There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
Sly
Consigliere
Game name: Sly_Carrone, Sam_Hunt, Dexter_Whittaker

Evidence IC and OOC difference.

September 28th, 2012, 7:03 am

So I'm seeing it a lot people taking SSes with F8 and making threats to report/snitch to cops IC.
In my opinion photos taken with a camera (without chatlogs) and chatlogs (only in case if it was recorded IC by RPing a recorder) should be counted as valid IC evidence.

I'd like your all's opinions regarding it and a answer from some one authorized to end this discussion for once and for all.
ImageImage

VincentDrucci
Outsider
Game name: Peter_Paterno

Re: Evidence IC and OOC difference.

September 28th, 2012, 7:14 am

Indeed. I got kicked from sasf because an admin ssed me with a civ driving arround, he was spectating me. How is that possible to be IC evidences.
'' Your life is a structure that you're an architect of, built by others, following your map.

Peter H.''

Ambrosio Capetta- Ex. Capetta Caporegime, Capetta founder

Peksi
Retired Admin
Game name: Ron_Walker, Raul_Wayne, Vinny_Pacienza

September 28th, 2012, 8:11 am

Faction owners / leaders (Godfather) may factionkill anyone at any time for any reason. ;)

wtf
Enforcer
Game name: Gregory_Ferro

September 28th, 2012, 8:15 am

You can also be kicked for an OOC reason.

Sly
Consigliere

September 28th, 2012, 8:39 am

Gregory wrote:You can also be kicked for an OOC reason.
that's not the point....
I am talking about when somebody reports you or snitches you.....it maybe case of one of your co-worker making complaint or one of your member giving away information of your family to FBI or Cops.
ImageImage

wtf
Enforcer
Game name: Gregory_Ferro

September 28th, 2012, 10:14 am

Reporting someone is all IC, isn't it?
Does it matter how the picture with proof is made?
It's about actually HAVING proof, not whether it's an SS or a picture.

I do know that LEO's prefer pictures instead of SSes, so no worries.

Sly
Consigliere

September 28th, 2012, 1:26 pm

SSes are inteded for pure OOC reasons and imo it's pure MGing if its used in IC matters.
'Cameras' are there for a reason.

-- Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:05 pm --

There is no such camera flying 2 ft. behind your back which will record things without anyone knowing In Real life.

Screenshots may be counted valid if RPed as Discreet camera in the room or in clothes but only if it has been installed RPly before the situation. (i'm not sure about this one , some one authorized should confirm it all)
ImageImage

Alex
Outsider
Game name: Tommy_Verdone

October 1st, 2012, 8:53 pm

Sly_Spartan wrote:SSes are inteded for pure OOC reasons and imo it's pure MGing if its used in IC matters.

There is no such camera flying 2 ft. behind your back which will record things without anyone knowing In Real life.

Screenshots may be counted valid if RPed as Discreet camera in the room or in clothes but only if it has been installed RPly before the situation. (i'm not sure about this one , some one authorized should confirm it all)
In deed, and this should only back up if you got a tape recorder tucked in to your pocket, but Legal factions have too much piss up their heads to take this in to action.
Not every story has a happy ending.
Inactivity Status: Permanent.
For those who want to get in contact with me over Skype: Pingbyter

Sean_Heatley
Retired Admin
Game name: Sean_Heatley

October 1st, 2012, 9:38 pm

Alex wrote:
Sly_Spartan wrote:SSes are inteded for pure OOC reasons and imo it's pure MGing if its used in IC matters.

In deed, and this should only back up if you got a tape recorder tucked in to your pocket, but Legal factions have too much piss up their heads to take this in to action.
m3d?
Retired Admin

Oak
Caporegime
Game name: Sean_Oak, Rufus_McIntyre

October 1st, 2012, 9:39 pm

Sean_Heatley wrote:
Alex wrote:

m3d?
My signature :D ((sorry for stealing it Ozzy))

frankvg
Enforcer
Game name: Frankie_Delugo

October 2nd, 2012, 7:17 pm

Or something like i'm RPing - My company and me are sometimes using shades with a secret-camera in it, to make IC Screenshots.
Well i think you can only use F8 IC in a scenario for example as said above.

Carrone
Retired Admin
Game name: Michael_Carrone, MIKKEL_KERON, Nathan_Boyd

October 2nd, 2012, 7:21 pm

Agreed, using screenshots and posting them as IC pictures is mixing in my opinion. FBI could just go around, making screenshots instead of using a camera and get ''proof'' without the illegal factions having a chance of defending themselves, such as shooting the agent or taking his camera because he isn't actually holding one.
Our Father, who lifts in Heaven Hallowed be thy gains; Thy gym doth come, Thy curls be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily protein, and forgive us our asymmetries, for we forgive those who curl in the squat rack; and lead us not into cross-fit, but deliver us from cardio. Wheymen.

Sly
Consigliere

October 2nd, 2012, 7:24 pm

Carrone wrote:Agreed, using screenshots and posting them as IC pictures is mixing in my opinion. FBI could just go around, making screenshots instead of using a camera and get ''proof'' without the illegal factions having a chance of defending themselves, such as shooting the agent or taking his camera because he isn't actually holding one.
Trouble is not with FBI, They are just pro's and doing it right.
Trouble is snitches going to Law with SSes and some civilians posting SSes in an IC complaint of an LEO.

I think there should be rule like if you are going to put SS as proof you need to provide a SS as OOC proof of you actually RPing installation of a hidden camera.
ImageImage

frankvg
Enforcer
Game name: Frankie_Delugo

October 2nd, 2012, 7:28 pm

What about my scenario? That's not a real form, as we show we are taking pictures IC using the /me's. - /do's

frankvg wrote:Or something like i'm RPing - My company and me are sometimes using shades with a secret-camera in it, to make IC Screenshots.
Well i think you can only use F8 IC in a scenario for example as said above.

Kjetil

October 7th, 2012, 3:36 pm

FOR SSes to be valid you need a recorder, nothing else works. About the secret camera, yes, it's possible, but you need to role play it. First of all, using a hidden camera, such as in a pen, is powergaming if you do not turn it on and of using /me. They usually have small capacity, low resolution and are really not that easy to hide and use.

When I had a guy infiltrating Stracci I gave him a hidden recorder in a lighter, nothing high tech. But for it to be valid he had to use /me to press a button underneath the lighter to turn it on and off.

Also, a chatlog without SSes are invalid in my opinion. Why? Because they can be tampered with.

Carrone
Retired Admin
Game name: Michael_Carrone, MIKKEL_KERON, Nathan_Boyd

October 7th, 2012, 4:39 pm

Sly_Spartan wrote:
Carrone wrote:Agreed, using screenshots and posting them as IC pictures is mixing in my opinion. FBI could just go around, making screenshots instead of using a camera and get ''proof'' without the illegal factions having a chance of defending themselves, such as shooting the agent or taking his camera because he isn't actually holding one.
Trouble is not with FBI, They are just pro's and doing it right.
Trouble is snitches going to Law with SSes and some civilians posting SSes in an IC complaint of an LEO.

I think there should be rule like if you are going to put SS as proof you need to provide a SS as OOC proof of you actually RPing installation of a hidden camera.
Like I said ''FBI ->COULD<-'' I'm not saying that they are, I'm just saying how powergaming it is to do such a thing, as there's no reason for the person to respond to his actions, as it's invisible to the other player that he's taking screenshots. Anyone accepting screenshots as pictures without it being roleplayed should be punished for powergaming aswell. Sadly, this doesn't happen.
Our Father, who lifts in Heaven Hallowed be thy gains; Thy gym doth come, Thy curls be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily protein, and forgive us our asymmetries, for we forgive those who curl in the squat rack; and lead us not into cross-fit, but deliver us from cardio. Wheymen.

Tony_Tagliano
Outsider
Game name: Tony_Tagliano

October 7th, 2012, 6:32 pm

OOC is ooc and IC is IC.
SS IS OOC and Camera is IC.
Using SS'es for evidence for reporting a mafia or soemthing to the police or something is not valid evidence as its mixing.

when it comes to Rping recording a converstation, ss must be the only way as you need proof of the actual converstation otherwise it could sound like your powergaming.

so..
its pretty easy.
SS = OOC
Recording = SS is necessary for a valid proof of the actual converstation.
Camera = IC.
Retired Player, Helper & Radio DJ.
September 2011 - Mars 2013.
Spoiler
Characters:
Tony_Corleone - Godfather - Corleone 05.2012 - 01.01.2013
Tony_Tagliano - Underboss - Rizzuto
Tony_Tagliano - Caporegime - Barzini. - around december in 2011.
Cesar_Dominguez - Caporegime - Paterno Begining 2012.

Jack_Hilton - Italy Mafia Player 2008-2009 Lieutenant in LVPD, SDC , Sgarrista in Leone, Corleone & Stracci[/align]

Santino Tagliano
Outsider
Game name: Louie_Tagliano

October 7th, 2012, 7:33 pm

Tony_Tagliano wrote: its pretty easy.
SS = OOC
Camera = IC.
Previous characters:
Spoiler
2007 - 2008 _____________________________________________________________________
- Daniel_McKeen
Leone Capodecina
2008 - 2009 _____________________________________________________________________
- Mark_Wallace
Stracci Sgarrista

2011 - 2012 _____________________________________________________________________
- Louie_Tagliano
Barzini Capodecina

- Diego_Dominguez
Civilian
- Santino_Tagliano
Paterno Consigliere

- Louie_Paterno
Paterno Don

2013 -_____________________________________________________________________
- Louie_Tagliano (Current character)
Civilian

Sly
Consigliere

October 7th, 2012, 8:43 pm

Tony_Tagliano wrote:OOC is ooc and IC is IC.
Using SS'es for evidence for reporting a mafia or soemthing to the police or something is not valid evidence as its mixing.

when it comes to Rping recording a converstation, ss must be the only way as you need proof of the actual converstation otherwise it could sound like your powergaming.

so..
its pretty easy.
SS = OOC
Camera = IC.
So is what I said but I would appreciate if there is a rule against it.
ImageImage

Tony_Tagliano
Outsider
Game name: Tony_Tagliano

October 8th, 2012, 12:08 am

Sly_Spartan wrote:

so..
its pretty easy.
SS = OOC
Camera = IC.
It is, metagaming. If someone sends pd or anyone else a as which he uses as picture, proof and the other guy uses it as a real picture, then you have metagaming from both sides. So, the rule is there already. Just not not with clear text. Could edit the description with that as example aswell tho.
Retired Player, Helper & Radio DJ.
September 2011 - Mars 2013.
Spoiler
Characters:
Tony_Corleone - Godfather - Corleone 05.2012 - 01.01.2013
Tony_Tagliano - Underboss - Rizzuto
Tony_Tagliano - Caporegime - Barzini. - around december in 2011.
Cesar_Dominguez - Caporegime - Paterno Begining 2012.

Jack_Hilton - Italy Mafia Player 2008-2009 Lieutenant in LVPD, SDC , Sgarrista in Leone, Corleone & Stracci[/align]

Mickey_Capelli
Associate
Game name: Mickey_Capelli

October 8th, 2012, 12:55 am

Tony_Tagliano wrote:
Sly_Spartan wrote:

so..
its pretty easy.
SS = OOC
Camera = IC.
It is, metagaming. If someone sends pd or anyone else a as which he uses as picture, proof and the other guy uses it as a real picture, then you have metagaming from both sides. So, the rule is there already. Just not not with clear text. Could edit the description with that as example aswell tho.
About that mix ,haha here's a joke , sonny texas Buhahahahahhaha,
Last edited by Mickey_Capelli on October 8th, 2012, 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sonny Perelli
Spoiler

Sly
Consigliere

October 8th, 2012, 6:38 am

Tony_Tagliano wrote:
Sly_Spartan wrote:

so..
its pretty easy.
SS = OOC
Camera = IC.
Not just that but there should be stricter against it since 'F-leaders' are supposed 'NOT' to rulebreak. And every member who gets FKed for IC reason and suspects MG in it he should have right to forum report and ask for the evidence.
ImageImage

K3
Retired Admin
Game name: Sarah_Kelroy, Marco_Barese

October 13th, 2012, 9:46 am

If you report someone In Character, you must have In Character evidence. That can be obtained the following ways:
- Camera pictures
- Bugs planted on whoever (SS the chatlog)
- Witnesses
- Links to IC forum posts
You can ONLY use F8 pictures if you can provide a very good reason for why you used F8 and not a camera. If you can provide proof that you roleplayed F8 being a camera phone, or onboard cruisercam or something like that it can and will be accepted as IC evidence. End of discussion.

If you report someone Out of Character - use whatever evidence you have. Just don't go from an OOC report to an IC report.

Return to “Answered”