There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
Chav
Associate
Game name: Teddy_Accardi, Danny_Pearce

Re: Revised Turf System

April 6th, 2015, 4:42 pm

Sly wrote:I believe this wasn't thought through enough lol.

vin
Retired Admin
Game name: Andrew_Yuksel, Marcus_Arryn

April 6th, 2015, 4:42 pm

Rip turfing.

Whiskey
Consigliere
Game name: Mickey_Reagan, Tywin_Moore, Rashad_Davis

April 6th, 2015, 4:43 pm

woot pretending to be afk while he comes up with a solution.

+rr is late

Snoozy
Consigliere
Game name: Santino_Capazzo

April 6th, 2015, 4:44 pm

Whiskey wrote:woot pretending to be afk while he comes up with a solution.

+rr is late
+ we forgot how to care

wiz
Soldier
Game name: Dario_Bonacci

April 6th, 2015, 4:45 pm

Copani
SASF Member
Game name: Antonio_Corzetti

April 6th, 2015, 4:45 pm

woot wrote: Corleone has this this unlucky member called Michael Corleone
nice writting woot

SmileMore
Outsider
Game name: Hugo_Hawkson

April 6th, 2015, 4:47 pm

nice update woot, who will own the hydrolics business ??

DeathWish
Associate
Game name: Dixie_DaSilva, Axel_Jay

April 6th, 2015, 4:48 pm

Best solution is probably having a warning message saying civillians enter at your own risk, and if you get killed in that turf, tough shit.

DaoC
Enforcer
Game name: Vidkun_Quisling, Reid_Andrius, Lazar_Angelov

April 6th, 2015, 4:50 pm

Hahahaha this tdm server

woot
Consigliere
Game name: Adam_Cooper

April 6th, 2015, 4:52 pm

Luigi Tattaglia wrote:Everyone should be forced to use reserved skins during turftakeovers to avoid useless reports, otherwise everyone inside the turf becomes a legitimate target as you can't make up who is going for a biz or not.
That's the wrong mentality - instead of showing everybody who you are, stay unrecognized, use random skins. Last time I checked if you deathmatch somebody that's a 2-4 hour jail

Fabio
Caporegime
Game name: Fabio_Paccini

April 6th, 2015, 4:54 pm

woot wrote:
Luigi Tattaglia wrote:Everyone should be forced to use reserved skins during turftakeovers to avoid useless reports, otherwise everyone inside the turf becomes a legitimate target as you can't make up who is going for a biz or not.
That's the wrong mentality - instead of showing everybody who you are, stay unrecognized, use random skins. Last time I checked if you deathmatch somebody that's a 2-4 hour jail
And how exactly are you supposed to defend your turf if they are using random skins?

DaoC
Enforcer
Game name: Vidkun_Quisling, Reid_Andrius, Lazar_Angelov

April 6th, 2015, 4:55 pm

Hey handsup!!!

woot
Consigliere
Game name: Adam_Cooper

Fabio wrote:
woot wrote:
And how exactly are you supposed to defend your turf if they are using random skins?
You follow people and look if they're "suspiciously" going from business to business to house to business. You don't just shoot anyone that stands infront of a business.

Makke
Community Owner
Game name: Makke_Benton

Fabio wrote:
woot wrote:

I bet random people won't go biz / house entrances and leave immediately???

Luigi Tattaglia
Retired Admin
Game name: Clint_Marshall, Luigi_Tattaglia

April 6th, 2015, 4:56 pm

woot wrote:
How are we supposed to find out who the enemies are then, because time is running out?

There is nothing that can indicate it. There is no IC nor OOC hint. Its just a lucky guess.

Fabio
Caporegime
Game name: Fabio_Paccini

April 6th, 2015, 4:56 pm

Okay restart it. Let's see how it plays out.

Luigi Tattaglia
Retired Admin

April 6th, 2015, 4:57 pm

Makke wrote:
Fabio wrote:
woot wrote:

What if they do? There is a possibility they do and with it comes a possibility to get ajailed while trying to defend your turf.

There is even a possibility to deliberately send your friends that are civilians to do it in order to get someone ajailed.

vin
Retired Admin

April 6th, 2015, 4:58 pm

Luigi Tattaglia wrote:
Makke wrote:
Fabio wrote:
woot wrote:

What if they do? There is a possibility they do. There is a possibility to deliberately send your friends that are civilians to do it in order to get someone ajailed.
((reply dm :) ))

ialokiN
Made man
Game name: Wei_Jiang, Jamie_Cunningham

April 6th, 2015, 4:59 pm

What's wrong in forcing members to use restricted skins during turf takeovers .. just like they do in a war?

Copani
SASF Member
Game name: Antonio_Corzetti

April 6th, 2015, 5:01 pm

The Game wrote:
woot wrote: Corleone has this this unlucky member called Michael Corleone
nice writting woot

SmokeyMLT
Server Helper
Game name: Nicholai_Antonovich, Kerim_Jiang

April 6th, 2015, 5:05 pm

P4kit0 wrote:5 guys, random skins, names off, alone driving around... How can be found by opposite faction other than using nametag?

This may lead to
"Oh, that guy is driving an nrg"
** PRAA PRAA PRAA **
** Random civilian shot down **
((reply on forum for dm))
+1,000,000,000,000,000,00,000,00,00,0,00,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

Darien
Underboss
Game name: Darien_Enzo, Maria_McCarthy

April 6th, 2015, 5:05 pm

The update looks good in writing, but in the DM Section of the reports, it's not going to look as good.

I think something should be done, maybe even a "You are entering a turfed area, your name has been automatically turned on"

ialokiN
Made man
Game name: Wei_Jiang, Jamie_Cunningham

April 6th, 2015, 5:06 pm

No ,maybe DM reports like that should be considered invalid since they will be already warned ( turf message).
Last edited by ialokiN on April 6th, 2015, 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wiz
Soldier
Game name: Dario_Bonacci

Darien wrote:The update looks good in writing, but in the DM Section of the reports, it's not going to look as good.

I think something should be done, maybe even a "You are entering a turfed area, your name has been automatically turned on"
Isn't that concidered as metagaming but in this case the server automatically makes you metagame? XD

Luigi Tattaglia
Retired Admin

Simply forcin restricted skins will solve it lol

zedy
Enforcer
Game name: Mickey_Provenzano, Zohar_Vaschenko, Rafael_DeMeo

April 6th, 2015, 5:07 pm

NIOCE

vin
Retired Admin

April 6th, 2015, 5:07 pm

..or just don't implement this system.

Luigi Tattaglia
Retired Admin

April 6th, 2015, 5:08 pm

Vin wrote:..or just don't implement this system.
well, that escalated quickly

Darien
Underboss
Game name: Darien_Enzo, Maria_McCarthy

April 6th, 2015, 5:08 pm

wiz wrote:
Darien wrote:The update looks good in writing, but in the DM Section of the reports, it's not going to look as good.

Isn't that concidered as metagaming but in this case the server automatically makes you metagame? XD

I thought woot allowed MG in cases like this? correct me if i'm wrong but isn't that how it's always been? I mean at least that's what people like Luigi, carlito, etc say? And.... I promise if I respond to a biz robbery with name on and civ skin on my PD account I will get shot and PM'ed "You're a cop, not DM" So.... Not like you guys don't do it anyways.

Luigi Tattaglia
Retired Admin

April 6th, 2015, 5:09 pm

Darien wrote:
wiz wrote:

I thought woot allowed MG in cases like this? correct me if i'm wrong but isn't that how it's always been? I mean at least that's what people like Luigi, carlito, etc say? And.... I promise if I respond to a biz robbery with name on and civ skin on my PD account I will get shot and PM'ed "You're a cop, not DM" So.... Not like you guys don't do it anyways.
If we respond to a turf because its blinking on a map/because a text notified us about it, then its MG from the start, but its obviously allowed to respond.

Theres no guidelines anyway, everyone can claim whatever they want lol
Last edited by Luigi Tattaglia on April 6th, 2015, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Community Announcements”