There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
Alsarty
SA Police Department
Game name: Sergie_Severov, Asuka_Akiyama

Re: Revised Turf System

April 14th, 2015, 1:55 am

MaOs wrote:
Alsarty wrote:
Ayden wrote:PD turf, there is a pns biz inside pd, none can get in....
U arent supposed to take PD's turf anyway.
Pershing Square turf should be available to take imo, and I think it is right now
Nino said before it isn't allowed to take turfs where GOV buildings are

Simply because every1 used to get some corrupt cop to open the gate and they'd just turf from inside PD inside the garage lol

Should stay as it is imo you got around 20 turf more to take

Pablo
Senior Administrator
Game name: Pablo_Tattaglia

April 14th, 2015, 2:11 am

Alsarty wrote:
MaOs wrote:
Alsarty wrote:
Ayden wrote:PD turf, there is a pns biz inside pd, none can get in....
U arent supposed to take PD's turf anyway.
Pershing Square turf should be available to take imo, and I think it is right now
Nino said before it isn't allowed to take turfs where GOV buildings are

Simply because every1 used to get some corrupt cop to open the gate and they'd just turf from inside PD inside the garage lol

Should stay as it is imo you got around 20 turf more to take
If that was the actual reason it's now invalid due to a new turfing system, why shouldn't it be takable?

Alsarty
SA Police Department
Game name: Sergie_Severov, Asuka_Akiyama

April 14th, 2015, 2:14 am

Because you still have to go in PD to get the last biz

Oh lets not forget that you'll shoot every cop you see because you're turfing, even in our spawn point.

Bossnigguh
Head Administrator
Game name: Carlito_Tattaglia, Frank_Turner

April 14th, 2015, 2:35 am

MaOs wrote:After taking more or less 15 turfs with my faction I think I can speak with knowledge of matter from a regular player point of view.

At the beginning I found this system was innovative and funny to participate in, after 15 turfs, I see it more as a routine than something that provides me fun. Basically, other factions do not have time to react or do not react at all when taking a turf, there are no gunfights with enemy factions during the process of take over > less fun

My idea is to bring back the old system, but combined with this one.

For example, 6 players must stand at certain place of the turf for two minutes (anyplace they want), when 2 minutes passed, they have one minute to move to a designed place in the turf, they must ALL make it or the process will fail. When they reach the new location, they must wait for another minute, and it will be succesfull.

maybe something like this would solve the problem (?)
There was no problem with the previous system XD All it needed is some upgrading --> lowering notoriety by 50% or making a way for turf owners to decrease it, adding turf info (like we have now) etc. = win

Previous system required teamwork and offered lots of different ways of taking: roof takeovers, involvement of planes and heli's, involvement of cars(even taking from car roofs), blocking yourself into certain positions, using allies as decoy or to cover you, hiding to takeover etc.

holding ground/defending and attacking certain positions while relying on your team simply works, rushing from cp to cp doesn't.

Pablo
Senior Administrator
Game name: Pablo_Tattaglia

April 14th, 2015, 3:03 am

Alsarty wrote:Because you still have to go in PD to get the last biz

Oh lets not forget that you'll shoot every cop you see because you're turfing, even in our spawn point.
CP's can be deleted such as that one, and why would anyone shoot cops whilst turfing? They don't even see turf

Darien
Underboss
Game name: Darien_Enzo, Maria_McCarthy

April 14th, 2015, 3:16 am

Pablo wrote:
Alsarty wrote:Because you still have to go in PD to get the last biz

CP's can be deleted such as that one, and why would anyone shoot cops whilst turfing? They don't even see turf
why do you even want the PD Turf. find different things to complain about xD

Kody Vendetta
Enforcer
Game name: Khalil_Coke

April 14th, 2015, 8:22 am

And PD becomes the subject, ok.

We turf the whole map stfu.

Bee
Soldier
Game name: John_Reacher

April 14th, 2015, 9:08 am

PD occupies only one turf.
Somehow you people manage to go round and round and end up with discussion against PD.

Wow, this is real.

P4kit0
Caporegime
Game name: Paco_Pakito

Revised Turf System

April 14th, 2015, 10:33 am

We, illegals, ALWAYS defended civ turfs. There are three main reasons:
1st) enemies often rob on ur high noto turfs to reset them and take. Giving them immunity to take with no risk would make no sense.
2nd) if a turf us successfuly taken u have to wait like 4 hours to retake it, while if u defend it u only have to wait 1 hr or smth. Therefore, you coearly have a benefit in defending.
3rd) yes, turf syatem does not follow a realistic logic nor a strict rp one. It follows IM logic. It is all about showung off ur man and fire power and have fun shooting...

As for PD thing, why would PD turf be immune? There are businesses in it right? Which are still worth turf taxes and able to be extorted. I don't see why "you aren't supposed to take PD turf" when it has a shit ton of public businesses in it.
And please, don't cry and play the victim role in every single thread "omg illegals r so mean they shoot us in turf for no reason". I've been in and out LEA's since 2012 and I never been shot in a turf. On top of that, I've never seen illegals opening fire on cops, unless cops pass by a turf gunfight and join it.

unix
Outsider
Game name: Teresa_Anzalone

April 14th, 2015, 10:56 am

This turf system easy really.

Makke
Community Owner
Game name: Makke_Benton

April 14th, 2015, 11:22 am

P4kit0 wrote:We, illegals, ALWAYS defended civ turfs. There are three main reasons:
1st) enemies often rob on ur high noto turfs to reset them and take. Giving them immunity to take with no risk would make no sense.
2nd) if a turf us successfuly taken u have to wait like 4 hours to retake it, while if u defend it u only have to wait 1 hr or smth. Therefore, you coearly have a benefit in defending.
3rd) yes, turf syatem does not follow a realistic logic nor a strict rp one. It follows IM logic. It is all about showung off ur man and fire power and have fun shooting...

As for PD thing, why would PD turf be immune? There are businesses in it right? Which are still worth turf taxes and able to be extorted. I don't see why "you aren't supposed to take PD turf" when it has a shit ton of public businesses in it.
And please, don't cry and play the victim role in every single thread "omg illegals r so mean they shoot us in turf for no reason". I've been in and out LEA's since 2012 and I never been shot in a turf. On top of that, I've never seen illegals opening fire on cops, unless cops pass by a turf gunfight and join it.
K3lroy wrote:Do not take them. They're meant to be 'sacred' ground.

SASF and LSPD are the local law enforcement, and their presence is IC 100% on those locations.

SASF Base is a military base which is meant to be highly protected and there are, IC, AA guns and turrets.
Those are mapped and I'm pretty sure you are aware of this already.

LSPD HQ is the center of the city and there are always cops there. It doesn't make sense to capture that turf.
It's a legal place, and it's a faction HQ - you can't camp the PD to take over from the garage, roof or whatever.
Don't do it.

I allowed you to take the Fire Dept. turf now that it is gone, and FBI turf can be taken because it's a small HQ and it isn't active.
GOV HQ is the hospital near FBI HQ and that's not being used, so that's why you can capture that as well. (Pretty sure it's the same turf)

In regards to robbing in SASF base - avoid it, same reason you can't take turfs in the base.
If you are a small group of 4 people or something, and SASF are 4 or more people online, sure go ahead and rob something - but consider that it's a spawnpoint and what I wrote above.

Common sense people, thanks.

Old reply from k3lroy @ f-leader section. Ignore SASF thing obv.

About "protecting" unowned turf, it is been allowed like always - two years ago there was something discussion about it but it was still allowed, idk if there is some new rule about it :d

P4kit0
Caporegime

April 14th, 2015, 11:27 am

Doesn't mean I agree with it.
"PD turf" is way larger than "PD HQ" and includes a shit ton of businesses. I do agree with the "don't take turfs from PD HQ", but making it restricted to take the turf at all, it's not reasonable in my opinion.

Anyways, it's not something I really care about. As far as I'm concerned, you could even restrict the turfs on the whole city.
My reply was simply explaining why illegals defend civ turfs for years and why imo the "pd turf" immunity makes no sense.

There was a time that even Hospital turf was restricted lol xD

Bee
Soldier
Game name: John_Reacher

April 14th, 2015, 11:32 am

Why are you arguing over something that's so small?

There are not that many business over it.
So, technically you're saying mafia has control over Police headquarters aswell?
Last edited by Bee on April 14th, 2015, 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Makke
Community Owner

April 14th, 2015, 11:33 am

P4kit0 wrote:Doesn't mean I agree with it.
"PD turf" is way larger than "PD HQ" and includes a shit ton of businesses. I do agree with the "don't take turfs from PD HQ", but making it restricted to take the turf at all, it's not reasonable in my opinion.

Anyways, it's not something I really care about. As far as I'm concerned, you could even restrict the turfs on the whole city.
My reply was simply explaining why illegals defend civ turfs for years and why imo the "pd turf" immunity makes no sense.

There was a time that even Hospital turf was restricted lol xD
Ya, i got what you mean.

but isn't pershing square turf only pd / city hall wide? it'd be hella "fun" to see 2000 mafia boys cruising around that area and shoot others down while they are going to place a to b 24/7 xd that doesn't make sense either :p

P4kit0
Caporegime

April 14th, 2015, 11:37 am

Don't mafias rob in PD turf 24/7? Don't mafias roll cops in robbizzs at that location 24/7?
Dunno what's the ham about owning a turf when we roll there 24/7.

And Bee, turf = illegal power & money from turf taxes. We can't use tickets to boost our faction banks. What is irrelevant for you, isn't for others. It pretty much annoys us when someone restricts us from taking turfs that possess several businesses where we rob 24/7.

Makke
Community Owner

April 14th, 2015, 11:38 am

P4kit0 wrote:Don't mafias rob in PD turf 24/7? Don't mafias roll cops in robbizzs at that location 24/7?
Dunno what's the ham about owning a turf when we roll there 24/7.

And Bee, turf = illegal power & money from turf taxes. We can't use tickets to boost our faction banks.

There is many things which doesn't make sense, but let it be like it's now. There is only like 5-6 biz and those don't even earn anything.. implying you would get any taxes ^__^

I let you soon only take one turf hue ;> jk obv..

maybe the turf should be split to two, idk.

P4kit0
Caporegime

April 14th, 2015, 11:44 am

well wtv i dont care anyways xD but if I was playing actively it would annoy me ye.

Luigi Tattaglia
Retired Admin
Game name: Clint_Marshall, Luigi_Tattaglia

April 14th, 2015, 2:18 pm

You people manage to make a problem out of every little thing there is ingame.

P4kit0
Caporegime

April 14th, 2015, 2:20 pm

Luigi Tattaglia wrote:You people manage to make a problem out of every little thing there is ingame.
speaks the giant essay mekker!! :o

Ethan Hunt
Made man
Game name: Ethan_Hunt

April 14th, 2015, 2:27 pm

Luigi Tattaglia wrote:You people manage to make a problem out of every little thing there is ingame.
You were the first who came out with the problems that this turf system can cause.
XD

S99
Government
Game name: Stuart_Lazovsky, Stuart_Smith, Stuart_Henderson

April 14th, 2015, 6:10 pm

ye... Its life, nothings perfect yet people always have to be negative

Chromium
Outsider
Game name: Nona_Yzb

April 14th, 2015, 6:24 pm

S99 wrote:
ye... Its life, nothings perfect yet people always have to be negative

MaOs
Enforcer
Game name: Marcos_Ossola

April 14th, 2015, 6:40 pm

Bossnigguh wrote:
MaOs wrote:After taking more or less 15 turfs with my faction I think I can speak with knowledge of matter from a regular player point of view.

At the beginning I found this system was innovative and funny to participate in, after 15 turfs, I see it more as a routine than something that provides me fun. Basically, other factions do not have time to react or do not react at all when taking a turf, there are no gunfights with enemy factions during the process of take over > less fun

My idea is to bring back the old system, but combined with this one.

For example, 6 players must stand at certain place of the turf for two minutes (anyplace they want), when 2 minutes passed, they have one minute to move to a designed place in the turf, they must ALL make it or the process will fail. When they reach the new location, they must wait for another minute, and it will be succesfull.

maybe something like this would solve the problem (?)
There was no problem with the previous system XD All it needed is some upgrading --> lowering notoriety by 50% or making a way for turf owners to decrease it, adding turf info (like we have now) etc. = win

Previous system required teamwork and offered lots of different ways of taking: roof takeovers, involvement of planes and heli's, involvement of cars(even taking from car roofs), blocking yourself into certain positions, using allies as decoy or to cover you, hiding to takeover etc.

holding ground/defending and attacking certain positions while relying on your team simply works, rushing from cp to cp doesn't.
ikr, when turf system was changed, I gave this new system a chance because I didn't knew any other system of taking turf, but now I see the older system is the one that gave the more ways to apply the strategy you wanted to, now you can only drive to checkpoints and nothing else.

the older system gave more freedom to players to use the method they want, I surely vouch for the old system now

ScarGarnett
Donator
Game name: Claudio_Giordani

April 14th, 2015, 7:39 pm

Good.

Luigi Tattaglia
Retired Admin

April 14th, 2015, 8:06 pm

Ethan Hunt wrote:
You were the first who came out with the problems that this turf system can cause.
XD
You clearly didn't understand what I meant to say.

The previous turf system worked perfectly well. It got changed for XYZ reasons > creating changes/problems out of it.

The problems; discussions and reports about DM, messy backup system cos you can't really /mycp and retrace while getting shot and only having 45 seconds and so on.
p4kito wrote:speaks the giant essay mekker!!
Yes, cuz a problem is made out of somethin that shouldn't be one.
Last edited by Luigi Tattaglia on April 14th, 2015, 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aleyaj
Enforcer
Game name: Daryl_Gates, Frank_Caci, Mario_Spera

April 14th, 2015, 8:07 pm

always tatta complaining about updates j
wipe pls

Luigi Tattaglia
Retired Admin

April 14th, 2015, 8:09 pm

TonyF wrote:always tatta complaining about updates j
wipe pls

Infamous
Soldier
Game name: Sam_Woods, Jay_MacKinley

April 14th, 2015, 8:39 pm

wipe pls
Nice try aleya...Nice try.

P4kit0
Caporegime

April 14th, 2015, 8:42 pm

wipe pls
Yet, we're the ones that last longer, and contribute more :D :D

CruzTattaglia
Faction Leader
Game name: Cruz_Tattaglia, Built_Different

April 14th, 2015, 9:00 pm

Ethan Hunt wrote:
XD
That's not a little thing you know :)

Return to “Community Announcements”