There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
Shadow
Enforcer
Game name: Leo_Court, James_Hunt

Guide: How to use /irc, /report and /ask correctly.

June 10th, 2012, 12:48 am

Guide to using /irc, report and /ask
• /irc
/irc is for requests or talk to an Administrator about an issue. This is not for asking questions nor reporting a player.
If you have been mistakenly jailed by the Server for Driveby, you may request an Administrator to unjail you.
If you have an issue you'd like to resolve with an Administrator or Helper, you may request it.
If you need to go Out of Character and requesting the tags for it, you may.
If you are bugged (Frozen, Under a map, Teleported somewhere else) you may request an Helper or Administrator.
If you saw someone hacking but didn't catch there name but the vehicle, you may ask an Administrator to spectate them.
Please do not just say an Administrators/Helpers name or "Admin/Helper come here." Please state your request. (E.G. "Hello, I am bugged under a map. May someone please come and help me?")

• /report
/report is for reporting a player that is breaking the Server Rules to an Administrator or if the player is new to an Helper. If a no one responds to your report this means they are not avalible and are busy with something else. Please take a screenshot (F8) and report it to the forums: viewforum.php?f=17 with the correct format and title.

• /ask
/ask is for asking questions to the Staff of Italy Mafia Roleplay.
Questions start with "What, when, why and how."
If you are asking where a location is, please ask In Character before asking on this command.
Please do not just say an Administrators/Helpers name or "Admin/Helper help." Please state your request. (E.G. "Hello, how do I lock my owned vehicle?")
Note: Please use the correct commands instead of PMing or SMSing a Administrator or Helper. If you have already used '/ask' and someone has replied then you may use /pm to reply back.
Note: If an Administrator or Helper is not on duty, please do not contact them unless it's urgent.
Last edited by Shadow on November 9th, 2015, 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't even think about it.

Retired Server Helper
Retired Owner of Italy Mafia Radio (Los Santos Smash Hits)
Retired T0 Governement, SASF, PD, FBI, Cuneo
Player since 2011.

Casper
Retired Admin
Game name: Antonio_Rigazzi

Re: Guide: How to use /irc, /report and /ask correctly.

June 10th, 2012, 6:55 pm

I hope people reads this, nice one.
Antonio "Probs" Rigazzi

"You’re not the only one that had an unhappy childhood, there are millions like you, and,
in my eyes, they are the tough ones, not you!"

Johnny
Enforcer
Game name: Johnny_Carrone

June 10th, 2012, 7:06 pm

Reporting on /irc got me kicked a year or so ago, not sure whether it still applies or not.

Fabrizio
Associate
Game name: Fabrizio_Strozzi

June 10th, 2012, 7:58 pm

Casper wrote:I hope people reads this, nice one.
Rolling since 2011

Deck
Made man
Game name: Nate_Harman

June 10th, 2012, 8:10 pm

Epic guide, I really hope a lot of people read it, except I would recommend removing this bit:

Note: You won't get punished for mixing the commands, but it's very helpful if you do not mix the commands to contact Staff.

Just do not mention about no punishments, if you don't mention anything, people will read this and might think it is actually against the rule, so they won't do it. Saying it's not punishable will not properly deter people from doing it. Of course, of someone specifically asks if it's against the rules, you'd say no.

Just my opinion. Nice guide.

Shadow
Enforcer

June 10th, 2012, 8:17 pm

Deck wrote:Epic guide, I really hope a lot of people read it, except I would recommend removing this bit:

Note: You won't get punished for mixing the commands, but it's very helpful if you do not mix the commands to contact Staff.

Just do not mention about no punishments, if you don't mention anything, people will read this and might think it is actually against the rule, so they won't do it. Saying it's not punishable will not properly deter people from doing it. Of course, of someone specifically asks if it's against the rules, you'd say no.

Makes it sound more of a rule, I don't want to be added rules. Thanks anyway ;)

Retired Server Helper
Player since 2011.

Deck
Made man
Game name: Nate_Harman

June 10th, 2012, 8:27 pm

Shadow wrote:
Deck wrote:Epic guide, I really hope a lot of people read it, except I would recommend removing this bit:

Well, if it's just a "guide" on how to use chats correctly, it could either be perceived as guide or a rule. Let people think it's a rule, then it will be taken more seriously, but of course don't say it's a rule when it's not and when people ask if it's a rule say no.

You seem to have removed what I suggested to anyway. :)

Yards-sama
Retired Admin
Game name: Darius_Rookwood

June 10th, 2012, 8:32 pm

You'd think this all straightforward but man do /irc, /report and /ask get misused.

Well done, Shadow.
Darius H. Rookwood
From Unofficial to Official

Rest in Peace, Spencer Wing

Shadow
Enforcer

June 10th, 2012, 11:33 pm

Deck wrote:
Shadow wrote:

Well, if it's just a "guide" on how to use chats correctly, it could either be perceived as guide or a rule. Let people think it's a rule, then it will be taken more seriously, but of course don't say it's a rule when it's not and when people ask if it's a rule say no.

You seem to have removed what I suggested to anyway. :)

Quick! Hide your posts. xP

-- June 10th, 2012, 10:33 pm --
Yards wrote:You'd think this all straightforward but man do /irc, /report and /ask get misused.

Well done, Shadow.
Thanks pal.

-- June 12th, 2012, 3:40 pm --
Yards wrote:You'd think this all straightforward but man do /irc, /report and /ask get misused.

Well done, Shadow.
I believe Ozzy removed it or I was half asleep lol.

Retired Server Helper
Player since 2011.

Vince
Outsider
Game name: Philip_Blundetto

December 10th, 2012, 1:38 am

Thank you, this is a very helpful guide...
Spoiler
I'm on a mission that niggas say is impossible; but when I swing my swords they all choppable!

Shadow
Enforcer

November 9th, 2015, 8:28 am

Updated.

Retired Server Helper
Player since 2011.

Return to “Outdated Guides”