am

3rd Age wrote:u do know when pd first open fires it engages the whole scenario to become a dm fest. if pd didn't always threat with guns and especially tazer, half the random shoot outs wouldn't happen
You have no idea how much we get provoked daily, tazer is the only thing we can threaten a civilian with. And it's used after several warnings. Also, bare in mind that if someone doesn't do what that LEO asked him to do after being warned twice or three times, he wants a shoot-out to start.

Paco_Pakito
Associate

May 18th, 2013, 3:27 am

Vagineer wrote:Whöt? So, a /frisk is followed by a /jail at all times? I haven't heard bout that one before.. Hmm..
What are you talking mate? You at least understood my reply??

I'll try to put it in other words: Since everyone carries materials/drugs/guns/sellables/wateva, if you /frisk someone he is sure he'll be /jail'ed....
Aleyazor wrote: You're right. As a LEO I don't always jail people for possessing materials whilst being frisked and found possessing them as it's ridiculous the way you'll say: "Wow, all those materials on you?!". It's unrealistic and I am trying to ignore that fact. But as well, try to not have materials/drugs on you all times to avoid getting yourself arrested.
I don't think you should consider they don't possess the materials because of the amount, since he wouldn't consider that in case of a buyer calling him.

However, if you ignore the materials just to avoid an arrest for carrying something that every1 does in server, ok... That's good.. However I still wouldn't take the risk.

If a cop tells me to pull over, its ok...If he asks my documentation, its ok... If he wants to ticket me, its ok... But if he wants to frisk, it's not ok....

Aleya BANNED

May 18th, 2013, 3:35 am

You're free to deny being frisked but you should expect being tazed/cuffed then frisked by force. So it's at your own risks.

Paco_Pakito
Associate

May 18th, 2013, 4:03 am

Na... It will just result in a GF between me and the LEO, maybe me calling backup, and a big situation may arise from a single frisk.

Yards-sama
Retired Admin
Game name: Darius_Rookwood

May 18th, 2013, 4:22 am

oh wait,you cant
It's called not being stupid. You're welcome.
Darius H. Rookwood
From Unofficial to Official

Rest in Peace, Spencer Wing

Carrone
Retired Admin
Game name: Michael_Carrone, MIKKEL_KERON, Nathan_Boyd

May 18th, 2013, 4:26 am

Yards-sama wrote:

oh wait,you cant
It's called not being stupid. You're welcome.
thanks usefull.
Our Father, who lifts in Heaven Hallowed be thy gains; Thy gym doth come, Thy curls be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily protein, and forgive us our asymmetries, for we forgive those who curl in the squat rack; and lead us not into cross-fit, but deliver us from cardio. Wheymen.

Return to “Outdated Guides”