There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
Niky
Soldier
Game name: Nikki_Conard

[Guide] How To roleplay certain character?

July 15th, 2013, 1:41 pm

Hello fella's i tought i could write some guide while I'm jailed, today I am going to be showing you alot of ways that can help you to roleplay or create a character, it is not that hard but you need to open your mind wide-open and focus on alot of stuff but due to my long and endless experience in the world of roleplay, I roleplayed so many characters and themes; starting with an italian mobser to a loyal officer and the list goes on and on, but it is really important to have certain elements so you can roleplay a really good and decent character, I'd say you need the following:
  • You need a NAME.
  • You need a THEME.
  • You need a RESOURCE TO COUNT ON.
  • You need an APPEARENCE.
  • You need a CREATIVE STYLE TO ROLEPLAY YOUR CHARACTER.
NAME
  • Since one of the basic meanings of roleplay is "acting like in real life"- each and every character must has a name just like in the real world, it might sound simple but it is not, the name actually reflects the way that your character work, act and style. My best tips for this would be the following:
[*] Search around the websites and be creative, combine your resources into an awesome name.
[*] Make it sound professional, unique and creative.
[*]Make it as simple as possible, long names always do not get the other player's attraction.[/list]

THEME
  • After you picked up your name that might gain you the right respect and needs IC and OOC, you need a theme to count on and sometimes counting on a theme and then choosing a name is also right. A theme is basically "something" that you counted on in your roleplay it is basically the "back-ground picture" of your character, here are my tips:
[*] Always roleplay the theme that you know 100%- DO NOT roleplay a theme that you never heared about it.
[*] Ever watched a movie?- I bet you did, it might be useful to roleplay certain themes that came across the movies you watched. Refresh your memory.
[*] Books, plays, stories can also be a helpful resource for themes- maybe it is the time for you to start reading a little bit.
[*] Choose the right theme for your character, make sure it fits your name also.[/list]

HELPFUL RESOURCES
  • As I stated above, helpful resources can always help to develope your character to the next level, you can always look for alot of ways that can help you create a new kind of roleplay, a decent one that no one ever roleplayed it and remmber : "Newbies always follow the leader's footsteps,so be the leader, my best tips would be :
[*] Any vedios, TV serieses, books and stories can always be helpful.
[*] Our beloved Google is always ready to help.
[*] Ask other players that roleplay the theme that you are planning to roleplay it, they will be more than happy to help you out.[/list]

APPEARENCE
  • As I stated before and since the roleplay is all about "acting like in real life"- your character must have an appearence and by appearence I mean - A way that your character appear to others, choosing the right appearence that fits your NAME and THEME is the right thing to do and will give your character a better image, here are my tips:
[*] Mention your character's hight.
[*] Mentiom your character's weight.
[*] Mention your character's age.
[*] Mention your character's type of clothes the he wears- (leather jacket, Black sunglasses, etc).
[*] Mention if your character has any tattos on his body and what they stand for.[/list]

CREATIVE STYLE TO ROLEPLAY YOUR CHARACTER
  • Title says it all and I would say that this is the last thing to do after you studied and fully understood the previous things and your character, you just need to find a really creative way to roleplay it and you always can create your own style of roleplay so there is nothing much to say about this so- GOOD LUCK!
Leave some feedback is always accepted.
- Writer: Henry C. Scalfano
Nikki Conard
Tzar Mikhail Kashkaev
Don Nicholas Corleone
Don Nicholas Paterno
Don Miguel Stracci

Santia
Made man
Game name: John_Provenzano, Roy_Vargazzo, John_Wagner

Re: [Guide] How To roleplay certain character?

July 19th, 2013, 12:53 pm

Nice one.
maybe you will RP better if you imagine how your character talk and sound like.
So you can talk like in real life :D

P R O V E N Z A N O

Donald
Faction Leader
Game name: Donald_Capazzo

July 19th, 2013, 4:42 pm

All you need is imagination.

RVSH TO YOVR DEATH

Anaconda
Consigliere
Game name: Laurence_Ravensdale, Trevor_Armstrong

July 19th, 2013, 4:44 pm

Really good guide. Good job :)

Niky
Soldier
Game name: Nikki_Conard

July 19th, 2013, 6:06 pm

michael0011 wrote:Nice one.
maybe you will RP better if you imagine how your character talk and sound like.
So you can talk like in real life :D
That can really help you, you imagination will improve much by watching mafia movies too, tnx guys.
Nikki Conard
Tzar Mikhail Kashkaev
Don Nicholas Corleone
Don Nicholas Paterno
Don Miguel Stracci

Return to “Newbie Guides”