July 21st, 2013, 5:22 pm

Coool
dyt

K3
Retired Admin
Game name: Sarah_Kelroy, Marco_Barese

Re: Reports and Ruleset

July 21st, 2013, 5:52 pm

vazeg wrote:Cool, I can't wait to see the ruleset.
PS. Archive is existing in Other just in case it was not intended because it seemed like it should be listed like the other ones to me.
Look in sll categories. ;)

Vic
Soldier
Game name: Jaffar_Pearce, James_Lahey, Leroy_Lennox, Sebastian_Schoenbeck, Jjjjjjjjjjjjj_Jjjjjjjjjjjjj

July 21st, 2013, 7:08 pm

Gj K3
Fuck man... rulebreaking is more addictive than heroin.
https://youtu.be/zN8VOsJCJLk?t=37

Santia
Made man
Game name: John_Provenzano, Roy_Vargazzo, John_Wagner

July 21st, 2013, 7:12 pm

Update on rules? Oh man awesome.

P R O V E N Z A N O

Santo
Enforcer
Game name: Santo_Rossini

July 21st, 2013, 7:13 pm

Santo Margella - Stracci Caporegime
Yuri Voskoboynikov - Kemirov Soldat
Mario Travolta - Leone Solider

Noam
Made man
Game name: Adam_Heink, Barrington_Buckley

July 21st, 2013, 7:37 pm

Can't see how that can be more effective for admins. Anyhow they will check all the reports, it won't make it easier though. I believe admins do not make a separation between types of reports beforehand. No doubt that will make the 'Report a Player' section more organized. Great feature.

Andre
Retired Admin
Game name: Andre_Badal

July 21st, 2013, 7:51 pm

Not really interested in the new "Report A Player" revision, however, looking forward to the new set of rules.

Milos Miokovic
Outsider
Game name: Milos_Miokovic

July 21st, 2013, 7:57 pm

Andre wrote:Not really interested in the new "Report A Player" revision, however, looking forward to the new set of rules.
Noam wrote:Can't see how that can be more effective for admins. Anyhow they will check all the reports, it won't make it easier though. I believe admins do not make a separation between types of reports beforehand. No doubt that will make the 'Report a Player' section more organized. Great feature.
I think it's just making confusion to players and admins, and like said up^ I think it's not that organized, old one was good.
[+] Awards and medals
Purple Heart
Medal of Honor
Exemplary Conduct
12 Months Continous Service
4 Months Continous Service
1 Month Continous Service
Officer's Ribbon
Sergeant's Ribbon
Basic Training Ribbon
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Veteran of SA Special Forces, Long live SA Special Forces!

Noam
Made man

July 21st, 2013, 8:08 pm

It's obviously more organized, you are just not used to it.

Yards-sama
Retired Admin
Game name: Darius_Rookwood

July 21st, 2013, 8:13 pm

Note that there won't be any rules added yet. The rule set is simply being written to be clear and concise to avoid confusion and loopholes. Some punishments may also be changed by management.
Darius H. Rookwood
From Unofficial to Official

Rest in Peace, Spencer Wing

Paco_Pakito
Associate
Game name: Angelo DiNapoli

July 21st, 2013, 8:42 pm

Yards-sama wrote:Note that there won't be any rules added yet. The rule set is simply being written to be clear and concise to avoid confusion and loopholes. Some punishments may also be changed by management.
So the report a player section is basically the same however you have to make 1 more click in order to post your report.
The ruleset will only have minor adjustments....

Well...ehmm... it's ok, won't damage the server but it's not much of an improvement...

As someone said, in the end of all, the admin's task is to go through all reports the fastest possible, and I assume this won't change how fast they will be solved.

The only thing I find urgent and useful to update is the robbing materials limits...

Noam
Made man

July 21st, 2013, 8:57 pm

Paco_Pakito wrote:
Yards-sama wrote:Note that there won't be any rules added yet. The rule set is simply being written to be clear and concise to avoid confusion and loopholes. Some punishments may also be changed by management.
So the report a player section is basically the same however you have to make 1 more click in order to post your report.
I disagree. It's not about what you do to report a player, it's about how you do. The point is making the section more organized and have a better look.
Paco_Pakito wrote: The ruleset will only have minor adjustments....
Exactly, I believe nobody expects a huge change. As mentioned above, it's just an update.
Last edited by Noam on July 21st, 2013, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yards-sama
Retired Admin
Game name: Darius_Rookwood

July 21st, 2013, 8:59 pm

Paco_Pakito wrote:

Well...ehmm... it's ok, won't damage the server but it's not much of an improvement...

As someone said, in the end of all, the admin's task is to go through all reports the fastest possible, and I assume this won't change how fast they will be solved.

The only thing I find urgent and useful to update is the robbing materials limits...
Those minor adjustments can make quite a lot of difference. It's shocking how many people have a misunderstanding of what the ruleset is actually saying. The better they understand it, the better for everyone.

As for the report section, it's actually pretty useful to admins to keep everything organised so we know what goes where. Some admins have an easier time dealing with X type or report than another type so they can still pull their weight by focusing on the reports they're better suited at resolving. Taking myself for example, I hate scam reports but they can take a long time to figure out and resolve, so I usually end up IP banning the reported players if they're guilty. Other admins like zaider for example have an easier time doing those.

It may seem to make little difference to you on the surface but we wouldn't be implementing this if it didn't come with advantages.
Darius H. Rookwood
From Unofficial to Official

Rest in Peace, Spencer Wing

Noam
Made man

July 21st, 2013, 9:01 pm

You clarified some things to me, @Yards. Thanks.

Aleya BANNED

July 22nd, 2013, 3:33 pm

K3lroy wrote:
vazeg wrote:Cool, I can't wait to see the ruleset.
PS. Archive is existing in Other just in case it was not intended because it seemed like it should be listed like the other ones to me.
Look in sll categories. ;)
Oh I just noticed.

Paco_Pakito
Associate
Game name: Angelo DiNapoli

July 22nd, 2013, 3:51 pm

Yards-sama wrote: Those minor adjustments can make quite a lot of difference. It's shocking how many people have a misunderstanding of what the ruleset is actually saying. The better they understand it, the better for everyone.

As for the report section, it's actually pretty useful to admins to keep everything organised so we know what goes where. Some admins have an easier time dealing with X type or report than another type so they can still pull their weight by focusing on the reports they're better suited at resolving. Taking myself for example, I hate scam reports but they can take a long time to figure out and resolve, so I usually end up IP banning the reported players if they're guilty. Other admins like zaider for example have an easier time doing those.

It may seem to make little difference to you on the surface but we wouldn't be implementing this if it didn't come with advantages.

Okay, I belive you... You are the admins so you probably know better if it is useful or not...

However, with this update one useful feature for the players was removed. In every subsection of the report a player section, when you create a new topic it doesn't appear anymore in the top the format of the report:

Code: Select all

[b]In character name:[/b]

[b]Reported player name(s):[/b]

[b]Date of incident:[/b]

[b]Time of incident:[/b]

[b]What exactly happened:[/b]

[b]Screen-shots: ( Your case is more likely to be successful if you have screen-shots.)[/b]

[b]Chatlog or screenshot of you notifying the reported player(s): ( Use /opm if the player is offline.)[/b]
It's a small thing but it was useful when filling a report..... so if you can put it back, it would be nice

Luigi Tattaglia
Retired Admin
Game name: Clint_Marshall, Luigi_Tattaglia

July 22nd, 2013, 3:53 pm

What would be good to have is a set list of punishments. By that I mean that DM is punished via X or Y, not A, B, C, D or whatever else. That would mean that everyone would have an insight into a list of punishments and that it wouldn't be 'individual' to each admin. DM would, for example, get you ajailed for 120-240 minutes and admins can choose something inbetween that.

VincentGambino
Enforcer
Game name: Henry_Ruggerioni, Kurt_Ruggeroni

July 22nd, 2013, 3:58 pm

just make it like 600 min for everything so people just stop rulebreaking. I remember in the old IM like 5yrs ago I got 3h for not parking my car and it worked. I never did anything retarded again

Luigi Tattaglia
Retired Admin

July 22nd, 2013, 3:59 pm

VincentGambino wrote:just make it like 600 min for everything so people just stop rulebreaking. I remember in the old IM like 5yrs ago I got 3h for not parking my car and it worked. I never did anything retarded again
Couldn't have been old IM then. The 2009 did have ajails for driving left and stuff and it resulted in total diminishing of the playerbase.

Donald
Faction Leader
Game name: Donald_Capazzo

July 22nd, 2013, 4:12 pm

VincentGambino wrote:just make it like 600 min for everything so people just stop rulebreaking. I remember in the old IM like 5yrs ago I got 3h for not parking my car and it worked. I never did anything retarded again
Jailing players with higher time don't make the players to understand the ruleset, it's just the most of the people are retarded and rule break.

RVSH TO YOVR DEATH

Luigi Tattaglia
Retired Admin

July 22nd, 2013, 4:20 pm

Many admins make reasonless exaggerations or unreasonable lowering of punishments in many cases. Higher levels cannot help the players because the punishments are 'individual'. I'd be best if Kelroy would make a set list of punishments for each offence. Examples; DM(120-360 min); SK(X-Y); RK(X-Y); Mixing and so on and forth.

VincentGambino
Enforcer
Game name: Henry_Ruggerioni, Kurt_Ruggeroni

July 22nd, 2013, 4:23 pm

good then we get rid of the idiots

K3
Retired Admin

July 22nd, 2013, 5:06 pm

Most punishments are 120-240 minutes or suspensions varying in the range of 24 to indefinite.

DaoC
Enforcer
Game name: Vidkun_Quisling, Reid_Andrius, Lazar_Angelov

July 22nd, 2013, 5:50 pm

K3lroy wrote:Most punishments are 120-240 minutes or suspensions varying in the range of 24 to indefinite.
Well Jackson Pearce got jailed for 400 min for DM X4. So the limit is bigger.

K3
Retired Admin

July 22nd, 2013, 5:56 pm

ferstad wrote:
K3lroy wrote:Most punishments are 120-240 minutes or suspensions varying in the range of 24 to indefinite.
That's not a single offense. That's four offenses. :)

Milos Miokovic
Outsider
Game name: Milos_Miokovic

July 22nd, 2013, 5:56 pm

ferstad wrote:Well Jackson Pearce got jailed for 400 min for DM X4. So the limit is bigger.
And got unjailed 1 hour later...? ^.- Nobody cares about that..? Most of the ppl don't get unjailed, and some does ? What about that? Can you fix that first and then think about punishments will it be 120 min or 15235 min.
[+] Awards and medals
Purple Heart
Medal of Honor
Exemplary Conduct
12 Months Continous Service
4 Months Continous Service
1 Month Continous Service
Officer's Ribbon
Sergeant's Ribbon
Basic Training Ribbon
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Veteran of SA Special Forces, Long live SA Special Forces!

Luigi Tattaglia
Retired Admin

July 22nd, 2013, 6:01 pm

K3lroy wrote:
ferstad wrote:
That's not a single offense. That's four offenses. :)
Yeah, but he also got his weapons license removed which doesn't make IC sense. Thats what I mean with 'define punishments'. This means that someday someone can remove the player's vehicles for DB or whatever whenever they think its neccessary.

jek
Underboss
Game name: Mike_Alphonso

July 22nd, 2013, 6:21 pm

Somilea wrote:
ferstad wrote:Well Jackson Pearce got jailed for 400 min for DM X4. So the limit is bigger.
And got unjailed 1 hour later...? ^.- Nobody cares about that..? Most of the ppl don't get unjailed, and some does ? What about that? Can you fix that first and then think about punishments will it be 120 min or 15235 min.
I got unjailed, yes.
As Luigi said I don't see why my license would be removed OOC, it would be different if it all happened IC.
It's not like I abused my license by killing a couple of cops that were about to arrest one of my friends.
i cant wait to catch fat kids cheeks like you .

Return to “Community Announcements”