There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
OrkaHaris
Consigliere
Game name: Anthony_Capetta, Orka_Haris

Re: [Guide]How to recruit members to the mob

November 7th, 2012, 2:30 pm

Kingunit wrote:
frankvg wrote:They will, really, they are not dumb.
It's like using English or Nigerian - translated to English - proverbs. We don't get them.
You honestly didn't understand what he meant by it?

Goterelli wrote:It's like 5% change that to high-ranked mafioso will appear to place where you are whacked.
IRL it's like 0,000001% percent tho. ;)
Not in the 60's my friend
O R K A H A R I S
"the killer whale"
2 0 0 7 - 2 0 1 7

"Tattaglia venne, e vide e vinse"

Eddie
Enforcer
Game name: Philip_Bradshaw, Santiago_Batiz

November 7th, 2012, 2:35 pm

frankvg wrote:Just like a known saying from Holland : Als er 1 schaap over de dam is, volgen er meer.
Translation : If one sheep is over the dam, more will follow.
elaborate that saying maybe.

OrkaHaris
Consigliere

November 7th, 2012, 2:53 pm

Eddie wrote:
frankvg wrote:Just like a known saying from Holland : Als er 1 schaap over de dam is, volgen er meer.
Translation : If one sheep is over the dam, more will follow.
elaborate that saying maybe.
If one man who's looked up to does something - others will follow and do the same.
O R K A H A R I S
"the killer whale"
2 0 0 7 - 2 0 1 7

Kjetil

November 7th, 2012, 4:03 pm

Kingunit wrote:
It's like using English or Nigerian - translated to English - proverbs. We don't get them.
No, it is not. If you don't understand the English translation, I feel sorry for you.

OrkaHaris
Consigliere

November 7th, 2012, 4:34 pm

Kjetil wrote:
Kingunit wrote:
No, it is not. If you don't understand the English translation, I feel sorry for you.
O R K A H A R I S
"the killer whale"
2 0 0 7 - 2 0 1 7

Johnny
Enforcer
Game name: Johnny_Carrone

November 7th, 2012, 6:14 pm

OrkaHaris wrote:
Johnny wrote:Factions who care then will have no members, which will cause them to be careless as well. Sorry for being argumentative, but I`m referring to realism here.
I don't invite when asked upon. I tell them to fuck off regardless if their mates or not. (apart from tbag)
If someone calls me up looking for work, I tell them to fuck off, hangs up and call them metagamers.
We in other hand do have a system of application on the job center section, for our legal side of our organisation.
Those who are accepted stays on the legal side untill their higher potential has been shown though.
Lol, that`s basic, we`re speaking about actual joining in a mob, a mafia. Which most certainly does not work through a bar, a store or a donuts shop. I`m not here to criticise anyone, I as well sometimes hire through my bar and obviously send my bartenders to defend turfs, as the rest of us. - That`s not the right method, but that`s how it is.
It`s not about 'ignoring PMs or avoiding metagamers', it`s way more and requires much more of the community`s motivation to the cause. Of course, faction leaders have influence, agreements can be made, sure.. But that`s not enough, it`s the community which builds the game, the routine, you can`t really change that, so you flow with it.

I really don`t like ruining the thread with my so call negativity, but I have tried doing what yall wish for so bad.. And it didn`t work, :/. So if you have the motivation and you`re willing to stand up for your words, go ahead, I`m expecting it.

Kjetil

November 7th, 2012, 6:19 pm

I notice already it is a hard thing to do. It's hard to gain members, but I will not sacrifice my integrity one more time to gain power.

OrkaHaris
Consigliere

November 7th, 2012, 6:48 pm

Johnny wrote:
OrkaHaris wrote:
Johnny wrote:Factions who care then will have no members, which will cause them to be careless as well. Sorry for being argumentative, but I`m referring to realism here.
I don't invite when asked upon. I tell them to fuck off regardless if their mates or not. (apart from tbag)
If someone calls me up looking for work, I tell them to fuck off, hangs up and call them metagamers.
We in other hand do have a system of application on the job center section, for our legal side of our organisation.
Those who are accepted stays on the legal side untill their higher potential has been shown though.
Lol, that`s basic, we`re speaking about actual joining in a mob, a mafia. Which most certainly does not work through a bar, a store or a donuts shop. I`m not here to criticise anyone, I as well sometimes hire through my bar and obviously send my bartenders to defend turfs, as the rest of us. - That`s not the right method, but that`s how it is.
It`s not about 'ignoring PMs or avoiding metagamers', it`s way more and requires much more of the community`s motivation to the cause. Of course, faction leaders have influence, agreements can be made, sure.. But that`s not enough, it`s the community which builds the game, the routine, you can`t really change that, so you flow with it.

I really don`t like ruining the thread with my so call negativity, but I have tried doing what yall wish for so bad.. And it didn`t work, :/. So if you have the motivation and you`re willing to stand up for your words, go ahead, I`m expecting it.
Well I certanly agree with you on most parts, and it's a not a negative post, it's a constructive one. Regardless if it's clear that it is like it is and would barely be able to change - it's good to mention it instead of leaving it out (:
O R K A H A R I S
"the killer whale"
2 0 0 7 - 2 0 1 7

DonCorleone
Enforcer
Game name: Vito_Graveli

November 7th, 2012, 6:55 pm

Mario,i like this idea and this can be full with RP,back in Rizzuto time's,when i was promoted to Capo (thank's Alltierri),i did this. IC invite with RP best way.
----------------------------------------------
Vito J. Graveli
ex Rizzuto Crime Family Capo
ex Corleone Crime Family Capo,Consigliere,Underboss,Acting Don - missing since 2015.....in last couple days,he have been spoted in town

OrkaHaris
Consigliere

November 7th, 2012, 7:06 pm

DonCorleone wrote:Mario,i like this idea and this can be full with RP,back in Rizzuto time's,when i was promoted to Capo (thank's Alltierri),i did this. IC invite with RP best way.
All three of the stooges Altierri, Gustave and Yards are all great roleplayers.
All their factions has been done mainly this way from my experience.
I helped them get an old Irish mob official and ran against Gustave in the mayor cadaicy.

Great guys - great roleplayers. Though Yards is black.
O R K A H A R I S
"the killer whale"
2 0 0 7 - 2 0 1 7

Tony_Tagliano
Outsider
Game name: Tony_Tagliano

November 7th, 2012, 9:14 pm

Ehruhgahn wrote:
DonCorleone wrote:I always said,when i was low level too,remove the Faction aplication,that suck's and its stupid.

-- Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:29 am --

And its time for t0's to form "The Comission" and every single month(lets say) anounce "Capo di tutti Capi" betwen Mafia's. Capo di tutti Capi ned to be respected in any ways,even if two or more Familie's are in conflict.
Won't happen, it has been tried many times over the WHOLE IM histroy, Only worked slightly back in Old'e days
already tried that aswell.

where the capo's get invited to dinner with the Godfathers... and stuff.
Retired Player, Helper & Radio DJ.
September 2011 - Mars 2013.
Spoiler
Characters:
Tony_Corleone - Godfather - Corleone 05.2012 - 01.01.2013
Tony_Tagliano - Underboss - Rizzuto
Tony_Tagliano - Caporegime - Barzini. - around december in 2011.
Cesar_Dominguez - Caporegime - Paterno Begining 2012.

Jack_Hilton - Italy Mafia Player 2008-2009 Lieutenant in LVPD, SDC , Sgarrista in Leone, Corleone & Stracci[/align]

Ehruhgahn
Enforcer
Game name: Niklaus_Monticelli, Dmitry_Petrovich

November 7th, 2012, 9:27 pm

Tony_Tagliano wrote:
Ehruhgahn wrote:
DonCorleone wrote:I always said,when i was low level too,remove the Faction aplication,that suck's and its stupid.

And its time for t0's to form "The Comission" and every single month(lets say) anounce "Capo di tutti Capi" betwen Mafia's. Capo di tutti Capi ned to be respected in any ways,even if two or more Familie's are in conflict.
Won't happen, it has been tried many times over the WHOLE IM histroy, Only worked slightly back in Old'e days

it might work Tony...
I support roleplay on Italy Mafia.

Tony_Tagliano
Outsider

November 7th, 2012, 9:34 pm

Ehruhgahn wrote:
Tony_Tagliano wrote:
Ehruhgahn wrote:

it might work Tony...
maybe now, but not when i tried.
Since i did it, alot of new tier 0's has come. But sure! I'm very open to try it once more.
Spoiler
Characters:

Jack_Hilton - Italy Mafia Player 2008-2009 Lieutenant in LVPD, SDC , Sgarrista in Leone, Corleone & Stracci[/align]

Ehruhgahn
Enforcer

November 7th, 2012, 10:56 pm

Your UB is doing it ^.^ We have already met

Tony_Tagliano
Outsider

November 7th, 2012, 11:05 pm

Ehruhgahn wrote:Your UB is doing it ^.^ We have already met
I know, i got contact with the in-world :P
Spoiler
Characters:

Clifton
Associate
Game name: Dexter_Clifton, Viktor_Bolshov

November 8th, 2012, 3:20 pm

I agree with you cause when a player finds that joining X faction is hard and in need of hard work/time/roleplay and find another faction X who recruits via /ads will ofc prefer the easy way(not all but 99%)
Spoiler

Dexter Clifton, SA Special Forces Private 1st Class
Viktor Bolshov, San Andreas Police Department Corporal, S.W.A.T.
Dexter Clifton, San Andreas Police Department Corporal, Field Training Unit.
Dexter Clifton, LS Police Department Captain, Recruitment & Training Bureau Chief.
Dominic Crenshaw, The Crips Leader in East Los Santos.
Viktor Bolshov, LV Police Department Lieutenant.
Viktor Bolshov, SA Special Forces 2nd Lieutenant, 1st Platoon.

Ehruhgahn
Enforcer

November 8th, 2012, 3:43 pm

Viktor Bolshov wrote:
I agree with you cause when a player finds that joining X faction is hard and in need of hard work/time/roleplay and find another faction X who recruits via /ads will ofc prefer the easy way(not all but 99%)

Yes but if all of us work like this, Than how will X Faction be different to Y faction?

Sly
Consigliere
Game name: Sly_Carrone, Sam_Hunt, Dexter_Whittaker

November 8th, 2012, 3:47 pm

Ehruhgahn wrote:
Viktor Bolshov wrote:

Yes but if all of us work like this, Than how will X Faction be different to Y faction?
I'm sure none of you want to be called or have reputation of Barzini, Stracci or Paterno had at some times (Not always, don't jump).
As faction leader With great power comes great responsibility and this is one of them I guess. :)
ImageImage

OrkaHaris
Consigliere

November 8th, 2012, 10:40 pm

Viktor Bolshov wrote:
Well take a look where that will lead them to :)
O R K A H A R I S
"the killer whale"
2 0 0 7 - 2 0 1 7

Kjetil

November 12th, 2012, 3:43 am

I've recruited via ads twice, both times ended up with a wipe. The first time it wasn't my decision (planned before I started the recruitment, and without my knowledge), but the last time it was. And I truly learned by that. What may have worked one time may not always work twice. Also, for me, the fun is in the role play, not in having many people, great firepower and a lot of turfs and money. It's a hard beginning, Corleone is lacking members, but we're sticking to our choice and it will eventually work. If it doesn't, I'll just withdraw from my position and quit IM forever.

OrkaHaris
Consigliere

November 12th, 2012, 10:14 am

Kjetil wrote:I've recruited via ads twice, both times ended up with a wipe. The first time it wasn't my decision (planned before I started the recruitment, and without my knowledge), but the last time it was. And I truly learned by that. What may have worked one time may not always work twice. Also, for me, the fun is in the role play, not in having many people, great firepower and a lot of turfs and money. It's a hard beginning, Corleone is lacking members, but we're sticking to our choice and it will eventually work. If it doesn't, I'll just withdraw from my position and quit IM forever.
Sadly Cuneo isn't like that. We don't lack members - and whenever we lack turfs people rage. I personally don't give a rats ass regarding turfs though "they make money", only thing I care for are looks. We've always had the same recruitment system me and Giosué, oddly enough it doesn't change much from faction to faction with us. We even state when we make the unofficial that we will never make ads, though ofcourse that's where we end up anyways due to "WE DONT HAVE ANY MEMBERS FELIX!", I always say that members aren't what matters. Though I've always wanted to do something like you currently are, you're a huge inspiration to not only me but many others. Keep up the good work bro.
O R K A H A R I S
"the killer whale"
2 0 0 7 - 2 0 1 7

DonCorleone
Enforcer
Game name: Vito_Graveli

November 12th, 2012, 8:07 pm

Tony_Tagliano wrote:
Ehruhgahn wrote:
Tony_Tagliano wrote:
Ehruhgahn wrote:

it might work Tony...
maybe now, but not when i tried.
Since i did it, alot of new tier 0's has come. But sure! I'm very open to try it once more.
I dont know how work's there,but you have the "Faction Leader's Group? Yes? Open one thread there. And for Capo's that will be only honor to be on meeting with all Bosse's. Im saying in name of all Capo's on IM.
----------------------------------------------
Vito J. Graveli
ex Rizzuto Crime Family Capo
ex Corleone Crime Family Capo,Consigliere,Underboss,Acting Don - missing since 2015.....in last couple days,he have been spoted in town

Ryan
Enforcer
Game name: Richard_Peverelli

November 12th, 2012, 8:56 pm

Recruitment via /ads doesn't have to be non roleplay. You can recruit for an IC business and let them work their way up, instead of informing someone you've only meant for a few minutes that you're indeed a criminal.
Last edited by Ryan on November 12th, 2012, 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clifton
Associate
Game name: Dexter_Clifton, Viktor_Bolshov

November 12th, 2012, 10:44 pm

Ryan wrote:Recruited via /ads doesn't have to be non roleplay. You can recruit for an IC business and let them work their way up, instead of informing someone you've only meant for a few minutes that you're indeed a criminal.
Indeed I tested that in some hard roleplay server you have to work in their businesses legaly for weeks maybe months until you gain there trust and it's much better than the fast recruitment way and more exciting.
Spoiler

Dexter Clifton, SA Special Forces Private 1st Class
Viktor Bolshov, San Andreas Police Department Corporal, S.W.A.T.
Dexter Clifton, San Andreas Police Department Corporal, Field Training Unit.
Dexter Clifton, LS Police Department Captain, Recruitment & Training Bureau Chief.
Dominic Crenshaw, The Crips Leader in East Los Santos.
Viktor Bolshov, LV Police Department Lieutenant.
Viktor Bolshov, SA Special Forces 2nd Lieutenant, 1st Platoon.

Kjetil

November 16th, 2012, 7:02 pm

Viktor Bolshov wrote:
Ryan wrote:Recruited via /ads doesn't have to be non roleplay. You can recruit for an IC business and let them work their way up, instead of informing someone you've only meant for a few minutes that you're indeed a criminal.
Indeed I tested that in some hard roleplay server you have to work in their businesses legaly for weeks maybe months until you gain there trust and it's much better than the fast recruitment way and more exciting.
It works because it's a game. Do that in real life and it wouldn't work well.

We're going to get as close to real life as possible, though that isn't as close as people would think, mainly because players can't manage the strict role play.

Return to “Outdated Guides”