There is currently a faction war going on! View Stats
Freya
SA Police Department
Game name: Accola_Cunningham

Will using any of these mods be illegal?

October 17th, 2012, 6:16 pm

Xenon Mod : It turns the headlights of any vehicle to blue and the rear lights to green.
Pimp my Car mod : It adds spotlights, searchlights and neon tubes to any vehicle.
Handling.cfg : Is editing it allowed?
PFP Mod : Speeds up the parachute.
Mixed Fighting Styles Mod : The title says it all.
Extreme traffic mod : Increases traffic in singleplayer. Have no idea what it will do in multiplayer.
Editing .ipl files : Is it allowed?
Custom weather Mod : It allows to change weather and time of the day in singleplayer. What will it do in multiplayer?

Carrone
Retired Admin
Game name: Michael_Carrone, MIKKEL_KERON, Nathan_Boyd

Re: Will using any of these mods be illegal?

October 17th, 2012, 6:37 pm

1. If it's only visual and doesn't do anything else such as making your lights flicker, yes it's allowed.
2. Same as 1.
3. Obviously not allowed.
4. Obviously not allowed.
5. Not allowed.
6. Doubt it'll work.
7. No clue what IPL files are =P
8. Changing weather is an admin command, I doubt any of your singleplayer mods'll work in multiplayer unless it's a visual mod only.
Our Father, who lifts in Heaven Hallowed be thy gains; Thy gym doth come, Thy curls be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily protein, and forgive us our asymmetries, for we forgive those who curl in the squat rack; and lead us not into cross-fit, but deliver us from cardio. Wheymen.

Deck
Made man
Game name: Nate_Harman

October 17th, 2012, 6:42 pm

I agree with Carrone.

To sum it up, the only mods which aren't allowed are the mods which are either advantageous to you (however, modified crosshair mods are allowed) or mods that affect other players. All other mods are okay, obviously, you'll have to apply a little bit of common sense to some mods which you're not sure of.

Freya
SA Police Department
Game name: Accola_Cunningham

October 17th, 2012, 6:58 pm

Carrone wrote:1. If it's only visual and doesn't do anything else such as making your lights flicker, yes it's allowed.
2. Same as 1.
3. Obviously not allowed.
4. Obviously not allowed.
5. Not allowed.
6. Doubt it'll work.
7. No clue what IPL files are =P
8. Changing weather is an admin command, I doubt any of your singleplayer mods'll work in multiplayer unless it's a visual mod only.
.ipl files are map file btw.
and i cant get banned for trying the weather mod and the traffic mod out right?

Deck
Made man
Game name: Nate_Harman

October 17th, 2012, 7:00 pm

Try it on a server you don't care about (Y)

Carrone
Retired Admin
Game name: Michael_Carrone, MIKKEL_KERON, Nathan_Boyd

October 17th, 2012, 7:05 pm

Deck wrote:Try it on a server you don't care about (Y)
Exactly xD

I still doubt that they'll work though as there's no traffic at all in multiplayer. Even if the weather mod works, I doubt it'll be allowed because you can change the weather to rainy and it'll somewhat change the handling of most vehicles aswell.

-- October 17th, 2012, 7:08 pm --

Prettymuch the only mods that are allowed are mods that change the visual of something but only if you're the only one that can see it. If it does anything else, expect it not to be allowed.
Our Father, who lifts in Heaven Hallowed be thy gains; Thy gym doth come, Thy curls be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily protein, and forgive us our asymmetries, for we forgive those who curl in the squat rack; and lead us not into cross-fit, but deliver us from cardio. Wheymen.

Shadow
Enforcer
Game name: Leo_Court, James_Hunt

October 17th, 2012, 10:17 pm

handerling only works on single player I believe.
Don't even think about it.

Retired Server Helper
Retired Owner of Italy Mafia Radio (Los Santos Smash Hits)
Retired T0 Governement, SASF, PD, FBI, Cuneo
Player since 2011.

Sean_Heatley
Retired Admin
Game name: Sean_Heatley

October 17th, 2012, 10:43 pm

There's a simpler rule.

No CLEO mods of any kind are allowed here, unless you are a law enforcer and only then ELM only.

Player side mods such as pedestrian skins, vehicle skins and other minor visual mods which offer no advantage other than looking nice are allowed. Any mod which effects the way something SHOULD work is not allowed
Retired Admin

K3
Retired Admin
Game name: Sarah_Kelroy, Marco_Barese

October 18th, 2012, 12:04 am

Sean_Heatley wrote:There's a simpler rule.

No CLEO mods of any kind are allowed here, unless you are a law enforcer and only then ELM only.

Player side mods such as pedestrian skins, vehicle skins and other minor visual mods which offer no advantage other than looking nice are allowed. Any mod which effects the way something SHOULD work is not allowed
Couldn't have said it better.
If you have some cracks/.asi/.cs mods enabled you can actually edit the handling.cfg file and make it work on MP, therefore it is not allowed.
Pimping your vehicle sometimes cause problems for other players, and admins get a warning about it because it's also possible to edit your vehicle's look with s0beit.
.ipl files, map files, must not be edited. I'm not going to list the things you can do with them.
Some weather mods actually change the entire weather on a server, I'm not sure if it still works but I suggest you don't do it here.

Try on a server you "don't care about" as mentioned earlier. If it turns out a mod is harmless, I don't see a problem in you using it since admins will most likely not know anyway. Therefore, test your mods - if they're harmless then just use them. I also have some mods that change a few things, but they're only visual and harmless to the server and other players.

Xenon Mod : It turns the headlights of any vehicle to blue and the rear lights to green.
Pimp my Car mod : It adds spotlights, searchlights and neon tubes to any vehicle.
Handling.cfg : Is editing it allowed?
PFP Mod : Speeds up the parachute.
Mixed Fighting Styles Mod : The title says it all.
Extreme traffic mod : Increases traffic in singleplayer. Have no idea what it will do in multiplayer.
Editing .ipl files : Is it allowed?
Custom weather Mod : It allows to change weather and time of the day in singleplayer. What will it do in multiplayer?

Return to “Answered”