2. In Character (IC)Taking a role, and playing it. In SA:MP-World the word "Roleplay" is defined as "Acting as In Real Life". Roleplay is the main reason why Roleplay servers are being created, as roleplay is always fun as long as it's realistic and roleplay rules are not broken.
3. Out of Character (OOC)Information and things which involve only YOUR CHARACTER. Your character driving, eating, working, chilling, smoking pot.. And so on.. Using smilies while being IC, is forbidden, you can use /me and act that your character is Ex. Smiling.
For as an example usage of /me:
You write: /me bursts out in laugh.
How it shows to other players: Galdo Meratzo bursts out in laugh.
You write: /me gently nods once and raises his right hand above his forehead, as he salutes.
How it shows to other players: Galdo Meratzo gently nods once and raises his right hand above his forehead, as he salutes.
4. Metagaming (MG)Information and things which involve YOU within real life. Special channels are made for this to talk OOC. You can talk about what you are doing currently. You can write anything in there, as long as it's not OOC insults, other than IC, where every sentence must be completely roleplayed.
There are different channels created for talking within OOC, such as:
And so on..
- /b - Public OOC Chat.
- /o - General chat visible to everyone when it's enabled.
- /f - Private chat created to talk with the faction members.
- /g - Private chat created to talk with the group members.
- /pm - Private chat created to talk with an individual.
All OOC chats are to be used in ENGLISH language only, except /pm, which is purposely created for two individuals to communicate with each other in whatever language they wish, as of the fact that it doesn't show out to others.
Your Out Of Character information/things shouldn't affect your In Character actions. (If it does, it is metagaming, read about it below.)
5. Powergaming (PG)Using OOC information IC. This is rulebreaking, which is not tolerated and strictly forbidden. Basically, you find out In Character information by Out Of Character actions.
Example of Metagaming:
Stav Camel meets Galdo Meratzo, while Stav Camel doesn't know Galdo Meratzos name. He looks above his head, which has a tag, reads it and says: "Hi, Galdo". This is most common metagaming example on Italy Mafia. In Real Life there isn't any tags above your head, which would describe your name, but in SA:MP there is. You shouldn't mix OOC with IC, so such actions should be done within In Character and Roleplay actions.
Example of correct way:
The correct way to get another players name is by asking them.. --> "Hi, what's your name, I'm Stav Camel!" Galdo Meratzo replies: "Hey Stav Camel, I'm Galdo Meratzo, nice to meet you!" - Right way to get the name, without metagaming at all!
6. DeathMatch (DM)Either forcing another player into a RP situation, which ends in the other player's disadvantage, or doing unrealistic things, which you couldn't make IRL, such as roleplaying taking out a minigun from your back pocket, you can't do that in real life, or can you?
Here is few examples:
You want to kill Person B. Let's name him, Sly.
/me shoots Sly from his deagle and kills him. - WRONG
Why is it wrong? You have forced him into a RP situation, where he must commit suicide. You must let him to resist. But as of the fact that roleplay situations as ''killing someone'' with /me or /do actions is very rare at IM, they just withdraw their weapon and kill you, if you don't kill him first.
/me aims at Slys head and shoots.
/do does the bullet hit him? - CORRECT
He can resist now, by either jumping, crouching, or whatever he can do with realistic roleplay.
Second example: Doing unrealistic things.
/me takes a rock from the ground and throws it in the sky.
/do it lands on the moon. - WRONG
No one could do that In Real Life, except if you're an astronaut. You must be realistic.
Sadly, some players abuse the powergaming rule, since they are so smart and tough that they think they can resist everything.
7. Revenge Kill (RK)As a short roleplay concept, it is killing a player without a valid IN CHARACTYER reason. Basically just shooting them because he's a trigger horny and likes to shoot and kill, that's obviously forbidden.
Situations as, having an minor argument, rather it be IC or OOC aren't a valid reason. A well constructed reason on Italy Mafia would be such as robbing a business and a police officer attempts to arrest you consequently, as yet still, this is a medium level roleplay server, but you shouldn't use that as a reason either.
8. Kill on Sight (KOS)Attempt to physically harm a player who killed you before for the same reason, which is killing you.
Some people think that Revenge Kill is only when you actually kill the person, but it is also a physical harm.
This is simple - you are going to kill the individual who killed you, for revenge. You can't do that, because of a simple rule - when you "die" (critically injured, unless it's a Player Kill), you lose your memory regarding hte situation. So you can't remember who killed you and therefore you can't return either.
But regarding to the server rules, all LEOs are allowed to return after 10 minutes has passed.
This is also associated with Metagaming (Rule Number 4) (Above)
9. Driver Drive-By (DDB)The term is not used but it's still alive. It is also associated with deathmatching. Either killing everybody you see, or killing a certain person you hate as many times as you wish for. This is STRICTLY forbidden and not tolerated. It has severe consquences.
10. Car RammingEither shooting from a driver's position with a gun.
Forbidden, why? Because it's very fast and auto-aims at the target. Only your mates sitting in passenger's position may shoot.
Or parking ontop of someone, which causes the player to loose health fast, while he is unable to move and fight back, it's not allowed because it's simply abusing.
11. Non-Roleplay name (NON-RP name)Attempt to physically harm a player or his vehicle with another vehicle. Forbidden, because it increases non-roleplay and it's provoking.
It is also very common to happen on Italy Mafia, especially when LSPD members are present, hence players usually provoke officers to make them chase them.
12. Spawn Killing (Sometimes SK)A name which isn't suitable In Real Life. The server reminded you about it, or an admin changed your name?
A name cannot be non-sense, such as "12345_ewrs", the First Name and Last Name first letters must be capitalized, and the name can't have numbers.
In short, give your character a name your mother would give to you, your mother wound'nt call you Mr_GaySmith69?
Example of a good roleplay names: Jake_Willson, Dimitri_Drakovich, Sonny_Laredo, Galdo_Meratzo, Marcus_Clifford, Lee_Hwang, Suguru_Taniguchi, Sam_Hunt, James_Wood, Giovanni_Bonanza, and so on...
13. Logging To Avoid or /q To AvoidRepeatedly killing players/player where they spawn. Associated with DMing, rule number 6. and KOS, rule number 8.. (See above)
This is a very used rule during illegal faction wars.
For as an example, Tattaglia standing infront of Kemirov HQ and waiting for them to exit, so they can instantly kill them.
Or as an second example, faction members shoting each other by the spawning spot. (El Es Pe De Creme Femili)
14. ExploitingExiting the game with either "/q", or pressing esc, choosing "Exit Game" and then "Yes'' to make you look like you have timed out.
There are 3 types of logging to avoid: Death, Arrest, and RP Situation.
In Real Life you can't just disappear, except if you have a magic cape like Harry Potter, it's actually a cloack he goes under.
15. Chicken RunningAbusing bugs. Simple, it's just exploiting game/script bugs for your advantage. Not gonna say any examples, as people might abuse them.
16. Bunny Hop (BHOP)Running in zigzags to avoid being shot at. It's running like a retard from side to side.
IT IS ALLOWED ON ITALY MAFIA, but I have included it as it's apart of the roleplaying concepts.
17. Healing in a war/gunfightHolding "sprint" button and jumping at the same time to travel faster. Associates with non-RPing, no one jumps In Real Life to travel faster, lol.
Yet still it's ALLOWED ON ITALY MAFIA, as of the fact that it is an ''lower than'' medium roleplaying server.
18. Faction Kill (FK)Just as the headline says. You can't /heal in gun fight, or a war.
You must either make sure you've completely evaded/eliminated your threat, and go to replenish your health points. Even better, call an ambulance and RP.
Healing includes getting armor in any way. Since Italy Mafia ain't a hardcore roleplay server, just healing after you evaded/eliminated your opponent by sprunk/meals or /heal inside a house is not punishable.
Also usage of DRUGS is allowed as a health/armor increase.
19. Character Kill (CK)It's definitely not the same as a regular kill is at a robbery or a random gunfight.
If a T1 or T0 of a faction wishes to get rid of you on purpose and kill you, you will be uninvited from the faction, and your whole memory is WIPED during the time you have participiated in the faction events.
Mainly used by illegal factions only.
20. PlanebombingThis is the ultimate kill. If you get CKed, or you CK yourself, you will lose everything. Your vehicles, houses will be sold, every single penny (money) gets removed. The account is also sometimes banned (only the account's name, not the IP.) It is a must to completely roleplay it, and permission to do so, should be granted from the administration of Italy Mafia.
Usually illegal factions don't get the oppertunity to do it, but legal factions such as FBI have done it before during the history of IM.
21 .Gun from assGetting a plane and bombing it into a crowd of players causing major damage to them, which most likely ends in death of those players. Not allowed, as it would be abused and it's highly Non-RP to, except if you wan't to RP a terrorist and end up with your character CK'ed.
Non-RPing taking a gun out of inventory aka scrolling to change/draw a weapon. , so if possible, you should Rply take your gun out with /me, but it isn't required on Italy Mafia.
/me takes out a deagle from his inner shirt pocket.
Gun in ass - Vice Versa to Gun from Ass, should be roleplayed too.
Example: /me puts his deagle in his inner shirt pocket.
This rule is not used on Italy Mafia, and therefore you are allowed to scroll weapons from your inventory without roleplaying.
I wish everyone a great time in roleplaying on Italy Mafia Roleplay,
Marcus Clifford, Lee Hwang, Galdo Meratzo.
© Galdo/Quattro revised & designed for Italy Mafia Roleplay.