There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
frankvg
Enforcer
Game name: Frankie_Delugo

Adware

February 28th, 2013, 10:42 pm

Okay, great! I got myself an adware virus (it shows ads on random sentences/words.) I scanned my pc with AVG but it doesnt find anything. How to get rid of this adware? I already deleted the program where it was in (i guess). Seems like it infected my pc already. How to get rid of it now?

Thomas
Soldier
Game name: Thomas_Toro, Thomas_MacDermott

Re: Adware

February 28th, 2013, 10:46 pm

GET FUCKING BULLGARD, AVG GIVES CANCER TO COMPUTERS.

Thomas MacDermott

Spoiler
Past characters:
Thomas Capelli
Thomas Paterno
Thomas Corleone
Thomas Hudson
Thomas Toro
Thomas Jay
Eire Laosieach
Thomas Stracci
Carlos Phantom
Jesus Chapa

Mati
Associate
Game name: Ignazio_Lucchese

February 28th, 2013, 10:46 pm

frankvg wrote:Okay, great! I got myself an adware virus (it shows ads on random sentences/words.) I scanned my pc with AVG but it doesnt find anything. How to get rid of this adware? I already deleted the program where it was in (i guess). Seems like it infected my pc already. How to get rid of it now?
Install the new updates of AVG.
If you didnt update it it will never show you the new virus
Last edited by Mati on February 28th, 2013, 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ray
SASF Commander
Game name: Raymond_Vederano, Charles_Nixon

February 28th, 2013, 10:47 pm

Try to scan with Norton.

frankvg
Enforcer

February 28th, 2013, 10:53 pm

I dont want to download any new virus scanners, I just need to get rid of the virus. I guess I got the latest version of AVG and a sec ago I updated it and it said it found nothing.

Thomas
Soldier
Game name: Thomas_Toro, Thomas_MacDermott

February 28th, 2013, 10:59 pm

DOWNLOAD BULLGARD YOU HAVE 120 DAYS TRIAL PERIOD, IT'S THE BEST ANTI-VIRUS AVAILABLE IT WILL DELETE ANYTHING.

Thomas MacDermott

Spoiler
Past characters:
Thomas Capelli
Thomas Paterno
Thomas Corleone
Thomas Hudson
Thomas Toro
Thomas Jay
Eire Laosieach
Thomas Stracci
Carlos Phantom
Jesus Chapa

Mati
Associate
Game name: Ignazio_Lucchese

February 28th, 2013, 11:01 pm

Thomas wrote:DOWNLOAD BULLGARD YOU HAVE 120 DAYS TRIAL PERIOD, IT'S THE BEST ANTI-VIRUS AVAILABLE IT WILL DELETE ANYTHING.
aAHA anything he want all :D

Mueller
Caporegime
Game name: Alessio_Raggati, Alessio_Porcello

February 28th, 2013, 11:12 pm

Okay quite it all. Best is to download MBAM, update to the last version and scan your computer / delete everything.

Realy simple and the best program to use, look hackers infect their own PC lot's of times and when they do it's the best to reinstall windows but if you don't want to do that it's the best to scan and remove with MBAM. ;)

This works for all kind of viruses

frankvg
Enforcer

February 28th, 2013, 11:23 pm

Mueller wrote:Okay quite it all. Best is to download MBAM, update to the last version and scan your computer / delete everything.

Realy simple and the best program to use, look hackers infect their own PC lot's of times and when they do it's the best to reinstall windows but if you don't want to do that it's the best to scan and remove with MBAM. ;)

This works for all kind of viruses
I downloaded ad-aware free anti-virus. It directly found 5 threats and removed them. I'll see tomorrow if it worked.

Freya
SA Police Department
Game name: Accola_Cunningham

March 1st, 2013, 12:01 am

Get Kaspersky or Security Essentials. AVG will only destroy your PC. It has been proven.

Vic
Soldier
Game name: Jaffar_Pearce, James_Lahey, Leroy_Lennox, Sebastian_Schoenbeck, Jjjjjjjjjjjjj_Jjjjjjjjjjjjj

March 1st, 2013, 2:13 am

Download Malwarebytes and make a full scan on your computer, delete the following viruses mentioned = your computer will be as new again.
Fuck man... rulebreaking is more addictive than heroin.
https://youtu.be/zN8VOsJCJLk?t=37

Richard Denham
Associate
Game name: Richard_Denham

March 1st, 2013, 2:34 am

Ok ffs.

1) On a NON-INFECTED computer, Download Malware Bytes and put it on a USB stick.
2) disconnect the infected computer from the internet, Physically dis-connect if you can. (unplug the network cable)
3) Reboot the computer into SAFE-MODE - This turns off a lot of shit that the virus could use to hide itself
4) Run Malware Bytes FULL intensive scan and leave it
5) Quarantine or delete entries.
6) Give computer internet access
7) click the "check for updates button" in Malware bytes
8) run a full scan again.
9) If nothing has appeared after re-synching with internet, You should be ok to perform the next few steps, if NOT the only soloution is a full wipe of the system and re-installing Windows.

---------
1) Boot up the computer
2) Get an "On access" scanner like security essentials from Microsoft or any other package you want.
3) Run a full scan with whatever tool that is.
4) make sure it always downloads latest updates and fixes

That should do it.
John Anderton - Sulu Otomo - James Murphy - Richard Denham

frankvg
Enforcer

March 1st, 2013, 3:21 pm

Richard Denham wrote:Ok ffs.

1) On a NON-INFECTED computer, Download Malware Bytes and put it on a USB stick.
2) disconnect the infected computer from the internet, Physically dis-connect if you can. (unplug the network cable)
3) Reboot the computer into SAFE-MODE - This turns off a lot of shit that the virus could use to hide itself
4) Run Malware Bytes FULL intensive scan and leave it
5) Quarantine or delete entries.
6) Give computer internet access
7) click the "check for updates button" in Malware bytes
8) run a full scan again.
9) If nothing has appeared after re-synching with internet, You should be ok to perform the next few steps, if NOT the only soloution is a full wipe of the system and re-installing Windows.

---------
1) Boot up the computer
2) Get an "On access" scanner like security essentials from Microsoft or any other package you want.
3) Run a full scan with whatever tool that is.
4) make sure it always downloads latest updates and fixes

That should do it.
I'm gonna do it as you said, but first I'll scan my whole computer with ad-aware, and check if its still infected. Else i'm doing this for nothing, lol.

Flip
Associate
Game name: Derek_Eisenhower, Nicholas_Auerbach, Timur_Maksimov

March 1st, 2013, 3:23 pm

Dannyser99 wrote:Try to scan with Norton.
Are you on crack? Hes using AVG which is 100 times better than dem' niggas who make Norton.

frankvg
Enforcer

March 1st, 2013, 3:24 pm

Flip wrote:
Are you on crack? Hes using AVG which is 100 times better than dem' niggas who make Norton.
lol. What is better now? AVG or others? If AVG is so bad I'll just get Microsoft Security Essentials which I got on another PC and is free and good.

Flip
Associate
Game name: Derek_Eisenhower, Nicholas_Auerbach, Timur_Maksimov

March 1st, 2013, 3:27 pm

frankvg wrote:
Flip wrote:
lol. What is better now? AVG or others? If AVG is so bad I'll just get Microsoft Security Essentials which I got on another PC and is free and good.
AVG is the best free one out there. I use McAfee but it costs me like 30 pound a year.

frankvg
Enforcer

March 1st, 2013, 3:29 pm

Fuck, Now I noticed that my second computer also is infected, damnit!

Percy

March 1st, 2013, 3:39 pm

You should have ran the program Sandboxed first, plz.
For next time you run a virus:
http://www.sandboxie.com/

frankvg
Enforcer

March 1st, 2013, 3:51 pm

Hmm, my main pc is scanning with that malware program atm, and on my sec. Pc i scanned with microsoft. It found a program called adware, so i deleted it, checking if it solved it now. (phonepost)

» Attempted Double-post at Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:56 pm «

Posting this from my second PC. I guess I got rid of the adware on this PC, but one thing keeps bugging for me and that is this one.

Maybe you can help me. I'm not really good at this, but maybe you can notice which one of my procceses is the virus running?

[EDIT]
The adware is still here, fuck, but its only doing one advertisement each site now.

frankvg
Enforcer

March 1st, 2013, 4:22 pm

On my pc i dont have any extensions if im right. Will check later. Oh neither my little brothers pc has any.

VincentGambino
Enforcer
Game name: Henry_Ruggerioni, Kurt_Ruggeroni

March 1st, 2013, 4:44 pm

just get drunk and forget all about it. thats how I deal with it

frankvg
Enforcer

March 1st, 2013, 5:23 pm

Im not really up for jokes, and your answer does not answer my question.

-[EDIT]-
FUCK! I think i've been doing this for no reason, as it only shows the [adware] at my company forums. Is this my PC infected with adware now or is it just my forum? You can go have a look too, you might see it too.
http://delugocorps.freeforums.org/

ThaCrypte
Lead Administrator
Game name: Paul_Henderson

March 1st, 2013, 5:41 pm

I advise Hitman pro, it recognize's 9999/10000 viruses + it deletes them for you, after the trial you can still scan and remove by hand

// thank me later
hehe

frankvg
Enforcer

March 1st, 2013, 5:43 pm

ThaCrypte wrote:I advise Hitman pro, it recognize's 9999/10000 viruses + it deletes them for you, after the trial you can still scan and remove by hand

// thank me later
Could you reply to my latest reaction? Check my forum and check if you see the adware too. I guess its infected on our forums and not on my PC, lol.

Court.
Outsider
Game name: Gino_Chiatti

March 1st, 2013, 10:06 pm

your Forums are fine, i had this Problem/Vires Too, All i did was Hover over the Text/Add It will tell you some sort of name. Go in to you computer and then on Change/remove Software look for something called the name of what you found out from the add, Delete it then go in to chrome or what ever browser you use and look for extensions in your settings and remove the Add Software there too, That is what i done and now it is fine for me. Hope i helped.

frankvg
Enforcer

March 1st, 2013, 10:30 pm

Its the website. I only got the adware when I get on my forum. One of my members, who is registered there too noticed the same problem already. Seems like i need to create a new forum.

Mickey_Capelli
Associate
Game name: Mickey_Capelli

March 8th, 2013, 1:05 am

Ok here's the deal

You open start menu > all programes > accessories > System tool > System restauration > you choose a date your computer saved choose One or Two days before you had that virus, > wait for about five minutes > open your computer re-scan it with AVG or Malywarebytes > clean with CCleaner and correct the errors > enjoy
Sonny Perelli
Spoiler

Roberto
Outsider
Game name: Roberto_Stuard

March 31st, 2013, 9:26 am

Did you fixed it?
You can also download adblocker plus as add-on for google chrome. Bans most of the ads even on youtube;)
ImageImage
Spoiler
History:
Resigned Senior DJ
Server Helper
Vice Director Shield Delivery Company
SASF Corporal
FBI Agent
Caporegime Cuneo
Soldier Corleone
Soldier Barzini
SAPD Acting Deputy Chief