There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
Elsarty
Outsider
Game name: Sergie_Severov

Learning Roleplay. ( Explained )

January 26th, 2014, 2:00 am

BIG THANKS TO EUGINE FOR HELPING ME IN MAKING THIS TUTORIAL! READ CREDITS.
Introduction
Hello, here you'll learn how to Roleplay, and Roleplay better. I'll try to put as much as I can in here.
I. Roleplay driving.
1. How to drive.
2. Drive-by
3. Parking guide.
4. Getting driver license.
II. Interacting with people/gangs.
1. Acting with people.
2. Calling the 911 service.
3. What to do if a cop cuffed/arrested you.
4. Acting with police officers at the police department.
5. Reacting while police officer is after you trying to stop your car.
III. Ending and credits.
1. The end.
2. Credits.
I. Roleplay driving

1. How to drive.
Since this server is based on America, you must drive on the right side. If you crashed to someone, do not get out of the car, with your AK47, shooting him to death while saying "MOTHERFUCKER YOU CRASHED MY CAR!!!" No. Just do not do this. Just easily get out of the car, making /me slowly gets out of the car, then go the him, saying "Uh, this is bad" he'll mostly reply saying "Indeed, yes, sorry I was...." you should say "Are you okay? You seem that you've been injured, do you want me to call a medic?" He'll mostly reply with "No, I'm fine thank you!" Now your time to fix up your car. Say "Okay, do you want to deal with this alone, or you would like to call 911 to come?" If he said yes, then call them. If not, then go on, saying "Well, this is big damage to my car, and also yours" He'll mostly reply with "Yes Mr.... ?" At this moment, he'd like to get your name. Tell him this "My name is...." He'll reply with "I'm .... Nice to meet you! And yes, if you can tell me how much will this cost to be fixed, I'll give you the money." If he said "I'll not give you money, it's your fault!" Then, just tell him "Okay, then I'll call 911 to come, okay ?" and go call 911.

Do not drive on someone, if you wrongly hit someone while driving like a crazy mad person, pull over ( Read the parking part down ) and go to him fast, tell him "Are you okay sir?" and then use /service medic and call a medic, saying to him, "I'm sorry sir, I didn't see you, hang on, help is coming!" And if he is badly injured, then get your car near him, and get down making "/me opens the door and let the injured man inside." And go to the hospital, so he can get better. And you don't need to follow the lights, since they're unsynchronized, But if you would like to, then you may do so.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Drive-by.
You may not DRIVER drive by, but you're totally allowed to do so if you're passenger. This means, while on a bike, do not shoot anyone with Q/E or just shooting from the front, this applies to car's too. You can drive-by as passenger by getting in the passenger seat, and press " H " to shoot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Parking guide.
You can't park your car in the middle of the street, will you do that in real life ( IRL ) ? If you did, firstly, people will come and kill you with their fists due to them being mad, if you was lucky, cops will come and arrest you. So, you need to park your car good, here is how to:
Spoiler
This is correct way to do so.

4. Getting driver license.
First, go to the driver licenses place, using /gps or /helpme then driver license. Then get in pressing ' Enter ' and use /driverlic, and, you'll start the driver license test, read the rules, and follow them, after you do that, and finish the test, you'll receive your driver license. For more info visit This thread.
II. Interacting with people/gangs.

1. Acting with people.
Do not look at people's name over their head, and after say ' Hey ....... ' This is only allowed in 2 places, if you're talking in OOC chat, or if you've asked for his/her name. When acting/talking with people, do not to try to showoff / try to be gangster, it'd end up with your name at the kill list. Just do not insult people while talking to them, you know, not saying ' Hi motherfucker ' some'd take it as real insult, and whoops. Be respectful, and kind. If someone asked you your name, saying ' Hello, my name is ..... What is your name ? ' You should reply saying ' Hi, my name is ......., nice to meet you! ' And you can go on. If someone did insult you, just do not reply with insult. If he told you ' You're an asshole! ' Just tell him ' Well, thank you. I'm not rude, like you to go in that conversation. ' He'll just come mad and fuck his keyboard up. Don't worry if you saw him typing ' abuisbuiasbudas ' it's his keyboard asking for help.

2. Calling the 911 service.
Just call them using /c(all) 911, and DO NOT say in it "[HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111]SOMEONE IS KILLING ME!!!!!!!" No. Use it like this: "May you please send officer to [ Your location ] as I'm being attacked?" And I can tell you, they'll send some officer or 2 for sure. And do not troll/abuse it, and do not give fake info. If you do not know the position, then just say ' May you please send officer to me, as I'm being attacked? Location: Unknown. ' But, it'll be better if you did look at your screen, down you'll find your location.

3. What to do if a cop cuffed/arrested you.
Do not panic, just think what have you done to make you cuffed? If you think you have done nothing, say to the officer ' Officer, please, can you tell me what I've done, please? ' And do NOT try to run, and run, you'll get caught at the end. It'll just increase your jail time. If he have said ' I do want to cuff you, noob. ' Or something, you can report him at the Police department website..

4. Acting with police officers at the police department.
So, get in the police department, use /bell the reason you want here.. And wait. When any officer comes, tell him ' Good day, officer. I'd like to...... ' and keep on, and remember do NOT insult/swear/panic. And do not try to act like a smartass. When you're done, tell him ' thank you, officer. Have a nice day! Good bye. ' and use /wave then /clear ( After waving a lil ) Then /me slowly gets out of the police department.

Reacting while police officer is after you trying to stop your car.
If he is trying to make you stop, and told you to stop, do not try to run away, in a way or other, he'll catch you. Sooner or later. He have got other units, he can call backup, it'll just end up with your car damaged and you trying to run, while about 3-4 police cars are after you. Here is what to do: When you do find him, asking you to stop, pull over ( Read the parking section ), use /engine, and say, 'hello officer, may I ask why you've told me to stop ? ' he'll tell you the reason, then get down of the car, roleplaying it ofc. and show him your licenses.

III. Ending and credits.
1. The end.
I'd just like to say, roleplay can't be learnt. All that what I've written up, you can say ' tips '. Suggestions appreciated. And sorry if I've spelled something wrong, it's 2:00 AM here, I've been writing this tutorial for hour or something, so I'm tired and can't think.
P.S: I know there's another tutorials about the same subject, but what will be the harm?
Thank you and see you!
2. Credits.
  • Server management for running this server/forum.
  • SA-MP team for this game.
  • Noam for his driver licenses [Tutorial]
  • Zeeman as I've took some ideas from his RP guide at SA-MP forums.
  • Elsarty (me) for writing this tutorial.
  • Eugine for making the code again with better and non-boring way. ( Much appreciated. Thanks. )
Last edited by Elsarty on January 26th, 2014, 5:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Beast2life
Associate
Game name: Shaster_Silverkin

Re: Learning Roleplay. ( Explained )

January 26th, 2014, 2:02 am

Well if you reallymade this that will be very nice
lame life.

Elsarty
Outsider

January 26th, 2014, 2:06 am

I've made it, sire. As you can see in the credits, I've posted the link to Noam's tutorial, and got the ideas only from that tutorial at SA-MP forum.
Thank you.

Eugine
Enforcer
Game name: Samuel_Bouchard

January 26th, 2014, 2:06 am

Good job but you have to put/add some space between paragraphs & add some colors to make it more interesting to read.

PM if you want so i can show you exactly how to do it.
Spoiler
Eugine wrote:Some people has to grow up instead of whining like a fucking moron.
Lol there's the fact that you cannot even spell English properly, and you can clearly see in my screen-shot that you did not even type "assault" properly, you just ruined my IC criminal record with your shitty English, and of course you guys, and specially people from egybt that login with arab names and keep bunnyhopping wanna rob, cannot even role-play properly, that's why you just apply for a legal faction then follow the guides step by step to reach your ranks, i bet most of you doesnt even know how maverick runs goes, and you will never do because you only got promoted with not effort by your fellow egybtians, one of you tries to join a faction, then the rest of the idiots follow him so they get promoted immediately, claiming that he is good, while they cant even reach the outsider rank in illegal because the RP is strict there.

Elsarty
Outsider

January 26th, 2014, 2:19 am

Eugine wrote:Good job but you have to put/add some space between paragraphs & add some colors to make it more interesting to read.

PM if you want so i can show you exactly how to do it.
Done, thank you.
P.S: Added in credits.

Donald
Faction Leader
Game name: Donald_Capazzo

January 26th, 2014, 2:25 am

I'm sure that role-play is not teachable practically. You learn your own ways to role-play by expanding your horizon, encountering situations which you'd encounter in real life, and so on. You're free to role-play whatever you want, for example if you don't want to stop when a cop is ordering you to pull over, you'll not stop but continue driving.

You cannot role-play based on a guide which lacks in various situations which often happen.

RVSH TO YOVR DEATH

Elsarty
Outsider

January 26th, 2014, 2:29 am

Elsarty wrote:I'd just like to say, roleplay can't be learnt. All that what I've written up, you can say ' tips '.

Eugine
Enforcer
Game name: Samuel_Bouchard

January 26th, 2014, 3:15 am

Keep updating this, it's good ;)
Spoiler
Eugine wrote:Some people has to grow up instead of whining like a fucking moron.
Lol there's the fact that you cannot even spell English properly, and you can clearly see in my screen-shot that you did not even type "assault" properly, you just ruined my IC criminal record with your shitty English, and of course you guys, and specially people from egybt that login with arab names and keep bunnyhopping wanna rob, cannot even role-play properly, that's why you just apply for a legal faction then follow the guides step by step to reach your ranks, i bet most of you doesnt even know how maverick runs goes, and you will never do because you only got promoted with not effort by your fellow egybtians, one of you tries to join a faction, then the rest of the idiots follow him so they get promoted immediately, claiming that he is good, while they cant even reach the outsider rank in illegal because the RP is strict there.

Elsarty
Outsider

January 28th, 2014, 3:01 pm

This is shame :/ 90 view and only 2 people posted :/
Suggestions appreciated, back activee.

P.S, I'm on mobile, sorry for th speeling.

Rick
Donator
Game name: Rosario_Soprazzo, Matheo_Trapani, Matteo_Corozzo, Rose_Soprazzo

January 28th, 2014, 3:02 pm

Thanks for teaching me how to Roleplay.
ray diesel wrote:I Mean if you can Unabn me i stay 4 Month To This Please Unban me i do DOnat and i think i lose my cars and my House For what you give me Bani only wanna play in this server please unban me.

Elsarty
Outsider

January 28th, 2014, 3:05 pm

Rick wrote:Thanks for teaching me how to Roleplay.
So funny.

Rick
Donator
Game name: Rosario_Soprazzo, Matheo_Trapani, Matteo_Corozzo, Rose_Soprazzo

January 28th, 2014, 3:06 pm

Elsarty wrote:
So funny.
What's so funny?
ray diesel wrote:I Mean if you can Unabn me i stay 4 Month To This Please Unban me i do DOnat and i think i lose my cars and my House For what you give me Bani only wanna play in this server please unban me.

vin
Retired Admin
Game name: Andrew_Yuksel, Marcus_Arryn

February 8th, 2014, 9:59 pm

Great effort,not really good guide.Why should every player should roleplay a nice and polite person?
awper of lothbrok

Nasca
Outsider
Game name: Jonathan_Nasca

February 8th, 2014, 10:26 pm

Rick wrote:
Elsarty wrote:
So funny.
What's so funny?

Anyway, get rid of all the coloured text and all the dots between the paragraphs. Keep it simple. You'd might want to change the title into something more suitable as well.

Return to “Outdated Guides”