There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats

Should turfs be brought back?

Yes, bring them back. (Approx. 50 turfs)
54%
Yes, bring them back, but only a few big ones. (Approx. 10 turfs)
39%
No, don't bring them back.
7%

Total votes: 100
woot
Consigliere
Game name: Adam_Cooper

Turfs

August 15th, 2012, 5:29 pm

Just a global poll to know if you guys would like the turfs back. Please do not insult/rage whether it causes deathmatch or whatever. Simply pick an option and reply in thread with your opinion with up- and downsides of it.
:D

Ghost_old

Re: Turfs

August 15th, 2012, 5:31 pm

Voted not to bring them back, they would sometimes create some specific fun for the illegal side by the short term, but in the long term they will generally cause a chaos to the server's order in my opinion.
Last edited by Ghost_old on August 15th, 2012, 5:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Khazor
Retired Admin
Game name: Matthew_Fletcher, Azriel_Finkelstein

August 15th, 2012, 5:31 pm

To many small turfs = too many small shootouts and fights! I vote for 10, if we say we're 5 mobs and each of them controls one or 2 it would be fine!
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Roberto
Outsider
Game name: Roberto_Stuard

August 15th, 2012, 5:33 pm

I would say yes, but only a small amount of turfs. This will make it harder to searh the turftakerovers, so they are forced to be patient and look. It will causes some roleplay too about the rules who owns which turf and stuff. I would say +1
ImageImage
Spoiler
History:
Resigned Senior DJ
Server Helper
Vice Director Shield Delivery Company
SASF Corporal
FBI Agent
Caporegime Cuneo
Soldier Corleone
Soldier Barzini
SAPD Acting Deputy Chief
LVPD Commander

Whiskey
Consigliere
Game name: Mickey_Reagan, Tywin_Moore, Rashad_Davis

August 15th, 2012, 5:34 pm

[ Up's ] Voted for Yes, bring them back. (Approx. 50 turfs) because i was not around when 'Turfs' was in the server so it would be a new feature for me.

[ Down's ] Lot less places for players to explore because they will be owned by factions.

Ehruhgahn
Enforcer
Game name: Niklaus_Monticelli, Dmitry_Petrovich

I vote for 10, To many turfs mean to many shootouts, i think large turfs so its better to actually RP the turfs.
Lots of turfs = Lots of DM
small amount of turfs = Less DM, More RP, and looks better.
I support roleplay on Italy Mafia.

Soluxion
Outsider
Game name: Coen Coenders

I voted, bring them back, because it brings more action/active on IM and than 50 turfs, because it would be cool if you can own a little street and IM is light roleplay, and many people like to shoot, turfs are just to show who is the strongest gang.
So, I thought if you do more little than they have to show that they are the best, not hide like pussies till the time is left.
Last edited by Soluxion on August 15th, 2012, 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ok.

Percy

August 15th, 2012, 5:35 pm

In my opinion, adding turfs will give the server abit more RP and action again.
Last edited by Percy on August 15th, 2012, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rick_Soprazzo
Outsider
Game name: Rick_Soprazzo

August 15th, 2012, 5:35 pm

i love you woot,marryme
The Baws Said : There was still RP going on while we was an RPG server and I think it's a nice addition to have on an RPG server, that's what makes Italy Mafia unique.. It was a RPG server with RP included.

If people want full-RP, then i suggest you to find and join a Full-RP server and not constantly trying to change this one into it. As many people have stated... Either we're RPG or we are a RP server... And i just dont see a RP server being a realistic and possible option.
[/spoiler]
ray diesel wrote:I Mean if you can Unabn me i stay 4 Month To This Please Unban me i do DOnat and i think i lose my cars and my House For what you give me Bani only wanna play in this server please unban me.

Deck
Made man
Game name: Nate_Harman

August 15th, 2012, 5:36 pm

I voted bring them back but only 10 or so of them. I think they should be back because ATM we have all the features of an RP server but the RP itself is RPG. So might as well just have RPGish elements both ways.

Johny Mills
Associate
Game name: Johny Mills

August 15th, 2012, 5:36 pm

I voted for "Yes, bring them back, but only a few big ones. (Approx. 10 turfs)" it was always a nice feature. I don't understand why it got removed, the problem wasn't really the turfs, but the way people interacted with it. Ten turfs is just fine, theres absolutly no need to increase it to 50 as it would only lead in mass shoot outs. I think 10 is a nice start to see how it goes.
Last edited by Johny Mills on August 15th, 2012, 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you want a signature, PM me.

Andrëa
Enforcer
Game name: Graybean_Freeman

August 15th, 2012, 5:44 pm

And also make turfs catchable by gangs!
Faction leaders whined about that the gangs didn't show respect and fear towards mafias, so that will make the gangs fear the mafias.
When a gang /turfatakeover's a turf(around 9 or 10 gang members must be to /turftakevoer) the factions would come and own them.
I/A, fixing my life

francesc0
Consigliere
Game name: Francesco_Casalesi

August 15th, 2012, 5:46 pm

Soluxion wrote:I voted, bring them back, because it brings more action/active on IM and than 50 turfs, because it would be cool if you can own a little street and IM is light roleplay, and many people like to shoot, turfs are just to show who is the strongest gang.
So, I thought if you do more little than they have to show that they are the best, not hide like pussies till the time is left.

Eddie
Enforcer
Game name: Philip_Bradshaw, Santiago_Batiz

August 15th, 2012, 5:47 pm

Yes, bring them back, but only a few big ones, as others stated too many turfs mean too many shootouts

Rick_Soprazzo
Outsider
Game name: Rick_Soprazzo

August 15th, 2012, 5:48 pm

Ekra_Ultimate wrote:
Soluxion wrote:I voted, bring them back, because it brings more action/active on IM and than 50 turfs, because it would be cool if you can own a little street and IM is light roleplay, and many people like to shoot, turfs are just to show who is the strongest gang.
The Baws Said : There was still RP going on while we was an RPG server and I think it's a nice addition to have on an RPG server, that's what makes Italy Mafia unique.. It was a RPG server with RP included.

If people want full-RP, then i suggest you to find and join a Full-RP server and not constantly trying to change this one into it. As many people have stated... Either we're RPG or we are a RP server... And i just dont see a RP server being a realistic and possible option.
[/spoiler]
ray diesel wrote:I Mean if you can Unabn me i stay 4 Month To This Please Unban me i do DOnat and i think i lose my cars and my House For what you give me Bani only wanna play in this server please unban me.

Spinno
Outsider
Game name: Jerry_Cotton, Derrick_McMillan

August 15th, 2012, 5:50 pm

No unless it's altered to not be total MG/TDM like it was.
Though, if they'll be back then max a few ones which could possibly be fought over for a reason, not only by hiding in a bush for 4 minutes every hour when the cooldown is over...

Vincentino

August 15th, 2012, 5:54 pm

I want this back. I know it's an reason to DM but not everyday turfs are taken by factions seriously. Also some factions just dont have enought members to take turfs. I voted for more i think it would add more fun than Just Robbing (Factions dont RP at all).

T-Bag
Enforcer
Game name: Theodore_Bagwell

August 15th, 2012, 5:55 pm

FUCKING YES, WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO
Theodore "T-Bag" Bagwell
You don't really want smoke, you ain't 'bout that shit

Rafael
Enforcer
Game name: Rafael_Firenzo

August 15th, 2012, 5:57 pm

Yes please,i can't wait for them :)

Macedon
Soldier
Game name: Macedon_Rizzuto

August 15th, 2012, 5:57 pm

YES THATS WHAT WE WAITED FOR!
I knew this wont end up just like that > viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3363!

Nothis
Outsider
Game name: Nothis Lee

August 15th, 2012, 5:58 pm

i vote for yes ( 50 turfs ) since i never get a chance to know this feature is really is and i suggest we have this for group / team ( maybe ? ) and turfs system to change turfs colour because group and team ain't real faction

Andrëa
Enforcer
Game name: Graybean_Freeman

August 15th, 2012, 5:58 pm

Spinno wrote:No unless it's altered to not be total MG/TDM like it was.
Though, if they'll be back then max a few ones which could possibly be fought over for a reason, not only by hiding in a bush for 4 minutes every hour when the cooldown is over...
woot said don't complain about if it would be DM or TDM, he said only vote, and coment pro or contra.
I want to kill people, that's the reason I keep playing IM, if it would be ROUGH RP, like a COMUNIST state, and you can't kill people, but only admins can(like in the comunism), it would be no more fun.

Note: You people don't understand the definiton of DM. DM-DeathMatch, is when you kill/attemt to kill someone with no valid RP reason. Killing because of turf would not be DM, because if someone attempts to take over your turf, it is a big valid RP reason.
SO STOP CALLING KILLNG DM, and learn the definiton of DM and RP!!!!
I/A, fixing my life

Alonso Kane

August 15th, 2012, 5:59 pm

Turfs is the best

Paz
Outsider
Game name: Alex_Pazz, Mimi_Paz, Carmine_Russo

August 15th, 2012, 6:00 pm

Yes bring them back , but not to many

Benjamin
Soldier
Game name: Benjamin_Doyle

August 15th, 2012, 6:00 pm

10 big turfs please, would be a lot cooler.
Ionut123 wrote:in a whole day half coming New Year 2013 begins tomorrow night most beautiful party of the year i relly want this party be... (drinks Cigarettes Girls) I LOVE THIS LIFE

Macedon
Soldier
Game name: Macedon_Rizzuto

August 15th, 2012, 6:02 pm

10 turfs would be bad to defence IMO

T-Bag
Enforcer
Game name: Theodore_Bagwell

August 15th, 2012, 6:02 pm

50 FUCKING TURFS, NOT 10 -.-.1312.3-=1 .FAM OSFJIAOFN ASFJIQ ICFQ .
Theodore "T-Bag" Bagwell
You don't really want smoke, you ain't 'bout that shit

Mark
Outsider
Game name: Angelo_Vesturo

August 15th, 2012, 6:04 pm

Hell yeah, 50 TURFSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bossnigguh
Head Administrator
Game name: Carlito_Tattaglia, Frank_Turner

August 15th, 2012, 6:05 pm

Yes, around 20 would be cool.

JustinallicA
Government
Game name: Justin_Montana, Frank_Sherman

August 15th, 2012, 6:07 pm

Yes, bring them back. (Approx. 50 turfs)

Return to “Community Announcements”