There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
DaoC
Enforcer
Game name: Vidkun_Quisling, Reid_Andrius, Lazar_Angelov

[HOW-TO] GTA SA Mouse Problem Fix

July 23rd, 2013, 4:21 pm

Hello guys, this guid is dedicated to the ones who gets their mouse "stuck" while playing GTA SA (SAMP).
I didn't find any similar guid, so I decided to take some time off to write this guid.

As you have notice you many times get your camera "stuck" in a certain position, it is not possible to move your mouse and get your camera in a different position. This issue happens due to your windows 7 (it might be other reasons to), since SA is a old game, it pretty much outdated from the windows platform.

You go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\ [Your name]/ if you installed it with steam

Or

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas if you have the non-steam version

Right click the gta-sa.exe and go into properties.

then go into the Compatibility Tab.

Now check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and click Windows XP (Service Pack 2)

*important*
Then go look down and check and make sure to turn on:
"Disable Visual Themes" and

"Disable Desktop Composition" and

"Run This Program As An Administrator"

...and GTA - San Andreas should now work with full mouse functionality.

If you are not on windows 7 and have this issue I highly recommend trying those:

1. Keep moving the mouse and go to the menu and the press ESC to get back to the game.

2. Try update DirectX.

3. Try replacing DINPUT8.DLL In "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" directory, (this will work but might effect other games)

4. Try alt-tabbing out of the program and setting the processor affinity to 1 core in task manager on the gta-sa.exe.

Anaconda
Consigliere
Game name: Laurence_Ravensdale, Trevor_Armstrong

Re: [HOW-TO] GTA SA Mouse Problem Fix

July 25th, 2013, 6:52 pm

Jericho wrote:I would like to ask that my mouse always works fine, but when i G (Enter as a passenger) in a vehicle, The left-key stops working and i'vw to use Ctrl to shoot, Any answer?
You don't usually use '' left-key '' to shoot? Sometimes your camera freezes and you can't turn it. Pause the game, get back In Game and try using the Right Key again. If that doesn't work, Try with reloging or using /clear and pressing '' H '' to aim from the passenger seat again. I hope this helped you.

Oh, and also, you can just pause your game and resume it again. That fixes my problem all the time. This isn't necessary at all.
Last edited by Anaconda on July 25th, 2013, 6:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.

'Suppressed Pistol'

July 25th, 2013, 6:53 pm

I fix it somehow different, I either pause then go back in the game or unplug and plug the mouse again.

Oakley
Associate
Game name: Pepe_Burch, Jairo_Arias

July 25th, 2013, 6:56 pm

If your mouse is stuck in combination with San Andreas Multiplayer, you can go to your GTA San Andreas User files and enter SAMP folder and open samp.cfg and change your 'multicore' setting to '0'

Aleya BANNED

July 27th, 2013, 6:05 am

Or an easier/quicker way:
Settings > Graphics > Interface Mode > OFF.

These settings will save so you don't have to do it each time you login.

Return to “Outdated Guides”